Chapter 26
2.1k 8 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I arrived at the arena shortly. After that I made my way to the VIP viewing room used by the Student Council.

 

All the other members of the council except Megumi were there.

 

Everyone greeted me and I greeted them back.

 

As I sat down, Sakura and Ayaka proceeded to sit  on either side of me. Even though there were other seats.

 

Sakura asked, “So, Takeru whose side are you on?”, with an interested face.

 

I thought a bit and said, “Hmm…..hard to say. Both of them are quite capable. Megumi was already quite capable and she has been training harder these days. Honoka is quite capable too. She was in the military academy, and a star student too, she must have trained hard as well. So it’s hard to say who would win”.

 

Sakura sighed and said, “No that’s not what I mean. I mean who do you want to win?”, with an expectant look.

 

I looked at her straight in the eye and said, “None, in the first place I didn’t want this fight to happen. But they ignored what I said and fought anyway. So whoever wins this fight, I don’t care”.

 

Sakura looked startled. Then looked at me for a few seconds and nodded the turned her head away.

 

Meanwhile both contestants have appeared on the stage.

 

The announcer was announcing, “Welcome everyone. Today we have another battle between two high level contestants. On one side we have Sato Megumi from first year class A. And on the other side we have the new transfer from military academy who just transferred today Kirishima Honoka. Both of them are………”.

 

And the announcement continued.

 

About this match, even though I said it didn’t matter who won, if I am logical then Megumi wining will be more beneficial to me as that will stop Honoka from being too clingy and assertive. However I really don’t approve of this battle and I hate the fact that what I said was ignored so I am going to keep that sentiment to myself. Whoever wins I won’t congratulate them.

 

Then the match started.

 

Honoka attacked first as soon as the match started. She uses a spear. She appeared to use nature magic to push the ground up to propel her forward at great speeds. That’s an interesting tactic.

 

Then she used light magic on her spear, it created a blinding light, enough to temporarily blind the opponents.

 

But it looked like Megumi used her instincts and dodged it. She was still a bit blinded by the light.

 

Then Honoka attacked again with her spear, this time Megumi swung her naginata at the direction of the attack and used a fire vortex.

 

Honoka was startled and backed off but she was still injured from the fire.

 

As expected they are both good. This match is interesting to watched.

 

The crowd was cheering loudly for both of them.

 

This time Megumi rushed towards Honoka with fire surrounding her naginata.

 

Honoka casted an earth wall using nature magic to block it.

 

Megumi didn’t stop but increased her speed and jumped on the top of the wall and casted the fire magic spell eruption, which was the spell the knocked her down during her battle with Emily.

 

It seems like she has come a long way.

 

A large column of fire erupted from Megumi’s weapon and rushed towards Honoka.

 

Honoka casted multiple earth walls to protect her.

 

The walls were being destroyed one by one by the fire column. But Honoka kept casting them. Finally after putting down multiple earth walls, the fire column faded. Honoka sighed in relief.

 

Have to say her magic power and endurance is amazing.

 

But it wasn’t enough to win her the match.

 

Taking advantage of her distraction Megumi appear behind Honoka and attacked her with her naginata covered in a fire vortex.

 

Honoka couldn’t react in time in time to save herself. And she was covered in flames and fainted.

 

The referee announced, “The match has ended. The winner is Sato Megumi”. The crowd gave a tremendous applause. Even the Student council members present in the room clapped.

 

Well, she deserved it, she really has come a long way.

 

Even I almost clapped but held myself back, I cannot show my support for this. The other members will surely tell that to Megumi if they see me clap.

 

Megumi looked really happy on the screen. Then she rushed out, I felt like I knew where she went.

 

And I was corrected, she busted into the room and came at me attempting a hug saying, “Takeru  I won”.

 

I avoided her. I knew how a win at this time means to her but that doesn’t mean I can lenient , if I don’t stop this now, this kind of behaviour will increase in the future.

 

She looked hurt and confused and said, “Takeru what’s wrong?”.

 

I said, “Nothing. You won? Good for you”.

 

She became teary and said, “Why are you acting like this? What did I do wrong?”.

 

I felt bad for her but I decided to stay strong and said, “Did I tell you guys to fight? I didn’t. I told you guys to stop but you ignored me and continued to have a match anyway. If you are going to fight without my approval anyway, you don’t need my appreciation for winning”.

 

Saying that I stored out of the room amidst a confused Megumi. “This is for the best”, I said to myself.

 

I made my way out of the arena to my dormitory. I had enough for today and wanted to rest.

 

As soon as I was out of the arena I saw Honoka on a stretcher on the way to the infirmary. She was conscious.

 

Honoka saw me and told me tearfully, “Takeru I lost”.

 

I said, “Good. This should be a lesson for you. Next time don’t force yourself on people. Megumi and the others are my friends like you are my childhood friend. If you want to continue to be my friend then get along with them. Besides I didn’t approve of this match. You two decided it on your without caring for my opinion. So the loss and win is on you too. I don’t care either way. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to get back to my dormitory”.

 

With that I left the stunned Honoka behind and walked towards my dormitory.

 

Man I really hope tomorrow is better.

60