68 – Each with their own battle
1.6k 5 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“When did you suspect this, Raziel-sama.”

“Some time now. The “oracles” you received lately seemed forced, compared to the rest of us. But now, you tell me, Leon-sama, weren’t you tasked with a holy duty by the Goddess? Why abandon it?”

“Because I have seen the truth. Duty above anything else? Don’t give me that crap. You’d have to be an idiot to work blindly until death. All of creation cares not if we live or die. So why should we care about it?”

Both of them stared at each other for a couple of minutes.

“If Mina saw what you have become, she would be very ashamed. It’s also safe to assume the heroes you sent with her were chosen as sacrificial plans in your chess game. Which means… I see. So even the human king… no perhaps corruption has spread its wings even amongst the heroes.”

“Well, aren’t you clever, Raziel-sama? I will be blunt. Why serve a creator that abandons its creation, when you can control your own fate. At the end of the day, it’s all about freedom. Why serve in heaven when you can rule in hell? Raziel-sama, I can open your eyes, if you let me. Join me and together we shall…”

“I refuse.”

In the next movement, Raziel forced his palm enveloped with magical energy straight towards Leon’s head. But of course, Leon was able to block it. A large shockwave was created from the impact.

“That was surprising. I always considered you the most composed of the Divine Generals. To think you would react like that…”

“I was just disgusted about the being you became. Talking to you is pointless. The darkness in your heart… I can't breach it. So instead, I can only do what’s right. You will end all races so I…”

Raziel’s right hand, which was blocked by Leon, emitted an even powerful light. A golden laser beam was fired, pushing Leon on the defensive, but still causing minimal damage.

“I must stop you. Just because I am the most composed and calm, doesn’t mean I am the weakest. Remember, Leon-sama… no. Leon. You aren’t worthy of an honorific anymore. Remember, before you came along and became the 1st Divine General… that title belonged to me for a reason.”

Raziel started glowing in a blue aura and a large magical energy was released. The pressure and bloodlust generated would make a regular human faint instantly. But more importantly, his eyes, which he always kept closed… he finally opened them.

“I passed that position to you willingly because I hate violence, but also because at that time I sensed fear in you. So I wanted to boost your confidence. And even now, I can sense fear lurking around you, although from another source. Regardless, I will end your life, here and now.”

“Enough of this crap!! I’ve heard enough about fear. It is you who shall fall before me!!”

------

1 month has passed since our declaration to help Lotte become the Demon King again and create a land of bliss. It was obvious that the task was a chore. And managing the land wasn’t easy. Honestly, Lu-chan and Nana were more tired than Lotte. They were basically the ones that took care of interviews for hiring staff around the mansion/castle, trying to figure out how to enforce Lotte’s will and so on.

Vira didn’t mind helping out. She was in charge of our military force and public order. With almost inexhaustible stamina, she is a genius that can wield any weapon and cause serious damage. Of course, this is strictly involving training and making a proper army.

Lu-chan has authority when it comes to warfare. I also made some new laws and my girls also had to enforce them. This place really needs some order and some common sense. But things went smoothly. They were won over by Lotte’s cuteness. I should mention that I also got my fair share of training from Lotte. She really isn’t just a cute doll.

But as expected, our presence didn’t stay hidden for long. It’s actually a miracle we managed to get some peace and quiet for that long. We at least managed to lay down the groundwork.

“Fortify the defensive wall! Groups 1 and 2, use water magic! After that, groups 3 and 4 should immediately use lightning magic to seal the enemy’s movements!” (Lu-chan)

The great war general Luvia and Lotte were issuing orders to the soldiers in order to hold back the advance of the demons from the neighboring regions, acting mostly according to Asura’s ruler.

After the soldiers stationed at the front attacked the enemy with water magic, the soldiers on standby behind them used lightning magic. Due to the strengthened effects of the lightning magic, the mobility of their opponents was stolen.

Wary of the magical attacks, the demons didn’t advance any further. At that moment, a black mass spread across the ground.

As that occurred, a number of creatures appeared from within the blackness. No, they couldn’t be called creatures. Their bodies had decayed, and the smell of rotten flesh had spread quite a bit throughout the surroundings. However, the things that had appeared from the ground did not stop moving as they continued to advance forward on their own.

“Go! My zombie soldiers!” (Enemy commander)

At that moment, from amongst the demons, a half lizard half orc creature with a skeleton head issued orders. Upon that individual’s entrance, the morale of the enemy could be seen to have risen greatly. They must have found the individual to be quite reliable.

“Hah! Don’t be stupid! There’s no way those simple monsters could break through our Thunder Net Formation!” (Tiger Soldier)

“Look carefully. If that’s the case, then why haven’t the zombies stopped moving?” (Skeleton)

Like the guy said, the monsters, which should have been electrocuted by the ground, continued to advance forward as though nothing was happening.

“Wh-why!?” (Tiger Soldier)

Naturally, our soldiers all raised their voices in surprise. However, Lotte had already seen through that mystery and began to speak.

“I see, look my soldiers! All those zombies are species with resistance to lightning!” (Lotte)

“What will you do, rebel wanna be king? Do you want to try firing a huge magic spell against my troops? If you do, then you’ll destroy the town too.” (Skeleton)

Numerous monsters were in the surroundings. If they were to defeat them one by one, it would take up a lot of time, and the chances of their own military troops diminishing were quite high. However, if they were to use magic that could destroy them all at once, there would be a large amount of damage to the town.

“It can’t be helped. Lotte……no, your Majesty. We have no choice other than to rebuild the town later, you know?” (Luvia)

Implicitly, she was saying that they should use a wide area offensive magic to attack the entire area here. However, it was clear as day that a good part of the town would be blown away.

Lotte truly, if possible, didn’t want to damage the town too much, but if they continued to hesitate like they were, the chances of their soldiers and citizens becoming injured would increase greatly.

“I guess we have no choice…”(Lotte)

“Are you an idiot?” (Yufine)

“A-a-an IDIOT!?” (Lotte)

Not only Lotte, but everyone was shocked because I called our leader an idiot.

“Wh-what are you talking about? I’m not an idiot!” (Lotte)

“I’ll handle this. Besides, I wanted to stretch out for a bit. Let me show you what I can achieve now.” (Yufine)

“Wh-what are you doing?” (Lotte)

“It’s fine, so just be quiet and watch. ……invoke… my new magic.” (Yufine)

I murmured a chant. This was a skill in the game that I didn’t have, but was available on another class branch path. However in this world, there is no such thing as class restriction, so I could evolve and learn new magic. Vira, I owe you one for this. A bright purple light sphere was generated in the air. 

Somehow, the monsters that had been heading their way were being sucked in by the light in the sky, one after the other. What was even more surprising was that except for those monsters, no one else was being affected at all.

As though the light was the South pole, and the monsters the North pole of a magnet, the monsters steadily began to rise up into the air. And of course, they disintegrated on contact with the sphere. Black Hole! My new magic.

“What’s going on!? Aaaa!!” (Skeleton)

Even their commander was sucked up by the fierce power. Everyone deemed as an enemy. 

“And now, for the final step.”

*Finger snap*

A tremendous explosion and blinding light surged out from the sky.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

“Alright, extermination complete.” (Yufine)

“Yufi… there are times when you are more scary than any demon.” (Lotte)

65