Chapter 1
322 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sakura Town, Kita City, Tokyo Japan

2079, September 21st

A person can be seen walking down a sidewalk. Shiro had just bought the hottest game in the world right now, Exceed. It is his birthday today, so he has bought it as a present for himself. It is a virtual reality massively-multiplayer online game. Shiro has never played this type of game before, he wanted to try something new for his 18th birthday. He is eager to go home and play it.

Exceed was released a month ago along with the release of Virtual Reality Capsules. The technology of the current world is quite advanced.

It is all done with the help of Clarity, an AI supercomputer. The AI supercomputer and the virtual reality capsules were developed by the S.A Group (Super Awesome Group).

Clarity is the one who developed the virtual reality massively-multiplayer online game, Exceed. Clarity designed everything in the game world, from the landscape to every quest. She also regulates the world of Exceed.

But what set this game apart from other games is the endless possibilities. The whole world is free for players to do anything with. If the player wants to be a magician, they can be a magician. An adventurer, then they can be an adventurer. If they want to spend a calm life away from busy life, they can do just that. In addition, every NPC has their own personality. Each animal in this world has its characteristic. There are endless quests. An ever-changing world. A vast continent to explore. The possibilities are endless. That is why it is named Exceed, it is so that people can exceed their limitations and explore the endless possibilities of the Exceed world.

As Shiro is happily walking down the sidewalk, he spots something in the peripheral of his eye. It is a small girl, around the age of 8. She is walking onto the road, to pick up something. This in itself wouldn't be anything special, but Shiro can see that there is a truck(an: Truck-kun?) driving down the road very fast. If it doesn't stop, it will hit the little girl. And to make matters worse, the truck driver is looking away from the road. He will hit the little girl at this rate.

Shiro quickly rushes to the road. He quickly runs toward the little girl. He picks up the little girl and jumps. The truck just so happens driveby. It was very close. If Shiro had been a few seconds late, the girl would be dead.

Shiro slowly stands up. It seems he scraped his arm. There is blood. It hurts a lot, but Shiro is much more concerned about the little girl. He forgets the pain and looks towards the girl.

"Hey, little girl. Are you okay?"

She didn't respond. It looks like she fainted from fright. Shiro quickly calls an ambulance. He was scared that maybe she got hit on her head. The ambulance quickly came. Shiro quickly went to get his game from across the street. It was required that he go to the hospital to report what had happened and get his arm cleaned.

By the time they arrived at the hospital, the little girl had woken up as well. Though they were quickly separated. Shiro waved his hand to bid his farewell. He reported the incident, got his arm attended to, and left the hospital.

He soon got home. It was an apartment with 3 rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a lounge area. It was quite big for one person. Shiro's study is very good as he studies hard. His parents own a company, they make a lot of money and they don't like to spend much. So they have money to spare, and they want him to study hard and not worry about other stuff, so they pay the rent and other bills for Shiro.

Shiro went into his room, there was his bed, computer desk, and other stuff. But the most important thing was the capsule in the corner of the room. This was the cheapest virtual reality capsule on the market. Shiro had used 3 months worth of his part-time job salary to buy the cheapest virtual reality capsule.

He can't wait to input the Exceed game code into the capsule so that he can play. But first, he went to take a bath. After that, he had something to eat.

Finally. He input the game code into the capsule console.

He sat in the capsule. At last. He was so excited.

[Logging into your account]

[Start game -Exceed-]

[Yes/No]

"Yes," finally, it's here. Shiro felt his mind sink and he came to be in another place.

It was dark all around him. This was the character creation room. At this time, he heard a voice echo out

[Please choose your race]

A screen popped up in front of him. There were many starting races listed on the screen. From dwarfs and hobbits to elves and dragonborns. These were the starting races. They could be evolved or changed in the game by completing special quests. All starting races could be evolved to High races. For example, high dwarf, high elf, etc. They could be evolved even further. But that information is not confirmed yet, as the game has only been released for one month at the time.

Shiro chose human as his starting race. Humans had the most potential of all the races, but they did not get any starting benefits. Other races had some benefits when starting the game, for example, elves had better archery, dragonborn had extra strength, etc. Though they had a harder time leveling up. Shiro did not care about those benefits. He believes that he can match them if he trains hard enough.

[You have selected Human]

[Confirm]

[Y/N]

"Yes, I choose human"

[You have chosen Human]

[Customize your avatar]

The appearance of your avatar is almost the same as your normal face. It can only be tweaked slightly. After tweaking his avatar to look a little bit better, another screen popped up in front of him.

[Please enter your username]

Shiro set his name.

[Please confirm]

After confirming his name, another screen popped up. This time it was his stats screen.

[Shiro] Level 1

Attack: 5

Defense: 5

Agility: 5

Endurance: 5

Intelligence: 5

Charisma: 5

Luck:5

Spendable points:30

Exp: 0 (100 exp required to level up)

This was the standard character stats. He had 30 points that he could put in any stat, except luck. Luck can only be raised by completing quests. Shiro equally put the points into each stat.

[Shiro] Level 1

Attack: 10

Defense: 10

Agility: 10

Endurance: 10

Intelligence: 10

Charisma: 10

Luck: 5

Spendable points: 0

Exp: 0 (100 exp required to level up)

After checking his stats again. The system voice sounded out again.

[Please choose your starting location]

Another screen popped up in front of him. There were many Kingdoms to choose from. There was Divine Sun Kingdom, Sahara Kingdom, Northern Snow Kingdom, Lotus Empire, etc. Shiro was looking through his options when he noticed another option at the bottom of the screen. It was the option of random. He looked at the option for a few seconds and another screen popped up.

Random- choose a random place to start at. By choosing this option, you might have the fortune to spawn at a special town location or the misfortune to spawn in the middle of a dragon's resting place. It is up to fate as to where you spawn. If you die at the spawn location, you will be randomly teleported to a starting town in any kingdom.

Shiro thought about it and chose this option. He had nothing to lose. When you die in Exceed, your level drops a little. But as he is level 1, he doesn't need to care about his level dropping. And Shiro wants to have some fun. Choosing this option might be fun.

[Selecting random location]

***

A bright light flashed onto Shiro. He closed his eyes because of the brightness. When he opened his eyes again, he found that he was flying through the sky. He was surrounded by a white light. He was also shocked to find that he was quickly approaching the ground. He knew that he won't get hurt by this, nevertheless, it was still scary to approach the ground at a fast speed.

Before hitting the ground, he slowed down. He was relieved. Then the light around him disappeared. He calmed down a bit and looked around.

The location he was standing at, the ground was dry and had cracks all over it. The dry land was in the shape of a circle. Surrounding this dry land is a forest. Around the middle of this dry land, something was coming out of the ground.

"Wow."

Shiro admired the landscape. He liked the uniqueness of this place. Dry land surrounded by a lush green forest. It was rather strange. It made him want to explore this world even more. There are so many strange and unique places to discover in this world. He couldn't wait to see the world.

Shiro walked over to the strange thing sticking out of the ground. It was a well. Shiro looked into the well. It was almost empty. Then he searched around the well. There was a book leaning against the side of the well. He picked it up.

[Class change book aquired]

[You currently do not have a class]

[You have attained the class「Well Owner」]

4