Kanto: Chapter 31
428 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father imprisoned all the Progenitors other than the Crimson Queen. All our descendants lost their True Forms, and even the descendants of the Crimson Queen were not spared." He sadly spoke. "Father informed us that he was going to create a new race on this planet and that the future of our descendants will be dependent on that race. He told us that only a select few of our descendants, far in the future, will once again achieve their True Forms through forming an unbreakable bond with the new race. And when a special number of descendants of each Progenitor achieve their True Forms, their Progenitor will gain complete freedom." 

Dragonite looked at the three of them and sighed. 

"Humans were created, Kings were blessed with Powers that others of their race did not possess. We Progenitors watched you for hundreds of  thousands of years in hope, but all our hopes were crushed." His voice deepened. "You Humans even put the instigators of the War of Titans to shame when it came to Greed and Envy. You brought Chaos to the world once again. You waged wars and spilled blood wherever you went. You hunted Pokemon for sport and nearly pushed several races to extinction. You abandoned your Kings and even murdered them and conspired against them to steal their Powers. Your Lust to rule over the World was sickening to watch for all of us. And perhaps that is our Punishment." He words held disdain but it was not directed at the three of them. 

Aizen, Bill, and Anira had nothing to say in reply. They were the ones with Powers and they understood what the human nature was truly like. 

"But we also saw that there were always the bunch of you that remained true to their promises and never put anything above your family. And they are the reason why some of us still believe that we would one day gain our freedom." He sighed. "I guess Life always finds a balance to achieve its goal. So, the ones you call Mega Pokemon are just normal Pokemon who have managed to gain their True Form after creating a bond with their Trainers. But one must know that the key is not just in Understanding and Trust. The key is something special. Pokemon would never be able to achieve their True Form permanently if they don't form that special bond with their Trainer." 

The three of them smiled brightly at those words. They knew what Dragonite was talking about. And indeed, forming that special bond took more than just a simple understanding and trust.

"What else do you want to know?" Dragonite chuckled and asked. It was as if he already knew what the next question would be. 

"Can you tell me about King's Gene and Shiny Pokemon?" Bill hopefully asked. 

"Aren't you the curious one." Dragonite amusedly said. He had read through his memories and knew what bothered him the most. "Well, there is no such thing as King's Gene. The Pokemon you are referring to were once called the Alpha Pokemon. Us Progenitors can not sire children of our blood, but most of us did take mates and any children that we had with our mates, completely took after them. However, these children happened to be twice the size of the Mew's creations. Pokemon started addressing them as Alphas, and their legacy has a very miniscule chance of being born as an Alpha. Alpha Pokemon are not necessarily stronger than others of their kind, they are just bigger in size." Dragonite explained to him. "Shiny Pokemon, on the other hand, happen to be more Powerful than others of their kind. They are blessed by Fate itself. And their birth is special and entirely dependent on Fate." 

Bill perked up his ears when he heard that and impatiently waited to hear about the secret behind the birth of Shiny Pokemon. 

"When Mew happens to come across an Egg that is about to hatch within a few hours, she can choose to bless it. The blessing would only take effect if Mew's presence there was a total coincidence. And if it takes place, the Pokemon born from that Egg will have a different color scheme, and they will find it easier to learn things as well." He informed them. "You can guess how rare they would be. They are rarer than Alpha Pokemon."

"Wow..." 

Bill took in a deep breath and smiled brightly. He now knew the answer to the question that was looming on his mind for so long. Even if he could not reveal it to the Public, he was content that he found the answer for himself. 

"Your existence means that Dragonite are capable of achieving their True Form! Can you tell me where I can find the Mega Stone for Dragonite?" She hopefully asked with her puppy eyes. 

"I can not tell you where the Mega Stones are." 

"Hmph..." As soon as she heard that, she pouted and turned her face away from Dragonite before crossing her arms on her chest. "Guess you don't want your freedom." 

Bill was sweating when he heard her words, but he nearly fell on his ass when all of a sudden Dragonite started laughing. 

Aizen shook his head at his sister's antics. She always behaved like a princess, and even in the presence of a Dragon King, she did not consider herself anything less than its equal. He knew that she was trying to gain something from the Dragon King, and he didn't stop her. 

"I can not tell you about those stones because it is something I am forbidden from telling anyone. And yes, as long as a Progenitor exists, their race can achieve their True Forms. But with most Progenitors perished, not all of them will be able to achieve it. There are also the Mew's Creations that never had any Progenitors." He smiled at her. "If you want the Dragonite in your family to have their True Form, you must find the Mega Stone yourself." The Dragon King fondly looked at the little girl. He could see what she was trying to achieve, and he liked her character. "But there is something I can tell you." He slyly said. 

"Yay!" Anira clapped her hands and hopefully looked at Dragonite. "Tell me." 

The Dragon King looked at the two siblings thoughtfully before nodding. Its eyes flashed briefly and a vision presented itself in the minds of both Aizen and Anira. 

As soon as the two of them saw the vision, bright smiles bloomed on their faces. 

"Thank you!" Anira gratefully said. 

However, their joy was short-lived. Chains that were made of light sprouted front he Vortex in the Sea and bound the Dragonite. 

The Dragon King's face winced in pain, and it lowered its head and folded its wings as it was dragged to the depths of the sea. 

The sight was a King's shame, and the three of them respectfully lowered their eyes as the Dragon King was dragged back to his prison. 

[Take care of them...]

The siblings heard his voice in their mind before the Vortex closed. The sky calmed down, the clouds stopped rumbling. The winds settled, and the first droplets of rain fell.

The three of them clenched their fists and took deep breaths. 

"We know things that others might never know..." Bill muttered and sadly smiled at Aizen. 

"It is better if no one knows the truth." He comfortingly looked at his friend. "You and I both know what the people would start doing if they learn that as long as Mew exists, no race can go extinct." 

Bill realized what he was hinting at, and he resolutely nodded his head. 

"They don't deserve the truth." 

"We should find cover, the rain is gaining momentum." Anira reminded the two of them. And her reminder eased their hearts. 

"Dexter." Aizen called out and his beloved Metagross appeared before him. "Take Misty and Leaf to the beach house. And come back to me." 

"Meta..." 

The Psychic pokemon vanished from the place, taking Misty and Leaf with it, and returned a few seconds later. 

"So you already knew about everything Dragonite told us..." Bill asked as they started walking towards the Lighthouse. 

"The Vow of Silence." Aizen replied with a smile. 

Bill nodded in understanding why Aizen did not inform him beforehand. And he understood the hidden meaning that Aizen did not want to talk about it. 

"Let's get some coffee." He smiled brightly as they arrived at the base of the Lighthouse.

"Dexter, please take us inside." 

"Meta." 

As soon as they arrived at Bill's compound. The Auburn haired man dropped on his knees and covered his face in his hands. 

"What happened?" Aizen curiously asked as he sensed that Bill's Psychic Focus was calm. 

"I forgot to ask him about the other Dragon Kings!" He pitifully said. 

"They are Dragons, Bill. And they are not exactly on friendly terms with each other. I doubt he would have entertained your question about his fellow Dragon Kings." Aizen chuckled at the antics of his friend. "Now get up and make us some coffee." 

The siblings returned from the Lighthouse an hour before dawn. And the sight that greeted them on the porch of the beach house melted their hearts. 

Lapras was there on the porch, nestled against Growlithe and Eevee. The progress Rinko had made with Lapras was astounding, and they made sure to reward the little lazy fox in future. 

Anira dragged Aizen by the hand to his room and jumped on his bed as soon as she entered. 

"I am sleeping with you tonight!" She announced before yawning and coiling up in a fetal position. 

Aizen chuckled at her and took his time in changing clothes before joining her on the bed and spooning her. He felt content with her in his arms, and drifted off to the land of dreams with a fond smile.

21