Chapter 24
2.7k 17 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

 

Meanwhile in the hideout of Uroboros in Tokyo an hour after the attack at the magic museum. Zeronis was sitting in this office. When he heard a knock at the door.

 

“Who is it?”, he asked.

 

“Boss it’s me Asami. I have come to report regarding the incident at the magic museum”, replied Asami.

 

“Come in”, he said excitedly.

 

Asami came in holding a bundle of papers in her hand.

 

“So what’s the result?”, asked Zeronis unable to hide his excitement.

 

Asami replied professionally, “Yes sir, here are the reports”, and handed the papers to Zeronis.

 

She then continued, “As you can see, the results are completely unexpected. We used the nets to gauge his strength. But unexpectedly he managed to break it. Even if he is an S rank , he shouldn’t be able to do it. This is a big problem for us”.

 

Zeronis stared at the documents silently for a few minutes.

 

Asami who was troubled by the silenced said, “Sir…”. And at that point Zerois started laughing, “Kuhahahahahahaha………”.

 

He laughed for 5 minutes straight. Asami seeing this unexpected situation was too scared to say anything and was frozen in place.

 

Then finally Zeronis stopped laughing and then said, “Interesting. Very interesting. I can’t wait to find out more about this Minori Takeru. I want to fight him myself”.

 

“Asami”, said Zeronis.

 

Asami snapped out of her frozen sate and said, “Yes, sir?”.

 

“Whatever data we have got prepare a countermeasure for our future plans”, he said.

 

“Yes, sir”, Asami replied.

 

“Also, I will be present during our next operation”, added Zeronis.

 

“You, sir?”, asked Asami surprised.

 

“Yes, me. I want to see this Minori Takeru myself”, said Zeronis.

 

 

Minori Takeru POV

 

 

After the incident at the magic museum, the school conducted an investigation but nothing was found.

 

But nevertheless all of us were worried. An attack like this is no laughing matter. I was the one most concerned about this as I couldn’t understand just what they wanted.

 

Not finding the answer troubled me to no end. But life must go on, so I had no choice to leave the matter.

 

By the way I was praised by Sakura  and the other Student Council members for breaking the net. I said I was lucky but they still say it’s impressive.

 

Well to be honest it was most likely “plot armour” as I said before, thank you author by the way.

 

[A/N: And you are welcome.]

 

Anyway school life was going on smoothly when I got a call from my father. He told me to come back home for 3 days as something was up.

 

I asked if there was something to worry about. He said there is nothing to worry about but I had to come home. It definitely sounded suspicious but I will find about it when I return home anyway.

 

When I told the Student Council about this Sakura said, “Alright if you have to go, then go”.

 

Megumi was a bit sad that I had to go, “I don’t want you to go. I’ll be lonely but I understand”.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll return in 3 days”, I said with a smile.

 

So that day I got on a cab to go back home.

 

When I arrived I was greeted by the servants and they said that father will come back shortly with guests.

 

After I refreshed myself by taking a bath and putting on home clothes, I went to the dining room to eat.

 

My father arrived shortly after I finished eating.

 

As soon as I went to greet my father I saw a pink blur and a voice which said, “Takeru-kun I missed you” and felt hugged by someone.

 

I was so flabbergasted that I couldn’t react.

 

Then the person who hugged me broke off the hug and I saw the person for the first time.

 

It was a very beautiful girl of the same height as Sakura, she had long pink hair that was tied in a ponytail with a blue ribbon and blue eyes and a very shapely figure with ample bosom. She was smiling widely.

 

She was wearing a white shirt and blue skirt.

 

I don’t remember anyone like that so I asked, “I am sorry, who are you?”.

 

She then puffed her cheek in anger and said, “How mean. You don’t remember me? I am Kirishima Honoka, we used to play together in our childhood”.

 

Ah, yes now I remember. This girl was my childhood friend. Her father was a single parent like my father as her mother died during childbirth. He works in the military. He and my are friends and they met during the job.

 

He used to live near us when I was younger and so he would bring his daughter to play with me. She and I used to quite close as far as I remember.

 

They left here when I joined middle school as her father was transferred. She didn’t appear in the anime as she was not related to the plot and as after that defeat I was completely ignored.

 

I said, “Ah sorry. Now I remember. It’s been many years and you have changed a lot so I couldn’t recognize you”.

 

“Really?  I could recognize you easily though. But what do you think about my change? Do you like it?”, she said with a smile.

 

“Er, yes I do. You look very beautiful”, I said.

 

“Thank you. I am happy”, she said.

 

Then we heard a “Ahem”, it was my father. Beside him was Honoka’s father.

 

“I am sorry uncle, for not noticing you. How have you been”, I asked.

 

“Don’t worry about it. You guys met after a long time, after all. You have grown. I trust you are well?”, said uncle Yuu, Honoka’s father with a smile.

 

“Yes, uncle I am”, I answered cheerfully.

 

My father then said, “Instead of standing here let’s go to the living room”. We all nodded and follow.

 

Amid chatting as the refreshments were served I got to know that Honoka’s father has some work here so he and Honoka will stay here for a few days at our house and then then return back.

 

According my father’s orders their room was prepared.

 

Honoka insisted that her room should be next to mine so it was arranged.

 

Then my father said , “You two must have a lot of things to talk about. Why don’t go somewhere else, we adults have to talk now about important”.

 

Honoka immediately stood up and said, “Yes, let’s go see your room. It has ages since I have been there”.

 

I nodded and got up and took her to my room. My father and uncle have important talk and she is my childhood friend after all, so it’s no problem.

 

As soon as we got into my room, Honoka looked at me with serious eyes and said, “I didn’t tell you this before because father and uncle were there but when I hugged you I smelt 4 girl’s scents from you. Are you cheating on me?”.

 

“Cheating? What? And smell? What are talking about?”, I asked surprised.

 

“You don’t remember. You promised to marry me when we were kids”, she said with teary eyes.

 

Now that she mentioned it I or rather the old Takeru did but it was only a kids promise, he didn’t know what he meant, it was just an innocent talk. And yet she remembers it? This is troublesome.

 

I immediately, “O-Of course I remember. But you know I said that when were kids. We didn’t know what marriage meant then. So I don’t think that counts”.

 

“It counts to me”, she said shouting.

 

Then she appeared thoughtful and then said, “I know. Those girls have seduced you. I was away from you for a while and they took use of your innocence to seduce you.  I have to protect you from now on from these witches”, as she looked at me, her eyes were scary.

 

I backed away and said, “That’s not true. I am telling you. And what are you mean by ‘you will protect me’?”.

 

She ignored the first part and said with a smile, “You’ll see”, with a smile.

 

This girl is dangerous, must stay away.

 

That day and the rest of the two days, she was glued to me and didn’t leave me at all, even when I was practicing. I wanted to tell her off but that would be rude to a guest so I kept quiet.

 

When she was about to leave I sighed in relief.

 

Before turned to me and smiled and said, “See you soon”.

 

“What do you mean?”, I asked confused.

 

But she just said, “You’ll see” and left.

 

I asked my father but he didn’t know either. I had sense of foreboding. Anyway with those thoughts I returned back to school that day.

 

I felt comfortable to be back at the dormitory and the peace and quiet. I went to sleep early to wake up for school tomorrow in time.

59