41 – Yufi and the princess
2.3k 5 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some preparations and without anyone knowing, me and Nana left Aeonia and started going along the dirt road in search for the abandoned castle where the elf slave trader was supposed to be conducting his business.

"We still have some time until we reach the castle. Yufi, mind if I ask you something?"

"Sure. Go ahead. Time might fly faster."

"What do you think of me?"

"Eeeh… I'm not sure I understand the question."

"I mean, what do you see me as?"

"I thought I said this before already, but you're an ordinary young girl, and now… despite your social status, I'm not embarrassed to call you my friend."

"Is that so… thank you very much!"

Enough with the angel smile already. You're too radiant and since the carriage is shaking, both your boobs are also shaking and I am getting unwanted stimulus.

"Still, why would you ask that? Is there something more?"

"Ah, yes, half of it."

"Then the other half would be?"

"Err, umm...... the experience of having many friends...... I lack it."

"Umm… are you sure you should be telling me this?"

"Yes. I want you to hear it.

As you now know, I am the first princess of Aeonia. There isn't a person who doesn't know me, that's also why I knew you must have been a foreigner."

"Yeah. That's true. But still, don't you have many friends? People love you like an idol."

"Yes, it's true that people are kind with me, but…"

She couldn't finish that sentence. So I took the liberty to do it in her place. Besides, I got a good picture of where this is going.

"But they are treating you as a princess, is that what you want to say?"

"Yes, that is exactly it!"

So I got the right point. I thought that this cliché had occurred a lot in novels and stuff, but this actually even applied in reality......

"The reason everyone is kind is just because I'm a princess. Although some try to ignore formalities, the image of being a princess always comes first."

I see, so even with good will, they still end up looking through rose-coloured glasses.

"But Yufi was different."

"Eh?"

Unexpectedly my surprised voiced leaked out.

But Nana continued as though it didn't reach her or she ignored it.

"You speak everything to me without holding back. Ufufu, it was shocking when you said my food wasn't good, though. And you said you see me as an ordinary girl! That really touched me."

Holy moly! Looks like I have been rude towards her. No wonder her brother reacted like that. He said she's not someone I can casually touch. I'm glad she's so understanding though.

"Well what can I say? Things like royalty or aristocracy… yeah, it just doesn't work for me. If I got something to say I say it, doesn't matter who that person is."

If I am going to live a second life in this world I might as well be myself.

"Fufu. It's because of that, I truly think we can become good friends."

Looks like my speech and conduct didn't incur Nana's wrath, but miraculously gave her a good impression about me.

If it wasn't like that, then no matter how much of a kind-hearted person Nana is, she wouldn't be hanging out with me every day.

"Thank you very much! I agree. Then, let's do our best and get along, Nana!"

"Y...Yes!"

Nana again said bashfully. Looks like she is an expert at hearing others wishes, but is bad at telling her wishes.

Her cute red face and her behaviour might incite fire in any man, but I'm doing my best to compose myself right now.

"One more thing, Yufi. I…"

"Hold that thought, Nana."

At that moment though, I pulled the reins and stopped the horses. 

"Why did you suddenly stop?"

"Pest control. Look over there."

"Eeh? I don't see anything."

"You aren't looking carefully enough. There are orcs ahead of us."

They might fool regular humans, but with my perfect vision, there are very little things that can escape my eyes.

"Just stay put, Nana. This won't take long."

"Huh!? Wait if what you say is true, shouldn't I be helping you?"

"No need. This is just a light workout for me."

.

.

.

"Amazing!! Yufi, I could barely follow you. You're super strong!"

"Thanks Nana, but I think I overdid it."

"Fufu… no wonder Gil is calling you Nightmare Valkyrie."

"Please don't start that topic."

Honestly I had a bit too much fun. And while splitting the orcs I ended up covering myself in blood.

"Hey Nana, before we continue, I really need to wash this blood. Do you mind waiting a bit? I'll take a small dip inside that small pond."

"Not at all."

And with those words, I left Nana and headed for the pond. I naturally took my clothes off, washed them and then I plunged inside myself. Cleaning is easy when you have access to magic. Some low level spells can even be used for household chores.

I was carefully taking my bath, but I felt a gaze on me. Was there an enemy still lurking around? Aetherius isn't near me right now, so I took a combat stance with my hands alone.

"Yufi, I feel bad that you're doing all the work. We're both girls so let me wash your back and…"

Complete silence. I was busted. She… saw me naked. And of course, her eyes drew near my lower region.

"Yu…Yu…Yufi… Why do you have a… a…"

Oh boy. Guess I got a lot of explanations to do now. What the hell am I supposed to say?

"Nana… this isn't something a pure girl like you should see. Can you please go back and wait for me? I'll try to explain it after I'm done."

For a few seconds her face became redder and redder. She then tried taking deep breaths to calm herself but she ended becoming more restless. She then quickly said a small "ok" like a mouse and ran in the opposite direction. 

90