Chapter 21: trust and sincerity
105 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21: trust and sincerity

 

When they are just about 5 kilometers away from the city they met with a wolf pack that has around 10 wolves.

 

There are more wolves this time and the scout party will not be able to fight of these wolves with their strength.

 

So the best option is to flee as quickly as possible towards the city of Agarat.

 

Chandu wanted to let out some profane words to ease his stress but the situation did not even give that much of time.

 

The scout team leader first shot a flare into the sky using the flare gun that he has.

 

The previous scout team also has this flare gun but they did not shoot the flare for some reason that Chandu don’t know.

 

Right now that flare gun is in his storage.

 

After shooting the glare gun, the scout team leader immediately threw some beast repellent smoke bombs behind the group.

 

Then they went on a mad flee towards the city while shooting two more flares on the way.

 

Fortunately they were very close to the city and the second flare was noticed by the scout post of the city wall.

 

They immediately dispatched a team of monster hunters towards the direction of the scout team’s flare.

 

The scout team was almost surrounded by the wolves and some of the members of the scout team started to fight the wolves.

 

At that moment the monster hunting team arrived and the fight went on.

 

They did not gave Chandu any weapons so he can only threw rocks or branches of the trees to fight.

 

But Chandu don’t want to fight as these monster wolves are far stronger than he can fight.

 

For this reason he can only wait and find an opportunity to steal the monster cores.

 

He did not have anything to poke the monster wolves.

 

Chandu moved around slowly and sneakily using his hiding skill so that the people would not notice or remember what he is doing.

 

He made his way to the corpses of the monster wolves and used the finder skill with a question on how to steal the monster cores without anyone noticing him.

 

The idea given by the finder skill is the same as before when he poked the zombie corpses to get the monster cores using the iron rod.

 

But this time he is not using an iron rod instead he is going to use the wooden stick to poke the already existing hole or wound of the monster wolf corpse to get the monster core.

 

Well this way he cannot get the monster cores of all the wolves.

 

One of the scout team members died when fighting.

 

Chandu used that as the opportunity to scavenge the sword from the dead scout member for self defence.

 

Then he tried his best to defend the corpse of the dead scout member from the wolf that wanted to take a bite and escape.

 

Well this is not an instruction from the finder skill but Chandu’s own judgement.

 

He wanted to use this opportunity to get a solid foundation of trust.

 

He observed and deduced from the information that he got from the city of Agarat that these people values military moral.

 

The person that fights and dies in the battle is much valued than a person that serves the god in a temple.

 

So what Chandu did right now have high value and the scout team that first came to Chandu’s town and killed all those people are the worst.

 

Well all kinds of people are mixed in when the power to rule depends on the strength and military contributions.

 

All in all what Chandu did was a good thing that gains him trust and value.

 

The team finally killed the wolves and sat on the spot seems to be exhausted.

 

They don't want to stay there in the bloody smell that can attract other monster.

 

So they quickly packed up the available materials and an intact wolf corpse to take back to the city for some research.

 

The monster hunter team used a variety of attack patterns and weapons ranging from sword, gauntlets, and even guns....

 

The entire job was done very quickly and Chandu was the only extra who don't know what to do.

 

Chandu helped carry the dead scout team member which was appreciated by the other members.

 

Soon after that they made their way to the city.

 

There is an emergency meeting again in the outer hall near the city walls.

 

City lord and most of the officials were present.

 

The first thing they did was to pay respects to their dead man scout team member.

 

Then their attention was drawn to the bull sized monster wolf corpse.

 

They were shocked to find that even the monsters have evolved.

 

The problem has become bigger and the point here is what Chandu said is actually true and then they moved on to see the books that Chandu brought back.

 

These books contain the details related to science and research at the professor level starting from student level.

 

Chandu slowly explained the details of the books he brought.

 

Even though he is only a high school student, it is not difficult to explain about a few things from the basics.

 

The researchers here were able to understand the concept and the depth of the technology that the people from earth reached.

 

They confirmed that what Chandu said is true and the knowledge that Chandu brought back was at least 20 to 30 years advanced from their core technology.

 

This is especially true towards the weapons and communication.

 

At the same time they understood the problem with the construction of buildings that did not have magic circles and runes.

 

This made the buildings vulnerable to the heavy earthquakes causing the destruction of the buildings on Chandu’s earth.

 

They also concluded that the theory of their planets merging by Chandu was also true....

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 75 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

2