36 – This is not how I imagined a prince
3.1k 6 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kuh. That thing actually defended against [Giga Flare], huh?"

We've been stalking this area for quite some time now in hopes of finding this WarBull. Normally the rules of adventures say that you can't interfere with other people if they don't ask for your help. But these 2 are clearly outmatched. So lending a hand won't give me any penalty.

Still, for this thing to survive Giga Flare it can only mean one thing. It has high fire resistance. I don't exactly recall all the monsters in the game, but now that I think about it, I believe WarBull has high elemental resistance, and the best way to deal with it is through plain physical damage.

"Lu-chan, you're a caster, so you aren't a good match for this opponent. As for you Iris, you still lack experience for such an opponent. This time, just observe me. I'll handle it."

"Understood."(X2)

It's not like I want to solo stuff. I'm a team player if needed, however this particular scenario forces me to take actions alone. When we finish this I might ask Lu-chan to train Iris a bit. She needs to get stronger. But back to the matter at hand… Let's try something new. A skill I didn't think I would ever use.

As for analyzing this opponent… it's completely pointless. Taking action under rage makes him too predictable to read. My victory chance against such an opponent is 99%.

I move my hand across Aetherius and forcefully cut myself, letting the blade absorb some of my blood. Normally the distance between us is too big. My blade won't reach him, but…

"[Blades of Blood]!"

The things which cut the body of WarBull was, the crimson blades formed from the blood that my sword just sucked.

This Valkyrie class skill might look like magic, but it deals pure physical damage. It creats new blades using blood and extended the blade at the time of slashing. It was a long-distance martial skill. You can say it's similar to rivers of blood in that aspect.

Note: Rivers of Blood is a weapon in the game Elden Ring with a cool animation. You can check it out on YouTube 

Blood gushed out from various places of the WarBull's body, however, it only faltered for an instant, so it didn't suffer life threatening damage. In response, it charged at me like a maniac, swinging its giant club.

"Too slow. Compared to the wyvern class dragon, you're pretty weak."

I don't know if it can understand my words, but that was the truth. Honestly, real physics apply in this world. This monster doesn't have a HP bar, so given the knowledge that Olivia drilled in me, there's an easier way to deal with it.

The moment it swung its club, I twisted my body to dodge it. Once it hit the ground I repositioned myself and immediately planted my foot on the club, making it sink deeper.

Howls and saliva came out of the WarBull's mouth. Regardless no matter how much he flexes his muscles, my foot that's restraining his club won't budge. I'm amplified with Energy Link Manipulation as a precaution.

"It's over."

Given the distance between us and his refusal to let go of the club, I take a large swing with Aetherius and in one slice… his head falls off. The body soon crashes on the ground too.

"I guess that's that. This really was a disappointing monster."

"Amazing…"(Gilbert)

Huh? I turned my head around. For a moment I completely forgot about the 2 people we just saved. Is he trying to complain that I stepped in?

"It's you!!! The woman from the temple ruins! The Nightmare Valkyrie!?"

This random dude raised his voice unintentionally, and seized my shoulders with an expression of shock on his face. 

"Eh, what? I am a valkyrie, but… nightmare?"

"Woooooo, you were amazing!!"

What the hell!? Who the fuck is this guy? Is there something wrong with his head? And seriously, if I recall, when I slayed the wyvern class dragon, those guys also tried calling me something similar. Seriously, it's a nickname I don't want. If people heard it they might think I'm some sort of monster. I'm trying to not draw unwanted attention, you know.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I have the blood of the Sword King Randalph Lutus Aeonia flowing in me. I am the wielder of the holy sword. The rising star of the Aeonia kingdom! Gilbert Lutus Aeonia!! And this is my bodyguard and best friend, Sara."(Gilbert)

"Pleased to meet you."(Sara)

After that introduction he started blabbering lots of long ass words. To put in simpler terms… he's a Prince.

"No offense your majesty, but is it okay if I just call you Gil? Formal speech isn't my strong point. I'm pretty used to being blunt."

"Yeah, that's not a problem at all. I can allow it."

"My name is Yufine. My friends over here are Iris and Lu-chan."

"Yufi, could you stop introducing me like that? My proper name is Luvia."

I ignored Lu-chan's pout since the prince wasn't done talking.

"Also… I suppose I should apologize to you."

"Hmm? For what?"

"Though being the 2nd Prince, I, currently am going through a trial if you can call it that, and don't have the appropriate gold or treasured item to offer towards my life savior! Truly Sorry!!"

"Err, do you mean you cannot give me a reward though being a prince?"

"Indeed! Though I am the prince of Aeonia, certain protocols limit my authority. If I was the crown prince like my cousin, I could have given you treasures of gold and silver, also the prestige and medals, but......"

"No, I never thought to take something after saving you, so the feelings of thanks are enough. This thing was my target to begin with. Saving you was basically a side effect of my own goal."

Besides, I'm actually glad it turned out like this. I don't want to catch the king's attention. I can say I sort of like my adventuring style right now so I would rather avoid being tied down by politics. No matter how someone governs a place, politics will always suck.

"I understand. I will respect your modesty. Still if you ever need something always feel free to ask. Occasionally I can be found at the adventurers guild, so we can meet there."

"Hmm… well… there might be something. I am trying to get access to the 5th floor of The Dectus Library. Do you think you could allow me passage?"

102