Chapter 5: frightening scene
400 5 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: frightening scene

 

The entire scene looked utterly chaotic as if it is the end of the world and the start of the apocalypse.

 

But in reality the earth is actually evolving.

 

The earth started to grow at an alarming rate where the empty space between lands is being occupied by new pieces of land that came out of the fog.

 

It looked almost like teleportation.

 

In this way the size of the earth is increasing with new pieces of land integrating from left and right.

 

Soon the earth became so big that the sun is actually rotating around it, instead of other way around.

 

The other planets were either integrated into earth or they became the new moons…….

 

Well no one knows about the current things of space.

 

There are no satellites in the sky and most of the electronic devices were already busted because of the strong electromagnetic impulse waves.

 

This is a long process as it will take a few days to complete.

 

…………..

 

Back to the orphanage it was night time around 1 PM.

 

After grieving for a few minutes Chandu made his way to the rubble of the previous orphanage building.

 

Fortunately he removed his dress near the door so it was not damaged as the door fell on them.

 

Retrieving the clothes he made his way towards the warehouse shed where the farm tools are placed.

 

The earth quake did not stop as there is a frequent rumble from time to time.

 

He took a shovel with long handle and made his way back to Priya's corpse.

 

There is no light as the electric lamps were already gone.

 

There is no moon or stars in the sky.

 

Instead it was filled with colorful clouds that just appeared suddenly after the first earthquake.

 

It looked magical with the aurora lights like clouds giving the dim light.

 

When Chandu came near the corpse of Priya he saw a standing figure of Priya instead of dead corpse.

 

Chandu felt his back drenched in sweat and Goosebumps all over his body.

 

Chandu know that Priya is dead and the person standing is either a ghost or a zombie that his nerdy friends mentioned previously.

 

Chandu did not move as he stood there to look clearly.

 

The face of Priya became as pale as paper and it was covered with dried blood all over.

 

She just stood there without any movements.

 

Chandu thought another possibility that she activated another skill that helped her revive or heal.

 

So he decided to test the waters.

 

“Priya, are you alright?”

As soon as Chandu spoke the question the body of Priya turned around mechanically as if the joints are stiff.

 

“Grrrr”

 

Then there is a strange roar from her mouth.

 

This confirmed that she is not human any more.

 

Based on information he knew about the zombies he has to hit their head to kill them.

 

Hitting at any other places will not kill those zombies.

 

Well hitting on head of any creature has the same effect has getting a critical hit in most of the cases.

 

Chandu immediately put into action as he swung the shovel like a drop kick on the head of Priya.

 

Her already broken head was more broken and Chandu did not stop as he swung few more times till the body dropped dead.

 

At the he sat at the side with frightened and exhausted face.

 

He started to contemplate while asking the question for the finder skill.

 

“Is there a threat near me?”

 

“No”

 

“Is there a threat near me?”

 

“No”

 

“Is there a threat near me?”

 

“No”

 

…………..

 

He stopped only when his head started to feel painful because of mental exhaustion.

 

“Grrr”

 

“Burg” “Rumble” “Burg”

 

“Grrr”

 

He heard sounds coming from the rubble of the fallen orphanage building.

 

He started to sigh and collected his thoughts.

 

He was sure that the 7 people buried under the rubble also turned into zombies.

 

Subconsciously Chandu asked a question in his mind.

 

“Find a way for me to kill those zombies.”

 

His head ache increased by a notch but he received an answer.

 

“There is a monster core in the corpse 76 centimeters south west of the host.

 

Absorbing its energy can recover and improve host’s magic power……”

 

Chandu widened his eyes with shock as he never thought that there is monster core in the corpse of Priya.

 

He joined his hands to pray for her wellbeing of her soul and went to dig out the monster core.

 

The monster core is at her brain.

 

Since her head is already broken it was easy to take her monster core.

 

The monster core looked like a grey crystal that was filled with fog.

 

It was only the size of a pea.

 

Without the pointing of the finder skill it was hard for Chandu to find this monster core.

 

He wiped the blood with the bed sheet and looked at it carefully.

 

Then as he remembered what his nerdy friends said.

 

Absorbing the monster crystals can improve the level or recover the used magic energy in the games.

 

So he tried that in reality as he tried to absorb the energy in the crystal.

 

He felt some strange energy flowing back into his body through the hands that is holding the crystal.

 

Soon his head ache started to fade away and he felt a little refreshed.

 

While he absorbed the crystal started to lose its fog and finally it turned into dust.

 

There is power and energy coursing through the body of Chandu making him feel stronger.

 

He immediately went to the rubble where the sounds are coming then posed a question to his finder skill.

 

“Find the best way to get the monster cores of these people?”

 

But since the range is small the skill was only able to point at one position and a zombie in the detected area.

 

“Host, remove the 3 broken bricks 15 centimeters to the right side of your right foot.

 

When the head of the corpse pops out hit it with the shovel 3 times, on the top of its head at the marked area of the map

 

Collect the monster core that appears after that…..”

 

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 11 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

87