Chapter 23
2.7k 8 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived at our destination at about an hour after we left the academy.

 

At first the teachers alighted the bus, after that me and Megumi got down and the others following us.

 

The museum was a large dome like structure made of glass and metal.  The entrance had a large arch with various designs of weapons etched on it.

 

There were a few steps we had to go up to reach the entrance.

 

There were very few people, probably because today was a weekday and everything looked peaceful.

 

We entered by forming a line with me and Megumi at the front. There were two accompanying teachers. One stood at the front of the line and one at the back.

 

We went inside that way. The guard standing guard at the gate saw the teacher’s I.D. and our uniform and let us in.

 

Inside was really magnificent. There was marble flooring and the ceiling was high up, decorated with different types of magic lamps of different designs.

 

The roof was a mixture of glass and the metals which held the glass in place and where the magic lamps were attached.

 

The whole museum was huge.

 

There were several display cases with different types of weapons extracted from monsters, different recycled monster parts and even different types of magic stones.

 

In font of each display case there was a plaque which detailed what was contained inside the display case.

 

Our teachers also explained them and the various era they are from. All in all it was a very exciting experience.

 

The trip was going well so far. I was quite enjoying and let my guard down.

 

Then towards the middle of the trip we heard an alarm. There was also red lights blinking inside the museum. This startled us. Then an announcement…

 

[Attention. Attention everyone. The museum is under attack. I repeat the museum is under attack. Please don’t panic the guard are on the way]

 

The people around us shrieked and panicked and started to run towards the entrance. Seeing that our fellow classmates also panicked but the teachers calmed them down.

 

As for me I have mixed feelings. I am glad that I was able to anticipate that something will happen but at the same time I had this sinking feeling that I will have a tough time in the future due to not knowing what will happen.

 

Suddenly we heard a male voice, “So you are there”. And after that we were surrounded by a group of 10 people.

 

They where dressed in all back. Black pants, black full sleeve t shirts and black berets. On the front of their berets and on the right side  of their t shirts there was the logo of a red snake devouring it’s tail. The logo of Uroboros.

 

Shit, they came in the forefront this early. I expected things to change but not this much. A feeling of fear took over my body. This is dangerous, way dangerous, I looked at Megumi and she looked scared took.

 

The teachers who were a S rank and an A rank tried to defend the students but there were two S rank individuals there in the group who used some kind of small red marbles on them, which turned to red nets, which the teachers couldn’t escape from.

 

Me and Megumi attacked the others in that time. They were mostly A and B ranks, so we were able to knock them out using my lightning magic and Megumi’s fire magic .

 

Seeing this one of the two S ranks spoke, “Interesting, but not unexpected but you won’t be able to win easily”, this one had a female voice. The one that announced their arrival was the other S rank guy.

 

“We’ll see about that”, I said. Megumi said, “We are going to take you down”.

 

I attacked the male while Megumi attacked the female.

 

“Not so fast”, said the male as he easily dodged by sword swipe and threw a red marble a me. The same thing happened with Megumi.

 

Before we could escape the net covered us and we could move.

 

The male member said, “See, this is our group’s new invention. The S rank safety net. It is so resilient that even a S rank can’t escape it”.

 

“You two are trapped”, said the other members.

 

The other students cried, “Noooo….” And tried to escape. But the two S ranks used a net to lightning to impede them.

 

“Not so fast”, said the male member.

 

“If you want to save them, you better hurry and get out of the net”, said the female member to us.

 

The net forced the students to come closer to each other. And they were continuously decreasing the size of the net. The students were attacking the net but to no avail.

 

If I don’t do anything , everyone will get electrocuted and judging from the power, many will die.

 

I tried to use all of my magic attacks on the net, used my sword but to no avail. The net just absorbed my attacks. The same with Megumi and the teachers.

 

I looked at the students and they were terrified.

 

I felt so useless. I cannot do anything right now. I felt despair beyond belief. I shuddered to think that I might have to watch my classmates die in front of me. This is a very different experience than hearing that Hayato died.

 

“Hurry up the clock is ticking”, said the male member with a smirk.

 

I couldn’t come up with anything. I clenched my fist in frustration.

 

But then I decided to calm down and think of a way. Being frustrated won’t help me. I need to find a way.

 

Then I suddenly thought of a thing. This is an anime world right?

 

So things like anime logic and plot armour exists here right?

 

But I didn’t know if I had any of those. But this was my only chance. I had to try.

 

So what should I do to execute it? Hmm….well in these kinds of situations, what does an anime protagonist do?

 

Think. Think. I know, lets concentrate and use my magic power only to destroy this net, not any spell. That’s a typical anime protagonist thing to do.

 

Theoretically this shouldn’t work as the net should be able to handle S rank power , so the power needs to be higher than that to break it. But I am S ran only and am still in the initial stages of it.

 

But if I anime logic and plot armour that it should work.

 

Sounds illogical but I have no choice. Here I go…

 

So I cleared my mind and closed my eyes. Then I touched the net with my hand and focused all my magic power through my hand to the net.

 

Work. Work. Please work I pleaded.

There was nothing for a few seconds but then I heard a “CRACK!”, I then increased my power and then the same sound echoed, “CRACK!, CRACK!, CRACK!” and then I heard a “BOOM!” and when I  opened my eyes I saw the net disintegrate.

 

Yes, It worked! Hooray for plot armour! Thank you anime gods! If you are exist thank you!

 

I saw the faces of the two Uroboros members. They looked dumbfounded.

 

The girl said, “Impossible! This can’t be!”.

 

Yes I agree lady, this is bullshit. Welcome to plot armour!

 

But after a second they both looked at each other and throw a smoke bomb. After it cleared I saw them disappeared along with their other members.

 

This baffled me. Why did they disappear? If they wanted to attack should they finish it? It’s not like they were in a disadvantage?

 

So why did they leave? Wait..was their objective to see if we could escape from the net? That would explain why they would disappear. But that doesn’t make any sense, especially from their faces. They were bewildered so they didn’t expect it. So did they target something else? What were their objective?

 

After thinking I decided to leave it as I couldn’t come to an answer. I freed Megumi and the teachers. And the rest of the trip was cancelled due to the attack and we returned back to the academy.

 

On the way Megumi asked, “What was that about?”.

 

I shrugged and said, “I don’t know either”. And we both fell into deep thought analyzing the situation.

 

I was glad inside though, due to finding out that I have plot armour. At he very least this means, I wouldn’t die. Due to this I was feeling more relaxed than before.

58