45 – Emergency
2.4k 10 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yufi!! We're back!"(Luvia)

 

"....yes… Luvia-san…. approves of me now…"(Iris)

 

A lot of things happened. Firstly, after we returned, Nana had to handle the rescued slaves. Naturally because of her kindness she kept the fact that I turned her into my slave a secret. I still don't know how to cancel the Slave Seal. Honestly I even tried ordering her not to be my slave but it didn't work.

 

If word of this gets out, my life would be over and I would be public enemy number one. I also had to give her a valid explanation as to why I have a penis. So I tried explaining the term futanari to her. For the time being she didn't pry further and I also stopped taking quests for a while. It's better to lay low for a while.

 

If anything good happened from this, is that Nana promised to try and grant me access to the 5th floor of the Dectus Library as reward for our quest.

 

And now, Lu-chan and Iris have both returned from their training session. Although Iris still talks slowly and shy, I can feel that she is stronger. Lu-chan must have did fine work with her.

 

"By the way, Yufi. What happened while we were gone? I feel like you got into trouble without me supervising you."

 

"Err… you know I'm the boss, right Lu-chan. You just occasionally give me advice and by luck I just happen to listen to it."

 

"Of course, Yufi. Fufu!"

 

"Don't laugh. But you are right. You can say shit happened."

 

"Is it because of that, that troops started to assemble?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

Seriously, did someone find out that Nana is my slave? Are they sending troops at me?

 

"Well… when we…. Came back in…. Troops were gathering at the front gate. Almost as if…. They planned to go to war…."

 

This is new. Since I tried to keep a low profile after our return, I am not aware of this.

 

"Well you picked my interest. Are you girls hungry by any chance? We can go to the guild and ask Clara about it and grab something to eat on the way."

 

"... That sounds…"(Iris)

 

The moment she was about to speak something, a strong loud knock reverberated within the room.

 

"Waahaaaaaaaahhh!!?"(Iris)

 

I was quite shocked by the sudden knock, but Iris gave out an overreaction to that. Who the fuck is bothering my reunion?

 

"It’s open, please enter."

 

I don’t have any reason to ward off the person, and maybe it might be the innkeeper to tell me if I want to extend my stay.

 

"Excuse me."

 

A woman wearing black clothes entered saying that.

 

They were clothes I was familiar with. A mix between a ninja and a maid that were entrancing the bodyline of the girl.

 

"Eeh? I remember you. Sara, right?"

 

"Indeed. Please forgive me for standing in front of you in this appearance."

 

I guided her inside and it seemed that she immediately took a seat and gasped for air.

 

"Yufi, are you acquainted with this woman?"

 

"Somewhat. I'll explain later. Anyway, what happened? If I recall from Na… I mean from Princess Nanael you and Prince Gilbert went on that training camp alongside her brother and party."

 

"The Outdoor Training was stopped halfway after we were attacked by waves of monsters created by the old one. Not to mention that a powerful creature has awakened."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"The details are in here…"

 

Sara took out a single paper from her bosom and handed it to me. That was a most familiar paper to an adventurer, in short, it was the Quest paper.

 

Emergency Quest: Help!!!

Reward: As much as you want

Time Limit: Right now

Client: Gilbert Lutus Aeonia

Details: Yufine, I think of you as a soul friend of mine, and I beg you, can you please save us?

 

I will omit the start of the situation, but just explain the current situation. All the people that have been selected for this training camp are currently in the Ignia Old Castle, with monsters surrounding us, and we are completely isolated and helpless. The rescue from Aeonia's army, and even the adventurers might not make it in time.

 

But, I believe with all my heart that you would come fast to save us. Just like how you saved me when I was being chased by the WarBull.

 

That’s why, I write this request to you. To you, Nightmare Valkyrie.

 

"Stop fucking calling me that!! It's a nickname I don't want!!"

 

"Is there a problem?"(Sara)

 

I shook my head in a disapproving manner and continued reading.

 

Lastly, I want to point this out.

 

The one leading the large army of monsters is something described in legends. A monster named Grand Slicer. Please… save us.

 

"What the…?"

 

Grand Slicer? There is only monster with that name in Phantasy Reverie Online. Grand Slicer Drabaki. A creature made entirely of orichalcum, impenetrable skin and it resembles an Okuwamon from the Digimon anime series. But most important… that's a raid boss. 

 

And not just any raid boss. It's an endgame raid boss. Meaning…it's not something made to be soloed. Because it is an early endgame raid, it was never patched or updated so I did manage to solo it… but I'm not confident I can do it here.

 

"As you have read. Currently, the Ignia Old Castle is in deep crisis. Prince Gilbert has deployed an emergency quest to you, Yufine-sama, using the royal decree."

 

On the bottom edge of the paper, I could see a crown with two intersecting swords, just like the crest of Aeonia, imprinted.

 

"It is an unofficial quest currently, but will you please take it? I also beg of you."

 

Official or unofficial, fuck that shit. Nana did a lot for me these past days and kept her mouth shut. If her cousin is in danger I won't stay back. But this will probably be my last quest in Aeonia. If I do manage to take out… I will attract too much attention on me. And I didn't manage to get to the 5th floor. Aww screw it. It's not like I'm gonna find Olivia's killer in a book.  Besides, this way maybe I can get everyone off my back. While everyone is grateful and confused I probably will slip away. But it's not the time to think about this. I'll iron out the details later.

 

Plus… I didn't make it back in time to save Olivia. Absolutely, I will absolutely save them. This time, I will make it in time.

 

"Of course, I will head out right now!! Lu-chan, Iris…"

 

"You don't need to ask."

 

".... Of course…. We're with you…. 100%..."

80