Chapter 44
955 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day we had a meeting of what we were going to do during the break. The meeting was set to take place in Sakura’s house in the morning.

 

By we I meant me, Emily, Sakura, Ayaka, Honoka and Megumi, if it’s wasn’t clear enough. We were transported by the school transport helicopter to Sakura’s house.

 

We are supposed to leave the dormitory today evening, so we came together this morning to discuss our plans.

 

Well, I didn’t really have a plan for the winter break so I’ll just listen to what the others have planned and decide accordingly.

 

We all sat in the huge living room of Sakura’s mansion. It was elaborately decorated with even a chandelier. We all sat in the sofas that surrounded a big table.

 

As, we were served tea and snacks Sakura spoke up, “Ok, guys now let’s talk about our plans for the upcoming holidays”. I should mention that we all had breakfast before we came here, if anyone was wondering.

 

Sakura continued, “I’ll go first. I and Ayaka will go on a trip to Italy and we will take Takeru with us”.

 

I was startled by this statement, I never agreed with this, heck I didn’t even know about this. But before I could say anything Honoka slammed her fist on the table.

 

SLAM!

 

Honoka said, “No way. I won’t allow that. I won’t be able to return back to my father due to him being busy so I plan to spend the break in Takeru’s house and spend time with him”.

 

I didn’t say ‘yes’ to that either you know.

 

Megumi said, “No way, if you are staying at his house, I am staying too, I cannot let you be alone with him”.

 

I didn’t give my permission to this either. Meanwhile Emily was just enjoying the conversation while holding back laughter.

 

Well that’s a relief that isn’t joining them but well, we don’t have that kind of relationship anyway.

 

Before I could reply to them my phone rang.

 

RIIINNNGGGG!

 

I saw it was my father and I picked up the phone. Everyone became silent.

 

I said, “Hello, father. What’s up?”.

 

“Takeru I called regarding something important. Recently our company has acquired something important, I need your help in verifying something. But it’s very important and top secret so keep it under wraps even from your friends. I’ll take you to the object in a few days”, said my father.

 

I was immediately about to blurt out things like, ‘what is it?’, ‘why am I required’ in front of everyone but since father said it was a secret, I controlled myself.

 

I simply said, “Understood”.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot, I had a discussion regarding your winter break with Haruka, she was saying she wanted to invite you on a trip with her daughter and another friend but you know you can’t do that because of the urgent business, so she said that she wanted you to stay at her place, then you all can enjoy the holidays together. I agreed but it depends on your decision”, said my father.

 

“I understand. Thank you for telling me”, I said as I disconnected the phone.

 

I then turned to everyone and said, “Look guys, I haven’t agreed to anything and I have decided to decline all of your suggestion”.

 

“BUT…..”, they all shouted together. Then Sakura’s phone rang.

 

RIIINNNGGG!

 

Sakura picked up the phone and said, “Hello mom…”. After sometime Sakura with the phone on her ear asked me, “Mom wants to invite you t stay with us since the trip is cancelled”.

 

“No”, I said firmly. Sakura protested , “But…”.

 

“No buts, I will stay at my own house. We can meet on occasion but I am not living here”, I said firmly.

 

“But Takeru what about me? I already told you, I can’t go back”, said Honoka.

 

“You can stay with me but NO ONE ELSE. I am only doing this since you go back”, I said firmly.

 

“Yay”, said Honoka happily. Megumi angrily said , “Tsk”.

 

The others looked sad. Suddenly Emily who had been quietly observing until now said, “Umm can I say something?”, while raising her hand.

 

“Yes? What is it Emily?”, asked Sakura.

 

“You see I haven’t been able to talk with you guys freely this whole year. So I was thinking of doing that this holiday. Can you recommend me a good hotel to stay for the holiday”, said Emily with a smile.

 

Sakura smiled and said, “Yes, Emily it will be good to spend time with you. But why hotel? Stay at my house, I have plenty of rooms”.

 

“Is that ok?”, asked Emily.

 

“Yes”, said Sakura.

 

Emily then smiled and said, “Ok, I will take you on this offer”.

 

After that we chatted a bit more then left for the dormitories to get ready to go back home. Before leaving Emily gave me a smile which looked like a ‘victory’ smile. She didn’t do it front of others so I didn’t like it.

 

Anyway in the evening I along with Honoka after saying bye to the others got on my car which was sent to pick me up and rode home. Along with the way Honoka constantly clung on to me.

 

After we returned I immediately went back to my room saying I need to freshen up and she was led  to the room prepared for me.

 

As for meeting the others the first meeting was day after tomorrow so I could rest a bit at home before that.

21