Chapter 21
3.2k 11 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sato Megumi POV

 

After I heard that Hayato was no longer in this world, I felt devastated. We knew each other since childhood and suddenly I heard that I would never see him again.

 

I felt as if the world has come to an end. At that time I was busy so couldn’t help him. I feel as if I am guilty for that. But I know I am not because even if I wasn’t busy he would have only gone with his family as it was an invitation of their relatives.

 

But my heart doesn’t understand that.

 

I was on the verge of falling apart. But he helped me.

 

Minori Takeru. At first like everyone I was wary of him due to his past rumors and avoided him.

 

But he never really caused trouble in class, in fact he minded his own business. So I thought maybe the rumors were wrong. But still I didn’t dare approach him.

 

During the first class strength evaluation, he surprised me by being stronger than me. But still he minded his own business, never bragging or doing anything.

 

After that I heard that he helped the ‘Student Council’ , I was convinced that the rumors were wrong. So I decided to talk to him. And the rumors were wrong.

 

He wasn’t a bad person by any means. I was surprised when he became a “Knight’ instead of a ‘Student Council’ member as usually this kind of thing. I thought he was done injustice by the council and I was angry at them. And I was happy when he finally joined the council, I felt that he has finally got what he should have got.

 

But later I learned that it was his wish not to be in the council. I asked him the reason but it didn’t sound very convincing. He was weird in this regard. I mean why wouldn’t someone want to be in the council in this academy? It’s everything every student wants. But I let it be since it’s his own wish.

 

During this time, we became friends and rivals. I could never beat him after that defeat, this frustrated me but I was happy to have another friend other than Hayato with whom I can be myself.

 

So when he said he would leave the council, I was sad.  This would mean that the time we spent together would be reduced. Before I left I urged him to stay.

 

The next day after hearing about Hayato, I didn’t want  him to leave even more. So I requested him again, to my surprise and happiness I found out that he was decided to stay, whatever the Principal did yesterday worked, I am thankful for that.

 

But not only that he consoled me the other day, he stayed with me and offered comfort while the remaining students just superficially expressed condolences.

 

He even stayed with me after school. And after that I realized that I really liked him and not just as a friend.

 

I gave a kiss on the cheek at the end. But I was really embarrassed after that.

 

I spent the weekend tossing and turning in my bed, feeling embarrassed. But Monday I finally mustered the courage to move forward so I prepared lunch for him too.

 

But when I faced him today morning  I was so nervous and awkward towards him that I feared he would hate me.

 

Even when I gave him the bento I said useless things. But thankfully he accepted it. He is so understanding.

 

I hope we can get along better in the future.

 

 

Third Person POV

 

 

In the Student Council of the Magic Knights Academy during lunch Sakura and Ayaka were seated together.

 

The usually had lunch together like this in the Student council room. Here usually they had lunch and discussed about Student council matters. Today however the discussion was a bit different.

 

Sakura asked, “So Ayaka, what do you think about Takeru’s growth? He did well last weekend correct?”.

 

Ayaka answered, “Yes, he performed well. Both against me and against Endo-sense he performed better than expected. He will become very strong in the future”.

 

Sakura nodded and said, “I agree but since it’s coming from you that’s high praise. You never praise people this much” with a smile.

 

Ayaka looked away with a blush and said, “I-I am only speaking the truth. Besides he really is reliable when it counts. He did good during rescuing the princess”.

 

Sakura laughed and said, “You have gotten soft I see. But yes he is indeed reliable”.

 

Ayaka blushed redder and said, “I am not..”.

 

To which Sakura laughed and said, “Ok ok I get it”. Ayaka wasn’t convinced and was angry and embarrassed , while Sakura was enjoying it.

 

Like this the two friends spent their break.

 

 

Third Person POV

 

 

Meanwhile in a certain corner of Tokyo city in an old and worn down building a red haired and blue eyed man in a brown suit was sitting in what could be said his office.

 

Well it was a mostly worn down room with nothing on the walls so it was difficult to call this an office.

 

But he was sitting behind a desk on a office chair. The room was dimly lit, with a single bulb to illuminate he room. The room was however small so that was enough to work with.

 

The man was tall and muscular and had a pale complexion.

 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, the guy answered, “Come in”.

 

A beautiful woman with long black hair and yellow eyes, wearing office attire came in. She also wore glasses.

 

The guy asked, “So what’s the matter Asami?”.

 

“Yes, sir. We investigated the Roseblade princess kidnap incident thoroughly. It sees like the Student Council of the Magic Knight Academy has recently recruited two very capable individuals. They were also there when we released the monsters in front of the school. This boy especially is bad news. He managed to keep the two experienced A ranks at bay at the same time, despite only being at A+ rank himself at that time”, she answered.

 

She handed the guy some documents on which there the profiles of Takeru and Megumi.

 

The guy looked at Takeru’s profile and laughed saying, “How…interesting”.

 

The woman asked with a confused look, “Sir?”.

 

The guy answered, “Let’s put him to the test shall we? We need to know how capable he is to prepare for our next plans”.

 

“What kind of test?”, asked the woman curious.

 

“The test is……………..”, answered the guy.

 

She smirked and nodded and said, “I see. It will be done sir”.

 

“Proceed with the other plans as scheduled. If there is anything that needs to be added after this test, we will add them”, said the guy.

 

She nodded and said, “Understood”.

 

She then made a serious face and saluted him saying, “Glory to the Uroboros”.

 

Uroboros, this organization is headed by the red haired man in the room called Zeronis. This organization even though it has lofty ambitions cannot actually take over the world as it is no match for the world’s militaries but they are willing to try.

 

And because of that they are a big threat to the Student Council of Magic Knight Academy which they attack in order to destroy it to reduce new Knights coming out. This is because unlike the military the magic Knight students are way weaker for the simple fact that they are students.

 

The guy answered, “Glory to the Uroboros”. And then the woman left.

 

The guy got up from his seat and looked through the window to the street beyond and said, “Minori Takeru let’s see what you can do” with a sinister smile.

 

Thus without knowing Takeru’s intervention of the plot caused the main villains the organization Uroboros who wants to take over the world to appear in the story earlier and they will appear in an event which they didn’t appear earlier.

 

This will come as another shock to Takeru after Hayato’s death.

 

How will Takeru handle this? Only time will tell.

64