Chapter 6: two suns in the sky, magic energy fog
316 1 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have changed the background theme of the blog page so you can read at ease.

..........................

Chapter 6: two suns in the sky, magic energy fog

 

“Host, remove the 3 broken bricks 15 centimeters to the right side of your right foot.

 

When the head of the corpse pops out hit it with the shovel 3 times, on the top of its head at the marked area of the map

 

Collect the monster core that appears after that using the cutting plier that is 49 centimeters to the north of the player.”

 

Chandu was shocked by the detailed plan given by the finder skill.

 

At that time he understood that the skill is not a search function but it has many uses based on the question asked.

 

It is almost like a personal planner or an intelligent secretary.

 

Well the brain and mental power the skill is using is his own.

 

But still it was quite amazing.

 

Chandu first took the cutting plier and placed it in the storage.

 

Then he started doing just as the skill suggested.

 

“Bang”

 

“Bang”

 

“Bang”

 

Within 10 seconds he was able to kill the zombie.

 

It was hard to locate the monster core as it was even small than that of the monster core in Priya.

 

He used the cutting plier and took the core out and placed them in a sock as they are covered in blood.

 

He decided to continue to get the monster cores first and then think about other things later.

 

So he moved to the area where the sound are coming and killed the 7 moving corpses.

 

Well they are already dead and may be they are zombies or undead.

 

Whatever it might be Chandu killed them and took their cores.

 

He went towards the kitchen area to get some supplies but he stopped remembering that the gas cylinder is right under the rubble and it might blast at any time.

 

So he made his way towards the bathrooms and cleaned the cores before storing them in an empty cover in the storage space.

 

After using the storage space he became more and more fascinated by it but after playing it for a few times he felt mentally exhausted again.

 

So he stopped and started to recover using a monster core.

 

But it shattered very quickly.

 

Even after using all the 7 monster cores Chandu did not feel as recovered as he was before.

 

‘May be there are grades or division in the quality of the monster cores too’

 

Chandu thought and decided to rest here for the night.

 

There is a tree nearby that has many branches.

 

He climbed on the top of it and slept on its branch silently.

 

He doesn’t know if there is anything that will attack him at night.

 

So he has chosen a big tree to rest.

 

He did not dare to sleep completely as he rested in half sleep state till sunrise.

 

There are actually 2 suns in the sky and they seem to be lot smaller so the overall intensity is the same even if there are 2 suns.

 

Chandu was fascinated again but what made him feel strange is the white fog that is covering the sky and the earth.

 

The visibility is only for few meters around Chandu.

 

The shaking and rumbling of the earth did not stop even now.

 

Chandu don’t know how long will it be like this.

 

He even felt a little dizzy.

 

Well the earthquake is not continuous.

 

If it is then most of his organs might have damaged because of the strong shaking.

 

Last night there is a blast where the LPG cylinder burst into flames because of the strong shaking and sparks.

 

Chandu was far away so he was safe but the rubble was shot in all directions.

 

Some of these pieces of rubble have bruised Chandu who was shielded by the tree.

 

 But by the morning most of it was healed for some reason.

 

The fog around is like the same fog that he absorbed from the monster cores.

 

But the concentration is very less even with all the visual impact.

 

Chandu also understood why those people turned into undead or zombies.

 

It was because of this fog.

 

Also he felt that the monster cores of the ability users have better quality of this fog.

 

Now Chandu has 2 questions he wanted to find the answers for.

 

“Find what this fog is called?”

 

Chandu posed the question.

 

“Magic energy”

 

He found the answer.

 

“Find if there is a monster core in me”

 

Chandu posed the second question

 

“No”

 

Chandu sighed with relief.

 

This means only if a person dies and becomes that undead or zombie will he form a monster core.

 

Chandu dug a pit and buried all these people first.

 

Then he went to drinking water preserving are near the food materials warehouse.

 

Chandu wanted to acquire some necessities before he start moving towards the town to explore.

 

There are water bubbles that came from water purifier.

 

Chandu put 4 water bubbles in his storage then stored some salt and some food materials that can be preserved.

 

The 1 cubic meter spaces is quite small.

 

He placed some tools to start fire, fight, and cook in the space…….

 

Through the entire time Chandu is trying to absorb the surrounding fog through the air.

 

But the speed is very slow.

 

It was as if Chandu was drinking water but through his skin.

 

Every time Chandu absorbed some of the fog, Chandu felt refreshed and clear minded.

 

But he did not feel any strengthened like when he absorbed the fog inside the monster cores.

 

If he wanted to know the details he has to move on and uncover the truth step by step.

 

This is the beginning of the era of chaos and he is just a little ant to climb up the ladder of evolution right now.

 

After taking the things he needed, Chandu looked one last time towards the orphanage that is completely collapsed and left towards the main road.

 

But before starting his journey he asked a question.

 

“Find me a direction that will help me grow powerful?”

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 13 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

62