Chapter 23 – Journey to the 18th floor.
6k 3 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After killing the Infant Dragon, I walked around the 10th floor for a while before going toward the 11th floor. I was confident that I could handle the next few floors now. My goal is to get to the 18th floor.

"That's the floor that Infant Dragon normally would be on, the 11th floor. That monster somehow ended up here ( the 10th floor ). Maybe someone lured it here or something." Not that I care about that.

Following the map, I went directly to the entrance of the 11th floor. Once there, I met some adventurers. They were two scary-looking men; they looked dangerous. They just walked past me and then disappeared.

I confess that I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do something against me.

"Here I come." So I entered the 11th floor. The only difference I felt was that the fog had gotten thicker. Other than that, I hadn't noticed that much difference. "And on this floor, some new monsters will appear."

Hard Armored and Silverback are two monsters that would start to appear. An infant dragon is also a monster from this floor.

But besides those, all the monsters I found earlier on the 10th floor would also be around here, but they would probably be a little stronger. Orc, Imp, Bad Bat, those are the monsters.

I don't particularly appreciate facing monsters like Bad bats and Imps.

"Speaking of them." In the distance, I saw a group of Imps. That's one of the reasons why I don't like them: they want to catch their enemy off guard, and they always walk in groups. Fortunately, I could deal with them efficiently.

With my knife, I ran towards them. The Imps looked at me in surprise and began to group to attack. However, I cut the necks of all of them with quick, elegant movements. I was getting good at this.

All 6 Imps fell to the ground without being able to react.

And as I killed them, I started to feel something impairing my hearing. This is one of the characteristics of why I don't like to face Bad Bats. These sound waves are horrible. It makes me completely unfocused.

While its sound wave was disturbing me, I could see it flying towards me, aiming its sharp fangs at my shoulder. The Bad Bat flew past me and disappeared into the mist. I narrowly avoided its bite.

I looked around for the Bat. After a few seconds into the mist, it made the attack again. Only this time, I used my Hell Kaios skill and hit it.

Its right wing was torn off, and it fell to the ground. I then stuck my knife into it, killing it.

Then I decided to go back. I had been inside the dungeon for a few hours. I will try to get to the 18th floor later this week. It probably won't be that hard to accomplish this goal.

####

I arrived at the portal and teleported. When I arrived in town, I noticed that the movement of people was much higher than usual. I wondered if there was a festival going on or something.

But I don't remember anything like that in the original work.

"Maybe it's just my imagination." I went to the guild and picked up the money before making my way toward the church. However, as I walked, I began to think about my presence in this world.

"Will my presence change the course of history much? So far it has changed some things, but it is still quite similar to the original story."

'Except for the portal, and also the existence of another Renard besides Harurime. I hadn't weighed in on that before, but I realized it just recently. Maybe that prostitute is not a Renard?'

Whatever.

I went on my way and stopped thinking about it for now.

One last thought that crossed my mind was, "What would happen if Bell died inside the dungeon."

####

Next day.

I was getting quite bored with my routine, but I didn't have much to do. I still wasn't that strong and didn't have much contact with the characters in the story.

Should I start to get closer to the other goddesses and other characters?

I confess that I started to take a lot of interest in Tiona and Ais. Tiona is cute and beautiful, and Ais is a pretty girl and also very cold. It would be good to dominate her. Can I get close to them? I don't think I'll have any trouble doing that.'

"What happened, Luan? You look thoughtful."

"I was just thinking about some things... About going to the 18th floor today."

"18th floor?!" Bell stood up in surprise.

"That's right. I went to the 11th floor yesterday, I probably won't have any trouble getting to the 18th floor."

"You even killed that Infant Dragon... I still can't believe how fast you are evolving." He said, looking happy. Well, he is that kind of character.

"You're evolving fast, too, aren't you? Don't worry; you'll soon reach the 18th floor."

"I'll strive for it."

Hestia was watching our conversation with a smile. She was doing everything she could to get the two of us closer, which was a bit annoying. However, this was making her get closer and closer to me.

So I didn't think it was so bad.

"I'm going to go to the dungeon now. Are you going to go now, Bell?"

"No, I'm going to go later."

"Okay."

"See you, Luan."

"See you, Goddess." I gave a smile and left the church. I ran towards the dungeon and would finally begin my journey to the 18th floor. Because of the time I would be there, I bought a bag and grabbed some food and water to take with me.

'Even if my map helps me, it will probably take a long time.'

 

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME BUY A NEW COMPUTER!!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

123