Chapter 5
4.5k 6 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that incident my classmates now look at me curiously unlike before where they looked at me suspiciously but still no one dares to approach me.

 

But it doesn’t matter anyway cause it doesn’t change my life. I still spend my school alone.

 

I eat my lunch alone at the cafeteria during lunchtime. By the way Megumi always has lunch with her childhood friend and the protagonist Hayato in the cafeteria. Well she does eventually bring home made bento’s for him but that was after she fell in love with him, now they are still just friends.

 

Anyways the days went by normally and the middle of the second month approached. I was at school. It was halfway during the day before lunch time.

 

It was during the break between classes. I got a message on the academy app on my smartphone. It told me that there was an emergency and that 3 A class monsters have appeared and that the Vice President of the Student Council was preparing a team to fight them.

 

The people who will be chosen will probably be from the academy’s Knight squad. It’s basically a squad of talented fighters of the school from senior students as no one from first year has been chosen yet anyway they are under the Student Council’s direct command.

 

Basically it’s students who were good enough but couldn’t get into the Student Council as there were better students. The protagonist also in this squad after his contribution during his first time fighting monsters, although he was C rank. Also unlike other members he got a special link with the Student Council as they were impressed by his fighting ability, he later got into the Student Council in his final year when he was strong enough, protagonist aura I guess.

 

Anyway everyone seems to be glued to their phones well they also got the news as it’s updated in the notice section.

 

Then I got a private message from the Student Council in my profile. It just told me to go to the Student Council room immediately and that the teachers for the remaining classes has been notified of the situation and the Student Council has a task for me that will keep me busy for the day.

 

This is weird, I wonder if this has to do anything with the monsters appearing, considering the timing? Anyway I took my bag and left the class for the Student Council.

 

Everyone looked at me but as usual didn’t say anything to me.

 

I went in front of the Student Council room and knocked at the door. I heard a voice say, “Come in”.

 

I went inside to see the Student Council President Sakura was sitting in her chair behind her desk. The other members of the Student Council were at their desks working but the Vice President Ayaka was standing in front of the Student Council President’s desk with her arms folded, her face was expressionless.

 

“Hello I am Minori Takeru, I came here because I was asked to”, I said looking at the President.

 

Sakura smiled and said, “Welcome Takeru-Kun, we have been waiting for you. As you know Ayaka here has been given the assignment to fight those A rank monsters that have appeared. So she has selected some A rank fighters from the Knight’s squad of the school to assist her. But the principal has recommended to take a person from the first year as well in the squad. So we deiced to choose the strongest person among the first years, which happens to be you. So you are to go monster hunting with Ayaka and her squad”.

 

I see so that’s why I was called. Even though I thought I was being called for the monster extermination, I didn’t understand why I was the one chosen considering my reputation but this changes it.

 

I also remembered something from the anime. Megumi who was a member (Secretary) of the Student Council at the beginning of the anime once told the protagonist Hayato about how she got into the Student Council.

 

It was in fact after this event. In the anime of course she was the best among first years as Takeru didn’t train so she got chosen for this instead. And from what she said in the anime her performance was outstanding so she was chosen as a first year representative of the Student Council.

 

Anyway that’s that but what about me? I don’t really want to be a part of the Student Council as it would mean being involved in the plot and putting myself to risk. I’d rather be in the Knight squad since while they also handle life threatening task they are not even near as dangerous as the ones in the plot. I also don’t want to be too involved with the heroines as they could also drag me to the events.

 

But I can’t really refuse this job. Since this is a military style academy you have to obey your superiors in this case the Student Council unless you have a legitimate reason to refuse, which I don’t. Otherwise it will earn you negative grades in your battle performance score, I just got to be the highest scorer among freshman, I don’t want points to be deducted from it.

 

I know if they ask me to join the Student Council afterwards (which they may or may not due to my previous reputation), I can just refuse and offer to join the knights instead. Yes in this way I won’t offend them too much and I can get what I want, it’s a win win. I just have to give a good excuse as to why I am rejecting it, and I already know what to say.

 

In response to Sakura’s speech I said, “Yes it will be my honor President”. Hearing that Sakura smiled at me and Ayaka was still expressionless. I cannot tell what she is thinking.

 

Ito Ayaka POV:

 

After the new year started I thought I would have to deal with new annoying students again like last year. But I was surprised to see that all the new students were well behaved.

 

Even Minori Takeru the problem child who has caused problems in his previous schools was well behaved. I was initially very wary of him but he seems to be minding his own business and has never even talked with other students let alone cause trouble.

 

One day as I was walking in the corridors near the training room I saw him training with two teachers after school hours.  I got curious and watched his training hiding in front of the door and he seemed very serious. After he left I asked the teachers and they said that he had asked them for help and was training everyday after school.

 

I deiced to check the next day and following day and he indeed was taking the training seriously, he would even arrive before the teachers.

 

I have never heard of him training before. So does this mean that he really is trying to change? No no I shouldn’t believe it yet, maybe he is planning something.

 

The results of his training did show as he was the first among first years in combat practice.

 

Then this situation happened. I was initially against taking him despite the principal’s orders as I still didn’t trust him. Heck Sato Megumi would be a better choice since the difference between them is not that high.

 

But Sakura convinced me to take him. And she is right, this is the perfect opportunity to see if what he has been doing till now is a façade or if he really is trying to improve.

 

He could still refuse, although it would cost him points, he has lived a sheltered life and that shouldn’t bother him, if it did he would have better conduct before.

 

In fact after he accepted the order, I was genuinely surprised. I am starting to think that he has really changed and I should give him a chance.

 

Which is what I have decided to do.

123