60 – Desires
2.2k 11 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lotte calmed down we went back to the living room. 

 

"Nee-chan, you speak of getting out of here. For debate sake, I will go along with the flow. You said you are a mercenary, right?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"I have a request. If you help me, I will grant you anything in my power. Of course, I will also make a contract.

 

.... I want you to become someone that will help this country.” 

“..........” 

 

“I do not want to believe it will happen, but there might be some subtle movements in the Humans continent. At the time when the country becomes undermanned, I want you to lend your power to become the country’s defense. Help me achieve my dream and turn this place into a paradise.” 

 

"Well… I guess you aren't wrong to suspect humans. I did face off against Leon…"

 

"Leon?"

 

"He probably wasn't around when you got sealed. He's the reason I got sealed here myself. He's the first Divine General."

 

"Hmph. You actually faced a Divine General and lived? Maybe I should re-evaluate my opinion on you then. But if someone like that is on the demon continent, it's worse than I thought."

 

Apparently, she could not defend her country by herself and demons might not welcome her back. The humans may try and attack here when that chance comes. In other words, she was currently suffering from slight anxiety brought upon by the possibility of betrayal.

 

But fuck this. Why are the races fighting against each other instead of working together to defeat The Old One? Come to think of it, Phantasy Reverie Online had a similar storyline, but because of the freedom they wanted to give the players and opportunities for pvp I guess that was the logic. Fuck this shit! It doesn't make sense. Well, I was never good at politics to begin with, but it's fucked up. Still if the demon continent is in danger…

 

If something like that were to happen, Lotte wanted to ask me for help to ensure the safety of the people.

“I’ve been able to grasp your power just from observing it earlier. You are probably directly related to Olivia herself in some way.” 

 

I was shocked. I had not anticipated to be instantly seen through.

“I have confidence in my magic perception.” 

 

"Olivia… was my mother I guess. She died, though…"

 

"What!!? That great dragon died?"

 

"I just found out that Leon killed her, and I won't stop until I take his life."

 

"......"

 

After a few moments of silence, it was as though she tried to pierce my very soul with her eyes. She made a weird face in confusion, but afterwards, her normal expression returned and Lotte continued to speak.

 

"My condolences. I won't press further. But if you want to face a Divine General, you will need someone like me. I can make you stronger, and also, I can fight with you."

 

Hmm…

 

"What I’m in need of is genuine defensive power. If it’s you… if you are the owner of that power who does as she pleases, I can expect it to be one of the defenses of this country. Help me reshape the demons.” 

She already seems to have a strong belief in me. 

“You want me to demonstrate my power in case of an emergency? And back you up? You realize I am a human too, right?” 

“That is correct. But if you become someone close to me, I believe it will be easier to demonstrate my point. Unity between all races. I can offer you anything your heart desires, nee-chan. Wealth, food, as many men as you need."

 

"Err… I'm not into men."

 

"You swing the other way?"

 

"Sort off."

 

"That's not a problem. I will provide you with women, then."

 

"A verbal promise?"

“Nay, I have said it before, right? We will sign a contract.” 

 

"Okay, Lotte. I actually will be honest. There are a few conditions from my side. I'm tired from traveling from one point to another. Establishing a home is important. It's what my mother would have wanted.

 

I will help you, but I won't obey your orders. If I feel you are making mistakes I won't hesitate to pinch your cheeks."

 

"Acceptable. I wouldn't want it any other way."

 

"Next, my desire for revenge. I need to kill Leon, no matter what. And there might be one or two specific humans that if I ever come to cross paths with… those must never be harmed."

 

"Deal."

 

Soon after, she signaled Kudo to bring out one sheet of paper. There was nothing yet written in there. She bit her finger with her teeth and used that blood to write the words.

 

"This is the Contract Roll. The person who signed this, will have their soul cut down supposing they break their word based on what is written in the contract.” 

“.... In other words, our lives will be taken away if we break it?” 

“That's how we demons do things. And yes, that is indeed correct.” 

What a frightening contract.

“My request… Will you accept it?” 

 

"Where do I sign?"

 

"Hey… wait! Shouldn't you wait for us to get out first? I only went with the flow but escaping this place is impossible."

 

"I don’t really care. Even if it becomes a war, I’m not a person who would die from that. And it's not an issue. We won't stay here long.”

"How much self-confidence do you have there? H-Here. Sign here.” 

Her tone just changed again, or so it seemed. Then, I signed the contract with blood in the same way as her.

Pikaaaaaaaa!

The Contract Roll began to cast a pale light. Then, the paper became particles as it was split in half and absorbed into our chests.

“Fu~. With this, our contract is complete.” 

“Your tone changed, you know?” 

“W-,With this, our contract has been established! And don’t retort on my tone!” 

 

"Sorry, it's just funny to tease you, cutie."

 

"Mou… don't call a Demon King cute!!"

 

I finally feel refreshed for a change. Ever since I came into this world I have been wandering around without a goal. The Wandering House made me decide to stop wandering.

 

 I didn't have a purpose, but actually finding one feels good. I'm not meant for leadership. Making decisions and handling politics is not for me. 

 

However, being someone else's strength, getting many perks and taking my revenge. It's the right scenario. Luvia will enjoy this as well. Her knowledge as a former general will help tremendously. And I am sure she'll enjoy this just as much.

 

Iris would also be all in for this. Equality and peace for everyone. No discrimination. And Nana… she's like a puppy and will follow me anywhere.

 

"So… do you actually have a plan to get out of here, nee-chan?"

 

"Yup, but there's one more thing I would like."

 

"What's that?"

 

"Will you join me for some fun in bed? I always wanted to try out a lolibaba."

 

"Even if you are attracted to women, to ask such a thing out of the sudden…"

 

"Don't worry. You'll have lots of fun with my special lolipop, fufu!! Sorry, Lotte, but you're too cute so I can't hold back.”

68