Chapter 14: loot
192 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14: loot

 

After the improvement they will not have any change even if it was consumed for a long time.

 

Well if it is a little higher level wolf then the improvement would appear again….”

 

The information appeared in Chandu’s mind slowly as the shock on his face grew bigger and bigger.

 

He smiled as his eyes almost became lines and the corners of his mouth reached his ears.

 

“Hell…yeah”

 

Chandu did not store the monster wolf immediately as the fight ahead is still going on.

 

He has to make sure that both wolves and the scouts die after the fight.

 

One of his newly obtained skills is memory manipulation.

 

He can use that to read their memories and find a way to enter that city that appeared near the broken town.

 

Since the people in the city were able to go out scouting even after that heavy earth quake then their city should still be intact.

 

The most probable reason should be that magic or something else….

 

Chandu made his way using the hide skill to look at the fight.

 

Most of the scouts have already died and there is only the team leader of the scout fighting the two wolves with his sword.

 

Chandu was sure that he would die along with one wolf injuring the other.

 

Chandu wanted to use that moment to kill the remaining wolf using his shotgun at close range sneaking on the wolf using the hide skill.

 

After few minutes the expected results happened.

 

Well the results were predicted by the finder skill and Chandu stood at the predicted place holding the shot gun waiting for the wolf to come.

 

“Bhoom”

 

The injured wolf died and Chandu felt something absorbed into his body.

 

Most probable some magic energy from the dead wolf.

 

In game terms it should be experience points.

 

Previously he posed a question to find how to level up and the answer is he can level up by doing everything.

 

From killing to cooking anything can give him sufficient energy to level up but absorbing the monster cores is the shortest way.

 

It seems like there are some risks and restrictions involved in absorbing the magic energy from those monster cores.

 

Or 

 

There seems to be some other thing that requires other than absorbing the magic energy from the monster core.

 

He was only able to kill the wolf because it was at close range and it was previously severely injured.

 

If he has to fight it head on then the chance of killing the wolf is very low.

 

Chandu did not bother with the wolf and went straight to the body of the leader of the scouting team.

 

Then he checked to see if he is dead or not.

 

Confirming that he is dead Chandu pressed his hand on the top of his head and started to read through his memories.

 

There are too many memories so Chandu tried to use the finder skill and got to the memories that he wanted.

 

After attempting a few times he got all the required information.

 

This scouting team leader is not a good person.

 

Abused his power many times and killed many people especially women when he found them outside the down.

 

The fellow members in the team are also like that and if any one opposed him then he will be killed when they are out on mission.

 

……..

 

Next is about the city of Agarat, It was actually the lowest ranked city of Magadha country with a few villages outside.

 

But it has high city walls and magic formations that would help city block natural disasters.

 

Well not the complete city but the main shelters and some key places.

 

They have frequent attacks of the monsters from outside the city wall called the beast tide.

 

There is army and adventurer’s guild which act as soldier and free mercenary wings.

 

There are many other things………..

 

After getting the information he went took all the valuables from the body of the scouting team leader.

 

Then made his way to other corpses and removed all the valuables by checking memories and using the finder skill.

 

It is bad that those horses ran away and if he had those horses here Chandu would be able to get more materials.

 

Well it is not a problem.

 

After getting the important things Chandu went to dissect the monster using the sharp daggers that the scouting team leader has.

 

Chandu took all the valuable materials and placed them in different portable packages that he prepared previously before leaving the town.

 

He spent nearly 2 hours to get all the things he wanted from those corpses of the wolves.

 

In the mean time he killed the ones that turned undead and took their cores and used them to recover his strength.

 

Finally before leaving he buried the corpses of the two women a little far away.

 

Fortunately no other monster appeared and the people from the town did not seem to start walking or they are too slow as 10 kilometers is long for the people that usually lazed around travelling by vehicles.

 

After finishing his work Chandu completely cleared all the evidences that he was not there from the beginning.

 

 Then he moved to the side of the road and started towards the city of Agarat using his cycle from the storage space.

 

After another 10 kilometers he reached the end of the road and from there it was dense forest.

 

There is no road way.

 

Chandu has to make his way by foot or by monster raid.

 

He cannot use the bicycle here as the terrine is packed with trees and tall weed.

 

Other than the dense forest there are monster in the forest that can attack a normal person at any time.

 

Chandu took out the sword that he got from the scout leader and used the finder skill for every few steps with different questions for a distance of 8 kilometers when he finally reached the open grass planes………..

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 40 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

7