64 – The split up
1.9k 4 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your levels do appear to be quite high for a human but….you know, the battlefield isn’t a playground. With that degree of resolve, do you really think that you’ll really be able to return safely? From what I’ve seen, you don’t appear to have even seen people die before?” (Onyris)

“…………………..” (Miyuki)

Miyuki froze as though she was at a loss for words.

“Or could it be that the king who sent you all simply treated you as pawns to be thrown away?” (Onyris)

“Th-there’s no way that could be true!” (Miyuki)

She vehemently raised her voice in denial.

“Then why are you here? It should be easy to figure out so long as you think about it a little right? Exactly what would happen if all of you were sent here. Honestly speaking, for all of you who are unaccustomed to being soldiers, what other reason is there for the king to send you here? Why were you guys in particular chosen for this mission? Because you are disposable. That’s the only logical conclusion one can take. Do you all lack brains?” (Onyris)

To the wolf man Onyris, that was an honest question. Yet, to Miyuki, it was one that gave her an extreme shock. Now that he mentioned it, just why did the king elect to send them, who had never killed a person before, along with Mina here?

If he truly wanted to assault the demons, then he should have prepared a greater force. Even so, why did he send such a small number of people here? Mina also never mentioned a word about what they were looking for here. Why them?

“I don’t get it! I don’t get it! No matter how much I think about it, I don’t get it!” (Miyuki)

“Miyuki……” (Akane)

It was Akane’s voice who pulled her confused self back to reality. Thanks to the pain, she had become somewhat calmer. Yet, based on her expression, it could be derived that she would no longer perform any reckless attacks.

“Sensei! Are you alright?” (Miyuki)

“Ah, yeah. My stomach hurts but…..he probably was holding back.” (Akane)

“Eh?” (Miyuki)

“He didn’t use his full power at all. Probably…..his level is way higher than ours. Not only that, but I feel that he specializes in physical attacks.” (Akane)

“Hou, unlike before, that’s a good analysis.” (Onyris)

Onyris was impressed with Akane for the first time. To be able to see through her opponent’s physical capabilities after receiving just a single hit, Onyris felt that it truly was as expected of one holding the title of ‘hero’.

Looking carefully, Onyris’s body was dangerously ripped. Akane, being also a PE teacher, understood that he had simply thrust his fist at her, but it had felt as though she had been hit with steel. 

“Now then, if you obediently surrender, your lives, at least, will be spared. But if you plan to continue resisting any longer, then as one of the 10 numbers in the demon race, I will send you all to hell.” (Onyris)

His terrible force of intent sent a shock rippling through them.  

Even so, if we were all to join forces we could beat him…..but… (Akane)

Indeed, at the very least, to defeat him, magic was essential. Ishida Ren was needed for his casting, and Miyuki could back him up instead of fighting on the frontline. However, even if they tried to use magic, Onyris would likely stop them.

“Sensei…..” (Miyuki)

Miyuki looked at her anxiously. She didn’t know if she was thinking about the same thing as her, but, at the very least she seemed to feel that they had no chances of winning if they fought here.

“Hold it, Onyris! Are you still going on that dark path?” (???)

“Well well, if it isn’t former rank 5, Magnus. What brings you here?”

The one who suddenly appeared was a tall man with dark skin and missing his left arm. This man was Magnus, once rank 5 of the demon race, but he lost that rank the same day he lost his arm. A demon with long red heir, yellow eyes, and covered in hot lava. He looked like a volcano spat him out. Not only that, but he appeared to already be in battle stance, as a large tornado was being produced from the tip of his sword.

“Although I also despise humans, what you are scheming is vile!” (Magnus)

Magnus brandished his sword and swung it down towards Onyris. Miyuki and co. were also nearby, but it seemed that he didn’t care. It was almost like he hoped the impact would send them flying.

As the tornado left his sword, the area was attacked by a gale.

“Kuh!” (Onyris)

Onyris immediately attempted to evade it, but the tornado didn’t stop. A wind containing vacuum blades began to attack the heroes.

“Uwaaaaahhh!?” (Akane)

“Kyaaaaaa!?” (Miyuki)

Akane and Miyuki were separated by the gust of wind. Similarly, the other heroes were engulfed and separated by one another. They mixed inside the howling tornado. It was chaos.

Eventually they were blown away and split into 2 groups. Onyris continued to dodge Magnus’s continuous stream of attacks.

.

.

.

“Uu……o-oww……” (Miyuki)

As she rubbed her waist, it seemed that she was still conscious as she raised her torso.

“Wh-what was that all about geez…..you okay, Miyuki-cchi?” (Kaga)

Miyuki glanced at Kaga, who was lying on her side, as she said that. In the next instant, Miyuki’s eyes opened wide. The reason being that quite a bit of blood could be seen coming from Kaga’s head. It appeared that she had hit her head when crashing into the wall. There were only the 2 of them. No sign of the other heroes.

It might be expected that the worst possible situation would occur.

“Miyuki-cchi!” (Kaga)

“Would the both of you just shut up?” (???)

“Eh?” (Miyuki)

Both of them reflexively twitched and froze.

“It’s better not to randomly move! You two are pretty banged up.” (???)

The one that was talking to them was Magnus.

"Did you save us?"(Miyuki)

"Don't be mistaken, humans. I hate your kind, but I couldn't let Onyris get his hands on you. His morals and heart were tainted and he has taken a dark path.

The demon race has been turned upside down due to certain events. I'm not convinced that killing you is the best option right now. So for now, you two will be my prisoners until I decide what to do with you."

The girls could only look at one another and accept the chain of events that happened so far. The most important thing was that they were still alive for the time being.

57