55 – Mommy can still protect you
2.1k 18 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'll ask just one thing. You said I had the scent of a dragon. What do you mean by that?"

 

"Is it not clear? You must have stayed around dragons, as you smell like one of them. Your scent resembles the former Dragon Queen Olivia."

 

"You know Olivia?"

 

"Sort of. I am the one… that killed her."

 

*Clang*

 

I used Rift Walk to close the distance between us and drove Aetherius straight at him. He blocked it with his bare hands.

 

"Hou? That's a sudden change in temperament."

 

"Olivia… was my mother you fucker!! [FullBurst Stream]!"

 

All reason and logic faded from my head. The moment he stated he killed Olivia something flipped in me. I could only think of killing the enemy in front of me.

 

"OOOOO!!"

 

Strike after strike, slash after slash with a speed that can't be followed by the naked eye and he was blocking them all with his bare hands. Sparks were generated, however not a drop of blood came out.

 

What's more… I was being pushed back. I could feel his palm trying to sink into my stomach and tear it apart. I instinctively jumped back.

 

"Interesting. Olivia was your mother yet you don't have dragon blood in you. And you are someone unaffected by my sealing. You truly are a heretic being. You have a good sword… I'll take it from your corpse."

 

"As if! [Hoarfrost Dragon]!"

 

I slammed my sword on the ground generating an ice dragon. It was a Chinese style dragon rather than a western one, but the moment it will collide with him, it should freeze him solid, giving me the chance to plunge my sword in his chest!

 

"Naive."

 

"What?"

 

He enveloped his right hand in light and swung it like a sword, instantly crushing my dragon.

 

And in the next moment…

 

"Guaaah!!"

 

My right arm also was cut from my elbow.

 

"Fuck!!"

 

"Don't think I will give you time to recover. I am not as forgiving as other Generals."

 

He vanished. Once again I could only see a blur. I noticed a hole in my stomach. His hand pierced my body all the way to the other side.

 

"Aaaah!!"

 

"You can't beat me."

 

As he pulled out his hand, excruciating pain assaulted me. Did he amplify my pain sense? Regardless… against this man… I was powerless. I fell on the ground and blood started coloring the white snow.

 

"I'm sorry… girls… he's… too strong… but at least… you all… are alive…"

 

"Worrying about your companions? What a weird creature you are. And still alive after my blow?"

 

My Aurora Necklace will let me survive a lethal attack with 1 HP left. It kicked in… but it's over. My consciousness is… fading away…

 

"Playing dead? Are you hoping I would leave you like this? As long as you are still breathing my task is not over. I will have your head."

 

.

.

.

 

"I will have your head."

 

As soon as Leon said those words he swung his hand down in a karate chop manner. However, that hand was stopped.

 

"Nani!?"

 

Leon's shock came from the fact that his attack was stopped by Yufi's right hand. Yufi's right arm that was cut off has regenerated. But it wasn't a regular arm. It was covered in white scales and black claws. Due to the surprise, Leon immediately leaped back and took some distance.

 

As if like a lifeless puppet, Yufine was forced to stand up. A pair of wings suddenly erupted from her back. Her teeth became sharp fangs. And the moment she opened her eyes, her orange eyes turned green and…

 

"ROOAAR!!"

 

She let out a scream that was no different from a dragons'. Her wounds also closed up.

 

"What trickery is this?"

 

"Sorry, Leon, but I can't let you kill Yufi."

 

"That voice… how can this be? Dragon Queen... Olivia!?"

 

"That's right! Did you miss me?"

 

"How is this possible?"

 

"You think I would actually answer that?"

 

"Kuh. Regardless, I just have to kill you again."

 

Leon snaps his fingers again. His sealing worked on Olivia before, so if the person in front of him is the same dragon, then it should work. It didn't work on Yufi, but it should work on Olivia. Or at least that's what Leon thought.

 

"Fu. That won't help you. I'm not exactly my old self."

 

Right before Olivia died, she touched Yufine's chest saying that she will always be with her. Those were not empty words. It was an actual promise. Olivia infused her soul inside of Yufine. Normally it is impossible for two souls to be bound in one body. But if one of them would be dormant, then it's a different story. 

 

Olivia only awakened now because her precious daughter lost consciousness and was on the brink of death. And like any good mother, she can't overlook something like that.

 

"I will say this. This time, things are going to be totally different. Last time you only managed to beat me because I was old. However, right now, I am not bound by age, which means that my powers are like in my prime. And in my eyes, you are nothing more than a whelp."

 

"Insolent bitch."

 

Leon once again rushed towards this new enemy, but this time, his guard was broken, and the dragon fist hit his face head on, sending him crashing in the rocky mountain.

 

Sorry, Yufi. Your body can't handle the full force of my power, but please endure this. I will make him pay.

 

"Perhaps you weren't listening. Let me put it in other words. As powerful as you are, I am aware that you are bound by a curse. There are 3 conditions that must be met for you to use your full power and currently you don't meet any of them. 

 

You never had to use your full power before, but without it, you will die by my hand. In short. You can't beat me, whelp."

 

"Do you honestly think a lucky punch is all that it takes to make me submit? You arrogant dragon, I shall prove you how wrong you are. Witness, the meaning of terror!!"

 

"Fine by me. Come. I will show you the difference between us."

 

I'll be borrowing your sword as well, Yufi. I need a medium to use it. The ability that brings ruin. Dragon Queen was only my official name. However, before that I had a name that brought fear only by whispering it. My former title… let it shine once more through you.

77