Chapter 22
2.7k 9 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minori Takeru POV

 

Like this our days went by. After that weekend I have become closer to Sakura and Ayaka. And Megumi and I get along with them better now. They have also sympathized with Megumi over Hayato’s death and has been understanding.

 

All in all, everything is well in regards to that. Emily also has been interacting well with the Student Council members. She is a bit stiff but slowing getting along with everyone.

 

One of the notable changes in the Student Council is that Ayaka has been more expressive to me lately and talking to me more. I don’t know why she was more reserved before and why she changed her behavior suddenly but it’s a welcome change.

 

Of course I also continue to train in swordsmanship at Sakura’s house from Endo-sensei. Thanks to that I corrected the kinks in my swordsmanship. I have finally reached S rank in swordsmanship thanks to that. It took me three weeks of training under him to do that and I could tarin under him in the weekends.

 

I also used the battle simulation facilities in the Watanabe house. Thanks I have improved my stamina to S rank too.

 

I am now what you can call a true S rank. By I mean that I have S rank in all stats.

 

But that doesn’t mean I am still strong enough. I still lose when sparring against Ayaka 5 times out 10. But that can’t be helped as she is more experienced.

 

I also spar against Megumi. That I win always.

 

Megumi when she heard that I achieved S rank, congratulated me. But she looked both happy and sad. Can’t blame her as she has fallen behind.

 

But she didn’t stay down and increased the intensity of her training, hoping to catch up.

 

Emily on the other hand didn’t hang out with us yet.

 

I and Megumi now having our lunch at the Student Council room everyday. Sakura invited us and we agreed.

 

Megumi makes lunches everyday for me and herself. And we all enjoy lunch chatting happily.

 

Ayaka gives me weird look at the time Megumi gives me my lunch but I have gotten used to it now and it doesn’t bother me as it did initially.

 

The empty feeling I had after Hayato’s death is  gradually decreasing. I feel a lot better now. Though I haven’t forgotten my responsibility of making up for him.

 

Like this our days went.

 

As for the work of the Student Council, only C or D rank monsters appeared recently, so we only sent the Knights to do the job and we were mostly busy doing paperwork.

 

There was an important event for the school coming in 2 months. That was the sports day that happened on  the 8th month after the start of the year, every year.

 

It was also shown in the anime but nothing happened there except the protagonist and the girls won some of the events. It was peaceful.

 

But it was an important event that we needed to organize regardless. As some organizations value sports achievement and can hence help the students to find jobs. Hence the students look forward to this.

 

But this event is for a later date.

 

There is another event that is going to happen sooner. In less than a week in fact.

 

That is the school visit to the magic museum. It’s a museum which contains remains of different monsters, their weapons and other things related to the Magic Knights.

 

In short it is an educational tour.

 

It is something the first years go through every year. It’s to make them aware of the different facets of being a Knight.

 

This was something that didn’t appear in the anime. Probably because it wasn’t an important event. In other words nothing happened in this trip.

 

But the world has been altered by the butterfly effect of my interference. Hence something happening here can’t be ruled out.

 

Especially since this is a good opportunity to attack. As student of the academy will be out in the open. Yes, there will be teachers, but you never know if that will be enough to protect them.

 

The good thing is that they can carry their weapons as the academy rule allows them. So if something happens they could at least protect themselves.

 

But I feel worried about the weaker classes. Maybe I am just being paranoid.

 

The classes are sent for the trip  in order, it could be A, B, C or C, B, A.

 

Since last year it was the former, this year it will be the latter.

 

We compile the data of each student in a class and give it to the teacher in charge so that they can arrange the students in order. The stronger students in front and the weaker at the back. This was done to make sure everyone is protected in case of an emergency.

 

I prayed that nothing happened to anyone.

 

Then the day of the trip came.

 

The trips of classes C and B went without a hitch so that relived me a bit.

 

Finally it was he turn of class A aka mine and Megumi’s class. Despite being relived that nothing happened I was on my guard.

 

Seeing my face Megumi asked, “Takeru-kun are you ok?”.

 

I immediately answered with  a smile, “Yes, I am ok”. She looked like she didn’t believed me but nodded and let it go.

 

I sighed in relief. And then after that we boarded the bus along with our fellow classmates and accompanying teachers.

 

Today me and Megumi will be in the front as we were the strongest.

 

In the future as I look back to today, I will be glad that I was wary. It is because of something that will happen later today.

 

And the bus started and we left the school and entered the city.

63