Chapter 174 – Isn’t he cute?
952 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my new sword in my inventory, I left the mansion to meet Mikoto so that we could continue her training. I was excited since today I would make my advances and try to win her over.

I'm a little nervous because I don't know if she'll get angry if I try to do something.

"Well, I'm sure she likes me at least a little. I think she won't deny my advances. I need to do it carefully so as not to scare her."

I walked through the streets and arrived near the portal. The square near the portal where I had arranged to meet Mikoto was more crowded than usual. All the adventurers had decided to go to the dungeon today.

Of course, I'm exaggerating.

"Mikoto, over here," I called out to Mikoto, who was looking for me. A smile appeared on her face when she saw me, and she ran over to me. When she was facing me, she bowed her head to greet me.

I did the same and then smiled. "We should get in line."

"I'm sorry, I should have stayed in line while waiting for you. Now it'll take us a while to get into the dungeon."

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure it'll be quicker than last time." We walked under the gazes of the adventurers and got in line. I noticed that the adventurers before us were nervous about my presence.

I just smiled at them to calm them down. When they saw me smile in a friendly way, the man took a deep breath.

"It's a pleasure, my name is George." He decided to talk to me. However, Mikoto thought he was talking to her, and she introduced herself.

"It's a pleasure, my name is Mikoto." The man looked at Mikoto and smiled bitterly, and I laughed.

"He was talking to me, Mikoto," I said low in his ear, and her face turned red.

"Oh, I'm sorry!"

"Don't worry. You don't need to introduce yourselves anyway, I already know you two."

"Hm? I understand you know Luan, but why do you know me?"

"I know you because I saw you together in the dungeon a few days ago. Besides, you're a bit famous around town."

"I am?"

"A bit."

"I didn't know that... Well, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine. Ah, do you want to get in front of us in the line? You seem to be in a hurry." The man pointed to his three companions just before him, and they smiled. They agreed.

But Mikoto and I refused. It wouldn't take that long, so there was no point.

And as I expected, it didn't take that long. We entered the portal with several adventurers, including the group just ahead of us. When we reached the first floor, I said goodbye to the group.

"We're going, I'll see you later... Maybe."

"See you later." George and his group said goodbye, and then we split up. I then opened the map to move through the floors more quickly.

"Mikoto, do you want me to carry you?" My stats are even higher than when we came here last time. I could run even faster this time.

"... I don't know. Are you going to run very fast?"

"Don't worry, I won't run that fast."

"... Even so, I don't think I should let you carry me like this."

"Come on, let's go." I approached Mikoto and picked her up. When I did, her face turned red instantly, and I squeezed her tightly. As her sword might get in our way, I put it in my inventory.

Then I started running.

We arrived in Rivira in no time, but in return, Mikoto got annoyed with me and threw up when we reached the city.

####

"You said you weren't going to run fast, you liar!

"I'm sorry, I wanted to get here as quickly as possible. We'd waste too much time on the upper floors. The monsters there are too weak, it wouldn't help your training."

"Still... It's okay, where's my sword? Let's go down and start training."

"Right, right, here it is." I handed her the katana and took my new sword out of my inventory. When Mikoto saw my new blade, her eyes lit up. It was the first time I'd shown this sword to anyone.

"What is that?! It's incredible."

"It's a new sword I got yesterday. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"It's beautiful, I've never seen anything like it before! Can I hold it?"

"Sure." I handed the sword to Mikoto, and she began to swing it.

"It's so light, it's like a katana. The blacksmith who's selling you these swords is very talented."

"Yes, he is." I smiled bitterly.

"But the most important thing is this." I took the sword and injected it with mana. When I did, the dragon was summoned. The dragon was still the same size. He hadn't grown, probably because I hadn't used the sword yet.

"WAAAAA!" Mikoto shouted and backed away. "What's that? Is it a monster?"

"Yes, it's a dragon."

"A dragon? How can it fit inside your sword? That doesn't make sense."

"It's a special magic sword. When I use it, I can summon this little dragon that will help me during battles. Isn't he cute?"

"Cute? Well... He's a beautiful dragon, but I don't know if I think he's cute..."

Upon hearing Mikoto, the dragon whimpered as if saddened. His expression changed, too. Mikoto's words had hurt him. I saw this and moved closer, touching the dragon's head.

Pyuu~~

When I did, the dragon made a cute sound, and a smile appeared.

"See, I told you he is cute."

"..."

 

You can read 10 extra chapters for 10$ here: patreon.com/parodygirl

Your support would be of great help! (really)

 

18