Chapter 20: skill books, chaos zones
109 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20: skill books, chaos zones

 

The undead seems to be normal as there is no change in them.

 

Chandu started to ask the question is there a life threat in any direction around me to the finder skill.

 

Chandu found that one direction there is a chance of death.

 

But that can be just ahead or it can be thousands of miles in that direction.

 

Chandu sighed and started to lead the team of scouts towards the direction of the library where many books are present.

 

All the digitalized information is now gone because of the strong electromagnetic waves.

 

Right now there are only books and they are the only source of knowledge.

 

As for how knowledge was stored in Agarat city and that Magadha country, Chandu don’t know about that for now

 

Chandu was going to get them some books that are usually studied from schooling to university.

 

Books mostly related to mechanical engineering and civil engineering that has practical use in this chaotic world.

 

On the way to library Chandu saw some undead that can move faster than the ones that he killed previously.

 

Chandu know that the scouting team is good at information collection and fleeing.

 

They are not good with combat.

 

That is the reason why a small wolf pack of 5 to 6 wolves was able to kill the scouting party within a few minutes.

 

So Chandu cannot trust these people to protect him.

 

It is not like they will flee leaving him behind.

 

Instead he feels that they are not strong enough to withstand the attack of many undead.

 

The members of the scouting party killed the undead with their swords and did not bother to collect the cores.

 

It is more like they think that there are no cores in them.

 

It is hard to ride the horse here so they were walking while the horses were following them along.

 

Library is nearly at the centre of the town but it did not take long.

 

On the way Chandu used an iron rod to pierce the heads of the undead killed by these people to collect the monster cores.

 

Well he did not collect them directly.

 

As long as there is a medium to pass his magic energy he can simply send them to the storage space.

 

Well it is not possible with air or psychic abilities but in the future Chandu might be able to do that.

 

As long as he thrust the sharp edge of the iron rod into the head of the undead where the monster core is present based on the finder and mapping skills.

 

With that Chandu was able to collect the monster cores.

 

They soon came to the library where the collapsed building and the mess of the scattered books from the iron racks came into visibility.

 

Chandu know that it would take a while to get all of them.

 

So he used the finder skill to quickly point out the locations where the books that he wanted for them are present.

 

At the same time Chandu looked around to see if any book among these books has turned into something called skill book.

 

While on the way Chandu chatted with the people of the scouting party and found that there are books called skill books that are formed because of the concentrated knowledge by a great mind and exposed to high amount of magic energy.

 

They are not monster drop items and when Chandu asked this they looked at Chandu strangely

 

After thinking something they finally spoke.

 

Some of the intelligent monsters that live in specific places have the habit of collecting these rare treasures and magical things.

 

After killing those monsters people can search the place they lived to get some unexpected bonuses.

 

Other than that there are two kinds of monster that are normal monsters like humans they can live evolve and fight like humans.

 

The prime examples for them are beast men, Orcs, cobalts………..

 

The other type is from the wild chaos zones that are formed in the forests, deserts and other places.

 

These monsters are called chaos monsters and these monsters can actually leave some things when killed.

 

It is like a few seconds after they were killed their body turned into dust leaving its parts, core and some other things rarely.

 

The details related to this are commonly know to all the people.

 

There is a controlled chaos zone in the city where people were sent to train inside…..

 

They looked at Chandu in confusion when he asked all of this and finally they understood that the place Chandu was in did not have any of these things to begin with.

 

They are happy to tell Chandu about many things, but Chandu understood that most of the things are related to commonsense of their earth.

 

They did not reveal any confidential or important information.

 

The team leader laughed it off saying that he will get to know from the higher officials after the mission

 

Chandu also laughed it off so that they would not notice anything out of order.

 

Chandu also frequently checked the mindsets of the team members around him to know their motives using the finder skill.

 

Chandu was disappointed to find that no book like that is formed here.

 

Well he cannot just ask for everything.

 

Along with the books he also brought the maps and other things helping the scouting team packing these things on the horse back.

 

It was already after noon by the time they got the things they wanted and they decide to have some food out of the town.

 

The town has the smells of undead and the smell of the rotting corpses.

 

They cannot bare it and eat the food there.

 

So they left the place and decided to return to the city first.

 

This is because Chandu insisted that there might be a monster beast attack if they stay there as his intuition was almost right.

 

When they are just about 5 kilometers away from the city they met with a wolf pack that has around 10 wolves…..

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 70 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

3