Chapter 6
4.3k 6 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minori Takeru POV:

 

Then I suddenly heard a knock at the door.

 

Sakura said, “Come in”.

 

Four people came in. Two girls and two guys. They all looked like senior students so I guess they are from the school knight’s team that will accompany us in the mission.

 

One of the guys spoke after entering, “President, Vice-President we have come to participate in the mission as ordered”, he had green spiky hair and yellow eyes.

 

The other guy had brown hair and brown eyes. Both the guys were slightly taller than me and the girls were shorter than one.

 

One girl had short blue hair and grey eyes, the other girl had long black hair and golden eyes.

 

Sakura looked at them and smiled and said, “Well done”, then she looked at Ayaka and said, “Ayaka if you will”.

 

Ayaka nodded and then positioned herself in front of us and said, “As you know this is an emergency mission which we have to take care immediately. You guys has been chosen for this mission due to skills, do not disappoint us”, she looked at me while saying the last bit.

 

“Yes Vice-President”, all 5 of us said together. Man can’t she be a bit nicer to me? Whatever my past is, I have not broken any rules currently, even my classmates have better attitude towards me. I am starting to hate her.

 

Ayaka continued, “Since there are 3 monsters we will divide into 3 teams, I will be by myself, you two will be in one team and the rest will be in another”.

 

I ended up teaming with the green haired guy and the blue haired girl. Ayaka was alone cause was an S rank so she could easily handle A rank enemies by herself.

 

Nobody objected to the order and everyone said, “OK”.

 

Sakura asked me, “Takeru-kun do you have a good weapon ? Or do you need to borrow one from school?”.

 

My personal weapon was good enough so I said, “No need President, my personal weapon s good enough”. To which Sakura nodded.

 

Speaking of which the protagonist’s weapon was substandard so when he first worked with the Student Council in the mission which got him recognized he got a weapon from the school. The school weapons are as good as the one given by my family. The protagonist uses a katana by the way.

 

One thing I like about this world is that there are no cheat items. The reason the protagonist was able to become strong was because of two things:

 

  • His inherent growth rate
  • Support from the heroines.

 

The second one is more important. Due to being in contact with 3 members of the 5 great families, he got to use their facilities to train. The facility which especially helped is the Magic meditation room of the Watanabe family, which he had access due to having close contact with Sakura. That room is a special room made by a certain combination of magic stones obtained from monsters, it’s a secret training technique of the Watanabe family. It’s said that mediating there will help to increase your magic considerably faster than normal, of course it also depends on your latent ability. Anyway this room not only helped the protagonist but Sakura as well, that room is the main reason that she is SS rank room. AS magic is the most important ability of a Magic knight, that room as a great significance.

 

Anyway all 6 of us including Ayaka went to the roof the school building. There was a helicopter waiting for us, we boarded it and it flew up and started to being us to our destination. It was a big military helicopter, enough to hose 16 people so it was quite spacious.

 

The other two members of my team took this time to introduce themselves.

 

First the guys spoke and extended his hand, “Hello my name is Ono Takeshi, I am the leader nice to meet you”.

 

I took his hand and shook it and replied with a smile, “Likewise. My name is Minori Takeru by the way”. I am sure they know but it’s polite to say it anyway.

 

“I am Sakai Aoi”, said the girl. I shook her hand too.

 

Then Takeshi said, “So what is your specialty? Are you a close combat type or are you a support type? You see I need to know because I need to make the battle plan”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes I understand. I am good at both.”.

 

Then Takeshi smiled and said, “That’s great, then you can join me in close combat, Aoi is of the support type”.

 

“Ok”, I said and smiled and nodded. It’s good that these people are professional and are not letting my reputation get in the way of us communicating. But I guess it has to be that way otherwise  there will be causalities.

 

The helicopter made it’s way to the center of the city. There I could see lots of destruction going on in three separate places.

 

The three A rank monsters were Ogres. They were huge, each about 8 feet tall, with fangs coming out of their mouth and they had two horns coming of their forehead and had red eyes and pointed ears. Their skin was green and they were wearing silver battle armor and had huge metal clubs with pointed spikes coming out of their ends. Shit I’d die if I get hit by that. They were bald as well.

 

The people in the area have been evacuated and the area is blocked for the public by the police. There are magical barriers in place. The police have blue uniforms.

 

“Ok all let’s get down here, each team takes one understood?”, said Ayaka.

 

“Yes Vice-President”, we all said in unison.

 

We all alighted the helicopter in a spot that was a bit far way from the destruction so that we could alight safely.

 

Then we nodded at each other and each team went in the direction of one of the Ogres.

 

Ours went to the one in the left.

 

First we observed it’s movements then Takeshi said, “Ok I and Takeru will attack it front the front while Aoi will provide cover and distract it”.

 

“Ok”, I said. “Got it”, said Aoi. Now for their weapons Takeshi was a spear wielder and Aoi being a support type used a staff with an embedded magic stone to amplify magic. The magic stone was visible and it’s color was red and the staff had a pointed top and below it the spot for the stone where it was embedded.

 

So I and Takeshi rushed towards the Ogre, while Aoi fired fireballs at it which kept it distracted enough to not be able to defend against our attacks in time.

 

“ROARRRRR!”, the Ogre roared, it was a sort of battle cry.

 

Takeshi stabbed it’s shoulder while I slashed it and caused a big wound in it’s chest.

 

“URGGG!”, groaned the Ogre in pain.

 

Then it suddenly created a magic circle and fired a big fire vortex at us.

 

Both of us were taken aback by it. We couldn’t dodge it in time. So as a last resort I created a water barrier and it as enough to give us time to escape.

 

Takeshi then looked at me and said, “Good job”. “Thank you”, I said with a smile. But we didn’t take our eyes off the enemy cause it could mean our death.

 

Takeshi then suddenly said over the communicator, “Aoi let’s distract the Ogre while Takeru kills it”.  “Ok”, said Aoi. “What?”, I said looking at Takeshi but he nodded towards me as if he believes in me and rushed in. Aoi was also using lightning strikes to distract it.

 

The communicator was sort of a device used to communicate with the team when they are in battle. No matter where the other members are you message goes through to them, this helps in battle strategies and battle formations. It looks sort of like a Bluetooth headphone.

 

Anyway I had no choice but to follow with the plan. I had only chance of hitting it, otherwise my skull might get bashed.

 

So I rushed in all my speed. I seeped my wind magic in my sword’s blade creating a wind vortex with powerful wind blades and I used the opportunity given to me by jumping on top of the Ogre and unleashing the sword coated with wing vortex on the neck of the Ogre and…

 

SLASH!

 

With one swipe the neck of the Ogre was cut and the head fell off and blue blood splattered everywhere and at the end the body collapsed as well.

 

“Whew! That was close”, I said, relieved that the strike was a success.

 

“Good Job”, said Takeshi with a smile coming to me. “Yes, good job”, said Aoi over the communicator, I looked up and saw her smiling from a distance.

 

I smiled and said, “Thanks guys”.

 

We then made our way to the place where the helicopter landed as it was the meet up point.

 

There we saw Ayaka was already there.

 

“Finished?”, she asked. “Yes”, said Takeshi.

 

Ayaka nodded and looked in the direction of the 3rd team. They came back a little later and yes they weren’t hurt as well and the mission was completed.

 

We then made another painfully silent ride back to the academy inside the helicopter.

 

After returning Ayaka said, “Team leaders stay and give me a report of the battle and the rest can go back to their dormitory”.

 

“Ok Vice-President”, we all said.

 

Then I bid my team members good bye and went back to my dormitory. It was already evening and school was over.

 

I was given the materials for today’s classes in the phone app, so even if I missed I could still go through it.

 

I went to my room and changed and after resting for sometime went out for dinner. Since I didn’t have lunch my dinner was heavy.

 

I then received a notification in my phone through the academy app.

 

I opened it and it showed my evaluation score for the mission. Since they were A rank monsters each monster had a score of 100, I was given a score of 40 while my other team members got a score of 30 each. Hmm, I guess I got a higher score cause I killed the monster? That must be it, but I still think it was a group effort, I wouldn’t be able to beat it if not for the team.

 

Anyway I am still glad for the score. I went back to my room and got to bed early, and while I was glad for the success of the mission, I just hope I don’t have to deal with troublesome things from tomorrow due to that.

121