Chapter 47
627 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We met again during lunch. Everyone sat at the lunch table to have lunch together. After food was served, I started the conversation.

 

“So, we were supposed to meet today and hang out together but that happen cause you guys just suddenly decided  to stay in my house. So what do we do now?”, I asked.

 

Sakura answered cheerfully, “We will still spend the day together but at house, let’s play videogames or something, or we can still go out together and visit some restaurants or shops. But before that what is your answer to our confession?”.

 

“Well….it was too sudden, and it happened one after another so I am not sure. But well…”, I said scratching my head. Well, I was hesitating to tell the rest as it will anger some of them.

 

“Well, what?”, asked Sakura cheerfully.

 

“Umm…I think the plan where everyone is involved works. As, I don’t like anyone more than others. I like everyone equally and want us to get along”, I said.

 

CLAP!

 

Sakura clapped in happiness and said, “That’s great that works for me. What do you guys say?” and looked at the others.

 

Emily smiled and said, “I am fine with that. Actually I am happy that my love was answered”.

 

Ayaka also smiled and said, “Me too. I approve”.

 

Honoka said, “No way. Takeru is mine. Takeru you pervert” and glared at me.

 

Megumi said with almost teary eyes, “Takeru, how could you do this to me? You should me and me only”.

 

I noticed something about Megumi, she wasn’t that much Tsundere with me as she was with Hayato, though her Tsundere sometimes came up intermittently but now it has stopped.

 

I think that was mostly due to the fact that she was his childhood friend and had a hard time understanding her feelings as to whether she liked him just as a childhood friend or as a man.

 

Anyway back to the present. Honoka glared at Megumi and said, “No, Takeru should only love me. I was with him from the beginning”.

 

Megumi countered, “So what? You guys were separated for some time. I am the one Takeru has the most bond with”. And this went back and forth.

 

Eventually Sakura had to stop them by saying, “That’s enough, no more fighting. You are being rude to the hospitality of the host. We will  talk about this later”. After this they quieted down and we could have lunch.

 

After that we spent the day playing videogames.

 

At night after dinner before going to bed Sakura suggested, “Let’s sleep together, everyone of us”.

 

I firmly said , “No”. “It’s too early for that, not everyone has agreed and besides I need to go visit my father for an urgent task tomorrow morning so I need a good sleep”.

 

Ayaka said, “We understand” and everyone nodded and we went to bed separately.

 

The next day, I woke up early in the morning to prepare to visit my father as the time scheduled had been early.

 

None of the girls had woken up, so I had breakfast early and dressed and got in the car my father sent me.

 

On the ride to the said facility I wondered what could it be that he couldn’t even tell me? He called me urgently as well. I hope it’s nothing dangerous.

 

After sometime the car stopped in front of a building. It was cylindrical in shape with the top being bigger than the bottom. It had to have a hundred floors judging from how tall it was.

 

As I got off the  car a man in a white lab coat hurried came to me and asked, “You are Mr. Minori Takeru correct?”.

 

I nodded my head and said, “Yes”.

 

He said, “Please follow me, the boss is waiting for you” and started walking towards the building, I followed him.

 

He went in and went straight to the elevator and I followed him in. I found from the buttons on the elevator that this building had two basements with one needing authorization.

 

The man tapped his card and authorized himself and the elevator took us there.

 

As we walked out, I found that the entire place had machines all moves. There were computers, storage capsules and other different kinds of devices. There were people in white lab coats operating them. There was a path in between and we were walking through that.

 

After walking for a little while I saw my father who nodded upon seeing me. The guy I was following said to me father, “I have brought him”.

 

My father just said, “You may leave” and he went away.

 

Then my father said, “We recently found an artifact while digging some ruins. I had it tested and it turns out to be quite powerful, but one of the people I know can wield as this one weirdly chooses it’s wielder. If we can’t use it I have to hand it to the government as they have spies everywhere and they will know that we found it. But I don’t want to lose such a treasure so I have brought you here t see if you can wield it. I am running out of time so I had to call you today”.

 

Wow, I never heard of a random artifact showing up in the anime, maybe it was cause no one could use it.

 

“The minimum requirement for the artifact to notice you is S rank but I have tried some S rank members including myself but nothing happened. You are the only hope”, father continued.

 

Ah, that makes sense, I was never S rank in the anime so I didn’t get a chance to try it anyway.

 

I nodded and my father told the guy in suit near him, “Bring it”.

 

He nodded and went and came back with a metal storage container. He opened the lid and put it in front of me.

 

SHINE!

 

I was greeted with a blinding light. There lay an exquisite sword in front of me. It was European in style with some runes embedded on it and it’s handle was golden in color with a red gem on it.

 

It looked grand indeed and something to covet but somehow I had a sense of foreboding. I couldn’t explain it, my senses were telling me not to touch as if something and will happen if I did.

 

Because of that I hesitated. Seeing me standing still my father asked, “What…”.

 

Before he could finish the sword shined even more brightly.

 

SHINEEE!

 

It then floated and went to my hand and forced itself in and then the red jewel shined brightly. And I heard a word inside my head saying, “Contract completed”.

 

“What?”, I said in surprise at both the words and this sudden phenomenon. But my father not seeing my troubled face said, “Yes it’s success. I am proud of you, my son. Now this can stay in our family”.

 

I tried to say something, “Dad I think..” but my father cut me off and said, “I am sorry son, I have a lot of paper work to do, so you take the sword now and go home, it’s yours after all. I will talk with you later” and with this he went away happily.

 

Confused, I held the sword for some time then sighed and put it in the scabbard provided by the people of the lab and then followed an employee to the elevator and got out and went back home on the car.

 

Can’t be helped, if problem comes, I will deal with it later.

19