Chapter 25
2.7k 6 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up next day feeling refresh and relieved that  I won’t have to deal with “that” problem again.

 

As I entered class I was hugged by Megumi who rushed toward me and hugged me. She said, “I missed you”.

 

I hugged her back and said, “I was only away for 3 days”, with a smile. We have been closer these few days, so people didn’t really care about the hug as they have seen it before, so I could return it comfortably.

 

I saw Emily sitting surrounded by people, she just looked at me once and nodded and I nodded back.

I and Megumi went back to our seats. After sitting down, Megumi asked, “So, what was the reason you went back to your house?”.

 

I answered, “Well my father’s old friend visited after a long time. He used to live near us. Oh and his daughter also visited with him, we used to play together when we were kids”.

 

Megumi turned a bit pale at the last few words. She asked in a quivering voice, “I-Is that so? Y-You must have been happy to see her after so many years right? Will you see her again soon?”.

 

“Yes, of course it’s nice to see a friend after a long time. And no I don’t think I will, her father’s work prevents her from going anywhere else”, I replied. Thank goodness, I want to avoid that clingy attitude anyway.

 

Megumi looked a bit relieved at that and said, “Is that so?”, she even had a smile on her face.

 

After that the teacher came in and homeroom started.

 

During break as usual me and Megumi were having lunch with Sakura and Ayaka in the Student Council room and as usual Megumi prepared lunch for me.

 

Sakura also asked me about what was the reason I went back home and I replied. Sakura and Ayaka looked a bit uncomfortable about the story like Megumi but they too cheered up in the end.

 

Then Sakura said, “Ah, I almost forgot to tell you guys, we will having a new transfer student in the first year starting tomorrow”.

 

I had a bad feeling about this for some reason. I asked, “Really? A transfer student in the middle of the year? Who is it?”.

 

Ayaka answered, “We know that she is a girl but don’t know her details as it was decided abruptly. What I mean is that the other school contacted us abruptly. Normally we wouldn’t take in someone without thoroughly checking them. But she was the daughter of a military person and went to the school for military personnel’s children who have high chance of becoming knights. The school is for military children who can’t go to other knight academies due to their parents job. The standard is quite high and she was the best student there among the first years. So we took her in. The military school promised her ability. We will get her details tomorrow along with her as they are still preparing them to send to us ”.

 

“I see. So she’ll be in our class correct?”, asked Megumi.

 

“Yes. She’s an A+ rank like you Megumi”, answered Sakura. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Megumi has reached A+ rank recently.

 

“I see”, I said thoughtfully. Truthfully, I don’t know why but I have a bad feeling about this.

 

As I was lost in thought, Megumi poked me and asked, “Takeru are you ok?”. I looked and saw all the girls were making concerned faced.

 

I smiled and said, “Yes, I am ok”. I decided to let it go as worrying will get me nowhere,  I just have to wait to find out.

 

And oh boy did I find out. And I also understood why I had the bad feeling yesterday.

 

The reason was the new transfer student was……….drumroll……….my childhood friend Honoka.

 

Seeing her I had a shocked expression on my face as the teacher introduced her, “Everyone this is Kirishima Honoka, she will transferring to this school starting today. Please get along with her”.

 

The boys were all very excited. Well, it’s obvious because she is very beautiful. Even the girls looked excited to meet her.

 

“Please introduce yourself”, said our homeroom teacher.

 

Honoka nodded to the teacher and said, “Hello everyone my name is Kirishima Honoka. I used to study in the military school for knight’s due to my father’s job. But I transferred her to be with my fiancé Minori Takeru”.

 

There was a huge commotion at those words. People shouted, “Fiancé what?”.

 

Everyone looked at me confused. I looked at Megumi and she looked at me like I am some sort of scumbag.

 

Sigh, she got to start drama on the first day of her new school huh? I need to make it clear.

 

So I stood up and said, “What fiancé? Do not be misleading Honoka. We are just childhood friends Don’t make our relationship be more than it actually is”.

 

Honoka made a teary face and said, “But but you promised”.

 

At that everyone looked at me like I am some sort of scumbag. This girl.

 

I sighed and said shouting, “WE WERE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS BACK THEN. I didn’t even what that meant then. It was just a promise between kids. It means nothings. Besides we haven’t seen each other in years. Don’t act like we are close”.

 

This shut her up and the rest of the students nodded in understanding.

 

Then Megumi stood up and said, “Yes, Honoka-san you may be his childhood friend but you have no right to harass him like this”.

 

Honoka saw Megumi and came near her and sniffed and said, “You are one of the hussies who is corrupting him aren’t you?”.

 

“What?”, said Megumi surprised.

 

“Honoka that’s uncalled for”, I said.

 

But Honoka ignored me and said, “Yes. I came here to protect him from girls like you. So back off or I’ll make you back off”.

 

Megumi was confused for a second but regained her composure and said, “ I can see who he needs protecting from. I won’t back off even if you are his childhood. How about we settle this with a duel?”.

 

Seriously, what is happening right now? This is unreal. A catfight? For me? Sigh.

 

“Bring it on. Let’s do it after school today”, said Honoka with confidence.

 

“I am fine with it”, retaliated Megumi.

 

I wanting to stop this said, “Girls, stop fighting. You don’t need to..”.

 

But both of them looked at me together and shouted, “You, stay out of this”.

 

Angry I said, “Fine. Do what you want”.

 

Then teacher who was watching bewildered, decided to intervene now and got everyone back to their seats.

 

Honoka sat far away from and was giving dirty glances towards Megumi.

 

During lunch as I was getting ready to go the Student Council with Megumi, Honoka intervened and said she wanted to spend time with me.

 

I said I already have plans and went with Megumi. Honoka tried to stop us but Emily intervened and stopped her. She did something useful for once.

 

We explained to Sakura and Ayaka who didn’t seem to mind the battle between Megumi and Honoka and wished her good luck.

 

We went back to class a bit later to make sure that the teacher comes immediately so that we don’t have to interact with Honoka. Honestly I am getting tired to Honoka’s behavior at this point and want her to stop.

 

Then the bell for the ending of the school rang and both Megumi and Honoka stood up. Megumi nodded to me and went to get ready for the battle.

 

Honoka came to me, gave me a smile and said , “Don’t worry Takeru. I’ll win” and left before I could say anything.

 

My classmates were all excited for this battle.

 

I sighed and trudged my way to the arena slowly.

59