Chapter 25: Altar
95 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25: Altar

 

Chandu did not think much as he slept but still a little vigilant.

 

Even though he has seen the dark side of the world he was still an 18 year old person that did not see any monsters throughout his life.

 

Even now he was unable to believe that he was able to achieve something small related to his goals.

 

This was all, his gamble with his life.

 

If those king and his officials did not accept Chandu’s proposal and made these refugees and him as purchasable servants, then Chandu would have to think of a way to escape from this place.

 

But he was successful in this gamble and won the right to live for himself and to those other refugees.

 

For this he even has to brace himself in front of a pack of wolves that are as big as the bulls without running from that place.

 

The results were quite clear right now.

 

But he cannot lose his vigilance as there is always a dark side in everything.

 

Even though the things seems to be good on the outside that doesn’t mean there is no darkness and bad people.

 

Even if the country is military disciplined and there are people like the first scout team that came to Chandu’s town.

 

They have even killed the little children in order to not to leave any evidence or other thing.

 

The only thing in his mind right now is to become strong and it should be done quickly too.

 

Chandu learnt that absorbing the magic essence in the monster cores can level up a person and restore the used magic energy.

 

But they also have a corruption of monster energy that is harmful to the body.

 

This will cause hindrance to the future path of improvement and can cause many problems to the body, mind and soul.

 

So they recommended not using those monster cores for levelling up.

 

Even if they can use the monster core they have to eat the cleansing pill to remove the corrupt magic essence from the body which is quite expensive.

 

............

 

Chandu understood their point but he still thought that the magic energy should not be divided into good energy and corrupt energy.

 

“Are the monsters weak in the same level as an adventurer?”

 

The answer is no.

 

This means that the so called corrupt magic energy have much improvement that is either not discovered or these people don't want to take risk with their lives.

 

The demonic people are said to use this violent and corrupted magic energy.

 

.............

 

That night went by without any incident.

 

In the morning next day Chandu was called to the city lord’s study.

 

There the city lord explained a few things personally and then they made their way towards the third zone.

 

The refugees will be taking the chance to worship the god later.

 

Chandu has already gained the status so he will be escorted separately and receives the priority over others.

 

......

 

The altar was not big as it was of the size of a small hut.

 

It is an enclosed building made of some pitch black stone that can fit at most 3 men with a dome on the top of it.

 

Behind this small building is a cave that has metal doors fixed by the people.

 

It should be the chaos zone entrance.

 

Without the metal doors made by the people, it should look like a cave.

 

Chandu heard that many things can appear in the chaos zone where there can even be a castle or a mountain range inside it.

 

As for the altar, there seems to be nothing special about it.

 

Chandu was told to enter the altar.

 

He did not think much as he entered the altar.

 

When he passed through the entrance he suddenly felt that the pitch black surroundings change.

 

The exit vanished and in front of him were stairs.

 

He felt a message appeared in his mind.

 

“Climb the stairs to worship a god.”

 

Chandu did not think that there is any special meaning to it.

 

He stepped on the stairs and started to climb.

 

Just after 10 steps he saw a passage to the left with strange lights and strong aura coming out of it.

 

Chandu stopped for a moment and did not make any move.

 

Instead he stood there and asked the finder skill to tell him how he can get the best possible opportunity here.

 

Or at least show him the direction.

 

For the first question Chandu did not get any reply as the skill was not high levelled enough to answer his question.

 

Then the second question got the answer that is for him to climb up.

 

Chandu understood a little and started to climb ignoring the passage way with great aura and lights.

 

On the way the same thing like passage ways with various auras appeared on either side of the stairs.

 

Every time Chandu stopped for a moment to ask the finder skill about the direction.

 

It seems like it was endless as he moved and moved.

 

He doesn’t know how long he has climbed up the stairs.

 

He was unable to access his storage space to take out the food and water to replenish his spent energy.

 

The more he climbed the stronger he felt the pressure acting on him.

 

At first he did not feel any pressure, only after he reached his hundredth step that he felt the pressure acting on him.

 

Now he can hardly move as the pressure is like a mountain on his body and the physical and mental exhaustion were even greater.

 

When he reached the thousandth step Chandu stopped because of his exhausted condition.

 

At that moment he sat on the spot and his thoughts wondered.

 

He doesn’t want to enter the rooms that appeared beside him as he knows that the higher he climbed the higher the chance of joining a higher god clan.

 

This is what he understood during the process of climbing these 1000 steps.........

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 90 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

2