Chapter 58
617 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days that followed were peaceful. There weren’t any more attacks yet.

 

Then one day, I came to the Student Council after school and saw that there was a tense atmosphere.

 

I came together with Emily, Honoka and Megumi as were from the same class. The rest were already present.

 

“What’s wrong?”, I asked.

 

Sakura said, “We have got news Uroboros will cause something massive tomorrow in the center of the town.”.

 

“What?”, I and everyone who came with me said in unison.

 

Uroboros never did something in the center if the town in the original, let alone no one was able to know their exact attack date.

 

“Are you sure?”, I asked.

 

Sakura handed me a piece of paper.

 

I looked at it and was shocked. “What is it?”, said Megumi as she took the paper from and along with Emily and Honoka read it, and was shocked as well.

 

It read…

 

Student Council of Magic Knights Academy.

 

We Uroboros will attack the center of the town tomorrow at 12: PM.

 

If you can, try and stop us.

 

What the hell? Since when did they start to blatantly advertise what they were doing?

 

This looked like an open challenge. They wouldn’t do that. What’s going on?

 

I asked Sakura, “Is this legit?”.

 

Sakura sighed and said, “I am afraid it is. A member of uroboros suddenly appeared wearing their uniform and handed this to me before disappearing. I was so surprised that I couldn’t stop her.”.

 

“It was a woman?”, I asked.

 

Sakura said, “Yes, she called herself Asami, second in command of Uroboros.”.

 

“I see.”, I said. I was startled but decided to keep it myself.

 

This is a character who appears at the very end of the anime, that fact that she appeared means that there is something very serious going on.

 

Is Uroboros attacking with their fully power this early? But why? They shouldn’t do that until much later.

 

Is it because of me? Whatever it is I have to face it. The only problem is Akiko is at a very early stage now.

 

There is a person of Uroboros who can distract her when she sees them.

 

That was supposed to happen with multiple sights of them throughout the story as she becomes used to them.

 

But now we have to face them without that preparation.

 

Sigh, it’s going to be a pain in the ass.

 

I said, “Anyway, we have to prepare for that.”.

 

Sakura said, “Yes, I have already obtained our leave for tomorrow. We have also warned the city authorities. Except me, Takeru, Megumi, Honoka, Emily, Ayaka and Akiko the rest will be provided the best quality weapons from the school. We will meet at school at tomorrow 9:00 AM sharp. Please be there.”.

 

“What about the countries Knights?”, I asked.

 

Sakura sighed and said, “They are busy and will not mobilize for a mere prank.”.

 

“What?”, I said indignantly, “They are going to leave this serious matter in the hands of high schoolers? Are they mad?”.

 

Sakura shrugged and said, “There is nothing we can do. They said they will send troops if it’s true. So, we may have to hold on for some time, until they arrive.”.

 

Why are authorities so incompetent in this anime world? Sigh, well whatever, got to do what you got to do.

 

No use thinking about it.

 

Sakura said, “Guys, we can do this. Don’t lose hope. Let’s give it our all.”.

 

The rest of said together, “Yes.”.

 

And then we fist bumped together.

 

That day I didn’t train but concentrated hard to clear my mind and free it from all worries. After all, worrying will only result in loss of efficiency.

 

I couldn’t get a wink of the sleep that night due to worry, despite the concentration training I tried.

 

I freshened up and headed to the meeting area.

10