Chapter 4
4.5k 8 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The homeroom teacher after everyone settled down introduced himself, “Hello Everyone I am Hayashi Touya. I am your homeroom teacher…”. He then continued to explain other things.

 

He had spiky green hair and green eyes, he also had glasses and he wore blue jeans and black  T-shirt with a white coat. He was quite tall at about 180 cm.

 

It seems today after this we will be having tour of the school after which we can go home. Joint practice classes with other class will happen from next. First class 1C then obviously class 1B the following month i.e. the start of the anime.

 

We got the schedules for the classes on the app on our smartphones.

 

“….Ok then everyone time to introduce yourselves”, finished Touya-sensei.

 

One by one the students introduced themselves. “I am Hasegawa Hitomi…”, one student introduced herself and others followed.

 

The introductions started from the first seat in the rightmost row and since I was in the last seat of the leftmost row my introduction would be the last.

 

When it was Megumi’s turn she stood up and said, “Hello everyone my name is Sato Megumi, as you know I am from the five great families. I intend to do to my best and the be the best  I can be. I would also like be friends with my classmates and hope we can get along in these 3 years together”.

 

Yeah right, you’ll still avoid me, not like I care.

 

After a few more students it was finally my turn I said, “Hello I am Minori Takeru. I just want a peaceful and quiet student life” and sat down.

 

“That’s it?”, asked Touya-sensei. I nodded.

 

The other students looked like that they didn’t believe me but who cares?

 

Then the bell rung  and Touya-sensei said, “Ahem anyway that’s the end of the introduction, it’s time for the tour of the school”.

 

So we went around the school seeing different facilities like the cafeteria , the training/practice room etc.

 

In the training/practice room we met the magic teacher Inou Himari, she was a petite woman (160 com tall) with short purple hair and golden eyes and she looked quite beautiful and had a nice figure. She wore a black jeans and red collared top.

 

We also met the teachers of weapons training/martial arts, there were several each specializing in one or two weapons.

 

The only one relevant to me is Takeda Jiro, he is a muscular man with blond hair, green eyes and he wore military trousers and beige t shirt and is tall at about 184 cm. He is the swordsmanship instructor.

 

After the tour we went back to our dormitories for the day as school was over.

 

I didn’t slack off though, I practiced combat training before resting. My training in the last month greatly helped me improve my stamina so I didn’t feel as tired as I normally would have from the school and training. I also gained some muscles, earlier I lacked muscles due to lack of training and I was on the thicker side.

 

Though I think my training today didn’t do much to improve my power. As I suspected I need a teacher to help me improve, tomorrow I will ask Himari-sensei and Jiro-sensei if they can help me train after school.

 

The next day went as yesterday. We had classes today but everyone still kept their distance for me which I was honestly ok about.

 

I also heard that they have a practice training evaluation every month to see who is the best in the class. If I can top my class and stay that way till the end, I will come out of this school with a good resume so no one can doubt my achievement in my father’s company.

 

But since I have neglected training for all these years I need to work harder than anyone else.

 

We had the training class today after lunch, it was divided into 3 parts and it will be like this. First was magic class, then weapons training and finally practice combat with robots.

 

Since today was the first day the final part of the class was just a demonstrations by the teachers, they were spectacular as expected of S Class.  They didn’t even break a sweat.

 

After class as everyone was leaving I decided to stay back and then talked to Himari-sensei and Jiro-sensei.

 

Himari-sensei said, “Of course I’ll help you. It’s good to see young talents working hard. I will help you the best I can”.

 

Jiro-sense said, “You can count on me. I will beat you into the perfect shape so when do when start?”.

 

I was grateful that they both agreed but I was a little scared at Jiro-sensei’s response but I said, “How about from today?”.

 

They both agreed.

 

So after school I went to the training room instead of the dormitory, no one was there.

 

After a few minutes Himari-sensei entered and she said, “Ara already present? Excited for the training? Good that’s a great attitude to have”.

 

“T-Thank you”, I said.

 

Then Jiro-sensei came and saw me and said, “Oh you are here, great, let’s start”.

 

First they told me to have a mock fight against the robot dummies to gauge my level.

 

I fought and it took me about 10 minutes to finish the fight but I also got injured a bit. The fight was a bit straightforward, the robots charge at you with swords, spears and other weapons, you defeat them while dodging to avoid the attacks and dealing damage to them.

 

I was given magic healing at the first aid center first then it was the time for advice.

 

Himari-sense sensei said, “Your magic control is good but you lack power and combat experience so I will give you instructions on that.

 

Jiro-sensei said, “You sword skills need work, first I need to help you improve your techniques”.

 

So I started learning under them everyday, yes even during the weekends where there is no class.  Of course on weekends it’s in the morning.

 

I am improving pretty nicely, my swordsmanship is getting better so are my attack strategies. Learning from people with practical experience helps a lot.

 

Time passed as we got near the end of the month.

 

Then the day came for the class combat performance ranking. Himari-sensei and Jiro-sensei were both very supportive of me and told me not to worry and do my best.

 

I just waited quietly for my turn. Everyone was chatting with their friends and talking about how nervous they were. Megumi was chatting with a lot of people. As expected she is popular.

 

My turn was last so I watched everyone perform before me and I was trying to gauge their levels.

 

 Megumi performed spectacularly in her turn and finished the combat practice in 3 minutes without any injuries. All the students and even the teachers complimented her. Her weapon of choice was the naginata, it was obviously given to her by her family seeing the great craftmanship.

 

Then it was finally my turn. Everyone who were cheering for their classmates became quiet.

 

The fight started as practiced with Himari- sensei and Jiro-sensei, I used my magic to create a fire vortex around me and added wind magic to my sword. And combined with my improved swordsmanship I was able to finish many robots in one stroke and I finished the training in 1 minute without getting injured. Guess my training paid off. While my other stats didn’t increase I think my swordsmanship might be B+ or even A now but I have no way to measure currently.

 

Everyone was silent on my display. A lot of terrified by the looks  on their face, well  I used to be a bully so seeing me this strong can make them more afraid but I didn’t care.

 

Himari-sensei and Jiro-sense congratulated me and so did the other teachers. I was officially the top of the class. Then the teachers started clapping, seeing that the students did it too although half-heartedly.

 

But I don’t care , I achieved what  I wanted and I am happy about that.

 

Himari-sensei personally told me, “That was great, it shows you have improved, continue this and you will achieve great heights in the future”.

 

 Jiro-sensei also personally told me, “Great job there kid. But you still need training so don’t slack off ok?”.

 

I said, “Thank you” , to both of them, after all I wouldn’t have reached this place without them.

 

After that I returned to my quiet loner life though I still continued training under Himari-sensei and Jiro-sensei.

123