Chapter 2
5.7k 4 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night I heard that Myuki will start teaching in two days. Heh great, it’s great to have a rich and powerful family.

 

Of course I wasn’t slacking off in the meantime. I kept practicing my sword and magic but since Takeru never took his lessons seriously I never made any progress.

 

The on the day of the training I first met Myuki. She was a 170 cm  tall voluptuous woman with black hair and black eyes with a very beautiful face. For reference I was 175 cm tall at 15 years. A face that makes you fall in love at first sight.

 

She was in her 20’s and single and she was part of Tachibana family which was one of the 5 Great families.

 

She had a cold look on her face when she met me. In the anime she wasn’t this cold to anyone. Guess my reputation precedes me huh?

 

“Hello I am Tachibana Myuki and I will be teaching you for the coming month. Let me be clear from the start that I do not teach people who has no interest in learning or those who don’t work hard or those who can’t keep up”, she introduced herself in a cold voice.

 

Straight to the point huh? She doesn’t hide her displeasure but anyways it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I should work hard so that she is not disappointed so that she continues teaching and I learn.

 

“Hello I am Minori Takeru, nice to meet you. I will do my best to keep up to your standards”, I said.

 

And so our training began. In the beginning it was endurance training with running and doing push ups which keeping body enhancement  spells on.

 

According to her this helps  to raise stamina as well as helps in magic control.

 

Well doing these did take a huge toll at my magic power and initially I had to take breaks but eventually I could maintain it for longer. My stamina greatly improved too.

 

I also did sword training. I used a long sword instead of a katana. It was made by my family and it was very beautifully crafted and durable. In the academy you are allowed to bring your personal weapons so this will stay my weapon.

 

Myuki helped me correct my posture, helped improve my swings and taught me more about swordsmanship in general. Her own weapon is a katana after all so she knows about swords.

 

After practicing I could do more swings a day than before. Now I did about a 1000 swings a day and it’s only going to increase.

 

My swordsmanship improved as a result.

 

I also practiced magic casting and magic control. Myuki taught using practical knowledge and did not rely on theory, as a result I learned quite quickly.

 

Now in theory everyone can use all the elements that is light, dark, lightning, fire, water, wind and wood or nature.

 

But most people concentrate on one element and some talented people use two. Only the people of the 5 Great families or extremely talented people used 3 elements. That was because it was extremely difficult to use magic of more than one type as it required a lot of work.

 

Initially Takeru only tried using fire magic and didn’t use anything else.

 

But I tried fire, wind and water. It was difficult at first but I managed to do it well thanks to Myuki’s advice.

 

Fire was good for offence, wind helped in offence with totally destroying the target and also helped and water helped in defense.

 

I learned to use fire and wind slashes with my sword. Also learned to use water barrier a necessary skill for defense.

 

I also used spells like fireballs and storm spells.

 

I was also able to learn magic control very well.

 

At the end of the month after the training was completed before leaving Myuki said, “You have improved. Well done if you keep this up you will have a bright future” and smiled for the first. We shook hands.

 

Hooray not only I managed to convince her to teach me for the whole she even complemented me, I must have impressed her which meant that my training was a success.

 

I then checked my status using the equipment in my house. My house had that as we trained and deployed magic Knights for a living so we need that kind of stuff and my academy ID card could only be updated at the academy so I wouldn’t know my current stats.

 

My current stats were:

 

Magic: A, Weapon Proficiency: Swordsmanship B, Stamina: A, Magic Control: S, Overall: A.

 

“That’s a great improvement”, I exclaimed in joy.

 

Yes I have improved my swordsmanship is B now which is more than great as I moved one level in one month, it’s something that needs time to improve so the improvement is significant.

 

My stamina has greatly improved too it became A rank which meant that I had the stamina befitting an A rank finally so I can last as long as I am expected as an A rank. It improved a lot. I finally won’t look like a loser in front of people.

 

Magic control is the one most improved to S rank. Which is kind of expected I guess due to all that body enhancement and magic training. This is extremely important as it means I won’t waste energy anymore when I cast spells. And my magic can last longer in a fight.

 

Anyway once your Magic rank increases it(magic control) drops in rank and you have re train again as the amount of magic you have increases. Like it will drop in rank when I reach S rank in magic but intermediate stages are not affected like when my magic is A+ rank it will still be S rank.

 

How much it drops depends on the level of control the user has in the previous stage. In my case I think it will at most drop to C rank when my magic reaches S.

 

Now speaking of magic my magic rank is still A which isn’t surprising as it takes time to level up.

 

Now the story of the anime starts 3 months after the school starts so I have plenty of time to improve my swordsmanship so as not to fall behind anyone. My magic level is ok.

 

Now I don’t intent to bully the protagonist but there may be other challengers so it’s best to stay prepared.

 

The next day I say good bye to my father and head for the academy dormitory.

 

The school starts the day after.

 

I am in Class 1A which includes B,  A and S rank students as it’s very rare to have S rank students. In fact in my first year there are no S rank . We only have two A class one of which is me and the other is a heroine of the anime.

 

The other classes are Class 1B for rank C where the protagonist is and Class 1C for rank D.

 

Now being one of the two  rank A  I got a separate building in the dormitory complete with a training room. The rooms were very spacious with bathrooms and kitchen.

 

This was privilege only A class and above people can get. I was truly grateful for that.

 

I moved into the dormitory and looked forward to tomorrow’s entrance ceremony, it will be a first experience as it wasn’t shown in the anime.

 

 

Tachibana Myuki POV

 

When I first got the request to teach the infamous kid of the Minori family I didn’t want to go as I heard of his bad reputation.

 

He is a spoiled brat who doesn’t work and doesn’t pay attention to studies.

 

But it was the request of the head of the Monori family and the pay was good so I decided to give it a try, if it’s bad I will stop teaching.

 

My first impression of him wasn’t bad as he was respectful and humble. But I wasn’t convinced as this could be an act.

 

But as I continued teaching him , he surprised me quite a bit.

 

It looked like the rumors were false as he was a hard worker and a diligent learning.

 

More importantly his learning speed was very fast, faster than anyone I had taught before. He surpassed all expectations I had in general of my students.

 

If he can continue like this he will be very strong in the future , he can at the very least become a SS class if not stronger. He can become someone important for the country.

 

But if he can learn this fast then why was his condition that pathetic before? Maybe the rumors weren’t fully false? Maybe he decided to turn over a new leaf?

 

Anyway it doesn’t matter, his future seems very bright. I can’t help but look forward to it.

137