26 – Aftermath
3.9k 12 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wha—-“

There, the wave of destruction that had attacked Luvia was now coming towards me while in its same blurred form.

So it didn’t end with the explosion. It seems she really intends to end this in a ‘single attack’.

If that thing has tracking abilities, then even if I try dodging it with [Rift Walk], it would just chase me. Fuck! My only option is to block it with my sword and put everything I have in defense.

"Oooooooo!!”

Holding the greatsword in front, I deployed all my defenses and planted my feet firmly in the ground.

*GIYARIRIRI—–*

Raising a shrilling, uncanny sound, the shockwave was being stopped by my shield sword.

There was an impact but it didn’t explode and like a drill trying to punch open a hole in a wall, the wave of destruction continued to try and dig into my sword.

But Aetherius is a mythical weapon that can't get dull or break. 

"Kuh!! HAAAA!"

With all my strength… I managed to fend off and split apart the wave of destruction, but it really took a toll on me, as I was forced on my knees and was heavily panting.

"Haa… haa…"

But what I need to think about right now is not how tired I was but the enemy that’s still standing in front of me, Mina. There's one thing I can still do. The skill I got from the Goddess. Berserker Blood. The lower my HP the stronger I can get. 

After reading its full description, apparently it will trigger some sort of transformation and boost every single stat I have. It's the last card that I can play.

As I contemplated that strategy, I glared at Mina who had come right in front of me who knows when.

“Sorry, I became a bit too serious there.”(Mina)

Sticking out her small tongue slightly, Mina gave a somewhat embarrassed expression, like a child whose prank had been found out by someone.

“Don’t glare at me like that. This battle was Yufine-san and demon-san's victory.”

“What are you planning?…….”

“Nothing at all. I lost the moment I was forced to unlock all my seals. But it was too fun so I couldn't help it. You girls are strong.”

Putting both of her hands in the front she fluttered her palms. Her actions were really comical like a child.

“I never said that we’ll continue this battle till either one of us died.”

I could only blink my eyes and breathe right now.

I was unable to even agree or even nod to her words.

“fufufu, I really thought I’d die in today’s battle. It was quite a Hard Mode battle but I had fun. Such talent is rarely seen. Your coordination was perfect. I'm sure that in a few years you might reach my level.”

As if thanking me, Mina clapped my shoulder.

I reflexively shook her hand off.

"Don't be like that. Here, [Greater Elysium]."

Greater Elysium? That's the highest healing magic in Phantasy Reverie Online. It recovers 60% of your total HP. The bleeding also stopped. And of course, she also cast it on Luvia. Luvia was all right, and in a panicked manner abruptly got up.

As for me, the bleeding stopped completely and my wounds healed. I felt refreshed. 

“Nn mouu, don’t be so angry! You guys aren't bad people. Twisted, yes, but you're good people. You learn a lot about someone by fighting them. And now, we can all be friends! Yufine-san, Luvia-san, please be my friends!!"

She's totally acting like a fan girl now and her suppressing aura has toned down. I can't see any more hostility in her. Is it really a good idea to accept her hand. My brain can no longer keep up with the sudden turn of events. I guess you can say my body entered auto-pilot mode, as I extended my hand to shake hers.

"Sure… I guess…"

"Yaaay!!"

Seriously, is she for real?

------

~Meanwhile in Victorias Kingdom~

"Is your stay here, comfortable, Raziel-sama?"(Lilith)

"Yes. But please, there's no need to concern yourself with me."

Princess Lilith was currently having a conversation with the Divine General Raziel. A man that always keeps his eyes closed and has long blonde hair wearing a pure white robe and a fancy purple cape. What's more, his pointy ears clearly reveal out that he is part of the elf race.

"Please forgive my rudeness for approaching you like this, but may I ask something?"

"Go ahead."

Displaying a bright and gentle smile, Raziel looks like the type of man with great patience and he also doesn't have the arrogance that would normally come with such power and title.

"Why have the Divine Generals decided to request heroes from our kingdom? And… might I inquire what is the story behind the 5th Divine General? I've never heard about anything like that."

"I see. Well, very few have, so I am not surprised. I don't mind sharing the story. First, are you well aware of the identity of us, the Divine Generals?"

"Of course. Leon-sama, Cornelia-sama, Irene-sama and yourself, Raziel-sama."

"Correct. Lord Leon is the strongest out of all of us and acts as our leader. He's also the most fit for that task. If I am honest, Cornelia is a bit of a brute and Irene just hates responsibility. As for me, I am often told that I am too gentle.

But back to the main topic, Mina is a special case. She is presumably a child of one of the Goddesses. A demi-god if you may. When Leon found her, she had no clue how to use her powers and ended up destroying villages in the process. 

Leon picked her up and molded her strength, however, he strictly focused on her abilities, so you can't say he was a good father. In fact, because of this… Mina is a complete idiot."

Princess Lilith tilted her head as if not comprehending his words.

"You see, Mina has very little common sense. Because Leon focused on helping her control her powers and training her… things like common sense have been sacrificed. In fact, even though she is probably the same age as you, her mind is that of a child."

Raziel took another sip from the teacup in front of him. 

"I will say one thing about that child. Friendship is something she values deeply. She's someone who mostly has only various animals as pets. Even us, the other Divine Generals, she doesn't see us as friends. More like superiors or acquaintances. 

She has one conviction. A friend is someone she will treasure more than anything. A friend is something worth fighting for. In fact, she'd most likely drop a mission if a friend would be in trouble."

"I… see…"

"I know it's weird. But at least she has a conviction. Most people don't. Anyway, she basically passed with flying colors all the tests we threw at her, so we made a consensus and promoted her as the 5th Divine General."

"If she's that strong, why have the Divine Generals requested 5 heroes from us?"

"This was Leon's order. You know as well that what your father did was unorthodox. The heroes were supposed to be summoned across all the kingdoms of humanity. You should feel lucky that I convinced him to let me come and discuss the matter. 

Your heroes, I saw them. They are stronger than average humans but still weak. Then again, I know they're still at the beginning of their journey, so they can improve. But in order to improve, wouldn't you agree that serving under one of the Divine Generals would be a great bet?

After all, we are currently not allowed to take action against The Old One. So having you guys grow faster is important for everyone."

"I got the feeling that that's not the only reason…"

"Fufu, you are sharp. The real reason behind this… is to keep Mina out of trouble. She needs people with common sense. Her childish nature is getting in the way of her missions."

"In other words, you want a babysitter for her?"

"I'm ashamed to say, but yes."

The princess could only let out a forced smile. Upsetting the person in front of her would not be wise at all. But the shock was too much for her brain to handle. Is being ridiculous powerful all it takes to become a Divine General?

Furthermore, a child born from a Goddess should be someone people should look up to. Not a complete idiot who doesn't have a care in the world. Friendship is her conviction? It is important, but completing your duty for the greater good of humanity is more important.

Those were the princess's thoughts.

"Raziel-sama, when shall we expect her?"

"I can't say for sure. She was sent to explore Luvelia continent. Once she returns, she will drop by. I can't estimate how long it will take. But Cornelia volunteered to deliver this message to her. So it shouldn't take that long. Also…"

In the next moment a powerful aura was gushing from Raziel. It was so thick that for a moment the princess thought she was choking.

"Please refrain from having any rude thoughts towards Mina. She may lack experience, but she has the same status as us. You wouldn't want to anger me, would you?"

"Of… of course not, Raziel-sama!!"

The air once again calmed down.

"I knew you were reasonable, princess. Don't worry about your heroes. Nothing will happen to them as long as Mina is with them."

"Raziel-sama, might I ask one more question? What exactly is the role of the Divine Generals? If you can't act against The Old One…"

"Hahaha! I understand your confusion. We must maintain balance in the world. The Old One isn't the only threat. Do you remember the raging basilisk from 5 years ago? It would have devoured an entire country if Irene didn't slay it.

Then there was a volcano that would have eradicated the dwarves if Cornelia didn't redirect the lava.

There are many threats that must be dealt with."

"And how do you know which threat to handle?"

"By visions from the Goddesses, naturally."

With those words, silence once again fell in the room, as Raziel continued to enjoy his tea, and the princess was left with perplexed thoughts.

134