Chapter 11
3.5k 12 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day we gathered at the same hall where the entrance ceremony was held. This event will be much shorter in duration than the entrance ceremony as this ceremony’s main purpose is to reward students who participated in the battle yesterday. There was no school today so students can return to their dormitories after this.

 

I sat down on a seat at the back of the hall, mostly to avoid people staring at me. Soon the hall was filled and the ceremony started.

 

The Principal Watanabe Haruka came up to the stage along with Sakura and Ayaka and began her speech, “First of all I would like to thank everyone for attending this ceremony. As you know there was an unprecedented attack on the academy yesterday, and unfortunately we are yet to find the culprit. But yesterday we were able to repel the attack due to the brave efforts of our students. This ceremony is to reward those brave students. As I call your name please come up to the stage. The Student Council President will present you with a medal”.

 

With this the names were called by the Principal one by one.

 

After some time it was Megumi’s turn she received a medal and was announced as a member of the Student Council, she became a secretary.

 

And it went on until it was my turn. As my name was called I walked up to the stage. All eyes were on me, well it was expected, from the incident with the Ogres I became well known.

 

As I got on the stage the Principal said with a smile, “Minori Takeru has been of great service to the Knights at the school and has shown exemplary performance at yesterday’s battle as well as the battle he had before he became a Knight. He is hereby appointed as a Secretary of the Student Council. Takeru-kun congratulations, please collect your medal from the Student Council President”.

 

There was loud clapping across the hall. I received the medal from a smiling Sakura who congratulated me. The medal was silver color and round with the emblem of the academy engraved in the middle. It had a blue string attached.

 

I looked around the hall and saw Hayato smiling and clapping. Bastard! It’s because of your incompetence that I am suffering and you are smiling? How despicable. I  was angry but I controlled my anger and put on a smiling face. The only reason I accepted all this is because the Principal herself wanted a legit explanation of why I couldn’t join the Student Council. It was like an order from the head of the organization that I join the Student Council (it was evident from her tone) and I couldn’t really bring my father in this as an excuse as well because she knows my father as they worked together in certain military operations, so if I bluff she can easily verify it from my father and if she finds I was just fooling around I could be punished for bad conduct by lowering my scores, that will go into my records and my and my family’s reputation will be tarnished. So I had no choice.

 

Then I returned to my seat , after sometime the ceremony ended and I returned to my dormitory.

 

That day I practiced a bit more than usual because I had more time as there were no classes.

 

The next day I went to class and as I entered I was surrounded by classmates who were congratulating me.

 

Megumi was already seated and judging by her expression she face the same thing.

 

I accepting everyone’s greetings and answering their questions I went and sat on my seat. Then I and Megumi looked at each and nodded, then the teacher arrived and the class started.

 

After school I and Megumi together went to the Student Council. Upon entering Sakura greeted us, “Welcome”.

 

Then she introduced us to the other members both second years, one was a short girl named Maeda Hazuki, who had red hair and green eyes and the other one short boy named Chiba Yuuto who had green hair and black eyes. Hazuki was the treasurer, while Yuuto was another secretary.

 

Then both said  , “Hello” and me and Megumi responded with , “Hi”.  With this our Student Council days started.

 

I found out that while a normal student can check their stats only once a year at the end of the year, a Student Council member can do it as many times as they wanted. This may be due to the higher level threats the Student Council faces.

 

Anyway when I have such an opportunity, you bet I will make use of it so I checked my current level and my stats were:

 

Magic: A+, Weapon Proficiency: Swordsmanship A+, Stamina: A+, Magic Control: S, Overall: A+.

 

I have made significant improvement, I was happy about that but I desperately wanted to get to the S level, after all if I am stuck in the Student Council I will definitively face great danger.

 

Megumi on the other hand didn’t have that much improvement compared to the start of the year and she grumbled, “Why me? I really envy you”, to me.

 

I said, “Hahaha, work hard and I am sure you will reach me”.

 

Sakura also chimed in and smiled and said, “Yes Megumi-chan as Takeru-kun said, work hard and you will succeed”.

 

Ayaka didn’t join in. In fact she talked very less, well I don’t mind.

 

As so my Student Council life continued. I maintained a strictly professional relationship with the members of the council not getting close to anyone. Megumi was an exception because she was my classmate and our rivalry was there.

 

Sakura tried to get me to open up but I stuck to my ground. Ayaka thankfully kept to herself or mostly interacted with Sakura and the members more.

 

The Student Council work was mostly paperwork as  expected but occasionally we had B rank or A rank monster threats which we went to eliminate. Sakura always sent Ayaka with me to get us to interact more but both of us kept it professional so that didn’t work.

 

The monsters we faced were Orcs, who had hog heads and human bodies, they were half the size of Ogres and  were yellow in color and were B rank. There were also A rank Griffins and Chimera.

 

They were not that difficult to deal with me due to my level and having help.

 

I also learnt from Megumi that after the incident with the monsters Hayato started training extensively, I wanted to cheer him on and even help him so that he could replace me but the Student Council work kept me busy after school and after that I had to tarin so I had barely any energy left.

 

I don’t think Hayato himself would be able to make any difference though as he heavily relied on the heroines’ help in the initial stages as he was that weak, so I am not getting my hopes up but it’s nice to know there is a possibility of him coming in the limelight.

 

I told Megumi to tell him that I wholeheartedly support him and believe that he can be great. To which Megumi smiled and said that he would be happy to hear it.

 

With this my days went.

 

Soon the time came for the second event to start. The second event is when the difficulty starts to really increase.

 

The event starts with the 4th heroine getting transferred to the school. The event is concerning her.

 

So when I saw her standing in front of the class one day at the beginning of school and the homeroom teacher introducing her, I knew the second event has begun. I hope I am strong enough to make out of this alive. I don’t have plot armor like the protagonist so I can seriously die in this event, that’s how dangerous it is.

101