Chapter 10
3.9k 31 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that we went to the Student Council room as instructed.

 

As we reached there we found several of the Knights and students who participated in the battle were already there but still a few were missing.

 

So we waited for everyone to come.

 

After everyone was gathered we still had to wait a little more for the Student Council members.

 

Then they came. But they weren’t alone, they were accompanied by the Principal Watanabe Haruka, Sakura’s mother. She was wearing a white shirt with a blue blazer and a long blue skirt and black high heel shoes.

 

Then Sakura spoke, “Ahem, everyone thank you for your cooperation in today’s battle. Thanks to you we were able to defeat the monster army. As for the cause of this attack, we have yet to find it. But we are currently investigating and will let you know when we find the culprit. Rest assured we will do everything in our disposal to apprehend the culprit. Now for the school, there will obviously be no class for today due to damages as well as there being no time. Tomorrow there will be a ceremony where all of you will be rewarded for your contribution. Classes will begin day after tomorrow. That’s it for today, you may go back to your dormitory, I am sure you are very tired from the battle and want to rest. That’s it for today”.

 

Yay, no classes tomorrow so I can train for a bit longer and I need to rest after today’s fight too so I can’t wait to go back.

 

Everyone started to go back, I wanting to leave turned to Megumi to say good bye when…

 

“Takeru-kun, Megumi-san please wait, we need to discuss something”, said Haruka.

 

“Yes, mam”, We said together. Now what? I thought I was going to rest and now this woman is telling me to stay? I hope it’s nothing troublesome. So annoying.

 

They waited after everyone left. Then Sakura opened the Student Council room’s door and motioned us to go inside. And we did.

 

Sakura, Ayaka and Haruka followed, the other Student Council members it appeared were told to leave as well.

 

After the door was closed Sakura said, “Ok first of all both of you performed really well today, for that good job””, with a smile.

 

“Thank you”, I and Megumi said together.

 

Sakura continued, “For that Megumi-san I invite you to join the Student Council. The announcement will be made at tomorrow’s ceremony. As for you Takeru-kun I hope you will reconsider our offer and join the Student Council, we need you”.

 

Megumi was overjoyed and she said with a big grin, “Join the Student Council? Of course I will be honored to join”, then she thought of something and looked at me and asked, “Reconsider? What does she mean Takeru-kun?”.

 

Sakura spoke, “Well you see Takeru-kun was already invited to join the council after his performance against the Ogres when he went on the mission with Ayaka but he refused and said he wanted to join the Knights”.

 

Megumi looked at me incredulously and asked, “Seriously? Why? Why would you reject such an offer and want to  join the Knights instead? Are you crazy? I thought it was odd that you weren’t in the Student Council after that but it turns out you rejected it.”.

 

I sighed and spoke clearly, “President as I said before I have no interest in joining the council. I have no interest in the paperwork..”.

 

At that moment Haruka who was quiet until now spoke up, “Takeru-kun I heard about your reason from Sakura but that reason doesn’t make sense especially if you are going to inherit your father’s company as you have to do a lot of paperwork. Your real reason must be something else”.

 

I was quiet at that.

 

Haruka continued, “Whatever the reason may be if you don’t want to talk about it it’s ok. But please reconsider joining the Student Council.  It will hurt the reputation of our school if such a talented person like you who is perfectly fit for the Student Council doesn’t join it. People will question our standards”.

 

Well she is correct but I won’t give up. So I said, “But you can always say that I was the one who didn’t want to join right?  I even gave you my reason”.

 

“As I said before that reason is flimsy and people will think something is wrong with the Student Council itself if you don’t join. Surely as a student you wouldn’t want the reputation of your school to plummet?”, said Haruka.

 

Damn this woman, the way she puts pressure on me is too much for me to handle, she is giving me no choice, but I don’t want to be involved with the plot, Hayato wasn’t part of the council due to his lower abilities but him being in the Knights didn’t interfere will his success because the Student Council favored him but if I get into the council there is no way I can avoid the plot as I will be directly involved as the Student Council handles the requests for assistance, I don’t want to that trouble, so I still have to try even now to get out.

 

“B-But”, I said.

 

Haruka said sternly, “No but’s Takeru-kun. You WILL join the Student Council, understood?”.

 

Sigh, there is no room for negotiation. She is literally forcing me. Damn, is this how you reward people for their good deeds? Punish them? I hate you, I hate you all. May god punish you.

 

“Y-Yes mam”, I said in the end defeated.

 

Haruka smiled and patted my shoulder and said, “Good answer. Then that’s that problem solved. Now both of you go back to your dormitories. Your Student Council work starts from day after tomorrow”.

 

“Yes mam”, I and Megumi both said together and left.

 

Before we parted our ways Megumi asked, “Tell me what’s the real reason you don’t want to join the Student Council? You must have a good reason right? It’s a dream come true for everyone. So you must have a very important reason to refuse”.

 

“My reason is the same one as I said. I don’t want to do paperwork”, I replied with a serious face.

 

Megumi looked at me for a second and said, “If you say so”. And we parted ways. She didn’t looked convinced though.

 

Sigh today was a particularly hectic day. It seems that it will be very difficult to avoid the plot now. Well whatever happens will happen, I need to face it head on. Now I am really tired.

 

So I went straight to the cafeteria near my dormitory, ate a good amount of food and then went straight to bed for the day. I am tired and need a lot of rest. Tomorrow is another day.

108