Chapter 20
3.2k 9 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next morning refreshed. Last night I had a good sleep so I was energized.

 

I got ready for breakfast and went to the dining room following a maid as I didn’t know the direction.

 

On the dining room I found that Sakura, Ayaka and Haruka were already there. We greeted each other “good morning” and had our breakfast.

 

After breakfast I followed Sakura and Ayaka to the weapons training dojo.

 

There was a tall muscular man there, he had a bad head and scars on his head and he had blue eyes, a tanned body and bulging muscles.

 

He was wearing a yellow T-shirt and brown pants and had a great sword on his back. He wasn’t there in the anime.

 

Sakura introduced me to him, “Let me introduce you, this is Endo Shinji. He taught me and Ayaka how to use swords. Although I am a magic type only user so I didn’t learn much but Ayaka did”.

 

Yes, Sakura uses a sharp edged foldable Japanese war fan (tessen) as her weapon, she mostly uses it as a wand to control her magic attacks precisely as they are too strong but if required it can used as a weapon as the edges are as sharp as a sword.

 

“His magic power might be A rank but his sword skill is SS rank. So he is the perfect person to learn and improve your sword skill with”, continued Sakura.

 

Wow, SS rank sword skill, this guy will of great help in my sword training. I looked at the guy with a lot of respect.

 

I bowed to him and said, “Then I will be in your care”.

 

He laughed and said, “Don’t worry about it. The madam and miss told me to take care of our training so I will”.

 

The reason why he wasn’t shown in the anime was because other than the “Magic meditation room”, no other training montage was shown. The were just random shots of the protagonist swinging his sword, which counted as training being shown.

 

Endo-sensei told me, “First of all, attack me with all you got. I need to see your skill level first”.

 

I nodded and took out my sword and rushed towards him.  I didn’t use any magic of course since this is purely a swordsmanship training.

 

He easily blocked my frontal attack with his sword without even moving.

 

I didn’t stop and backed off and attacked from the right, left, the top and even the back.

 

He blocked each of them easily and stood where he was. Wow this guy is insanely strong.

 

“Is that all you got?”, he asked nonchalantly.

 

“No”, I said and dashed again at him. He blocked it with his word but this time I jumped over it and aimed a slash at him, he was surprised but immediately grabbed my sword and threw it along with me. I managed to land on my feet.

 

“Not bad, show me what else you got”, he said with a smile.

 

I then ran to his right and aimed a slash at his chest which be thrust his sword to intercept, at the last moment I changed my sword direction and aimed for his leg, he jumped and avoided. He then appeared in front of me and aimed a slash, which I barely managed to block and was pushed back by the force and landed on my back, my sword slipped out of my hand.

 

As I got up and dusted myself and picked up my sword.

 

He clapped and said, “Well done, it will be fun teaching you”. Even Sakura and Ayaka clapped and Ayaka said, “Good job, even I did way worse my first time facing him”.

 

“Thank you”, I said with a smile.

 

I then started training under Endo-sensei.

 

First he corrected the mistakes in my moves and stances. My moves became much smoother and efficient.

 

Then he taught me some real life tactics. These helped broaden my horizon and will help me anticipate future attacks.

 

I was also taught some new moves.

 

I trained under him for 3 hours straight, then had a 1 hour lunch and rest break and then trained gain for 3 hours.

 

Meanwhile Sakura and Ayaka were doing own training as well sparing amongst themselves.

 

They were at another level, with neither of them making any mistakes in their moves and putting pressure on each other. Of course Sakura won these fights but only because her magic was stronger.

 

After the taring we took a tea break and I was transported with Sakura, Ayaka and Haruka back to the school.

 

I said goodbye to them and went to rest in my dormitory.

 

Today was a very fruitful day. This weekend had been very fruitful.

 

The next day I woke up and had breakfast and went to class.

 

I greeted Emily, who greeted back.

 

I greeted Megumi but she responded very coldly. I tried to make small talk but she barely responded.

 

Why is she acting like this? I thought we had a good talk last Friday?

 

Did she know that my existence might have caused Hayato’s death? The sinking feeling I had on Friday came back. I felt horrible.

 

But no matter how I think about it that’s impossible. How could she know?

 

Then why is she acting like this? So with my mind in turmoil, I continued the rest of the classes till lunch.

 

At lunch break Megumi approached me with two lunch boxes, she put one in my hand and said, “I made extra lunch let’s eat together”.

 

Confused after her sudden change in behavior since earlier, I could only say, “Huh?”.

 

She turned her face saying, “I-It’s not like I did it for you anything. Like I said I made extra”.

 

Realization dawned on me. Her earlier behavior became clear. With this I calmed myself down. I was worried over nothing.

 

Tsundere, that’s what she is, how could I not realize this? That’s her character in the anime. That kiss on Friday makes a lot sense now.

 

Personally I have zero patience for this kind of thing. If you love someone just make it clear. But in this case I am guilty for what happened to Hayato so I will accept this.

 

I smiled and said, “I see, thank you. Let’s eat together”.

 

She smiled brightly at my answer and then nodded and said, “I-It can’t be helped”.

 

And with that I enjoyed my lunch with Megumi, chatting happily.

72