Vol 6, Chapter 3: “Miu”
93 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 6, Chapter 3: "Miu"

*****

...

"*Yawn*..."

"Didn't get enough sleep?"

"Yeah"

"Stayed up all night watching anime huh?"

"That too, but the main reason was her"

"Hoshizawa san?"

"Yeah"

"Looks like someone's having fun"

"..."

While I tried to lay down my head near the window, Ryu reached out to me from behind

"So, are things between you and Hoshizawa san still fine?"

"You could say that"

"I'm glad!"

"? Why?"

"I'd be quite disappointed if the path to my chocolates galore suddenly stopped trying!"

"..."

I didn't even bothered to reply to that statement as I, am more tired than usual...

...Its been a week...or so I think? I couldn't even think straight due to how sleepy I am as of now...

...

...To summarize things, nothing major had happened. Ryu, Take, and Yuu doing their usual practice for the event, Masa getting dragged by Maria every single day, Hoshizawa and her friends doing their own thing, and I, spending most of my time with Kana senpai...

...Now that I think about it...didn't Kana senpai said something about me helping her out...?

...

...Well I don't know when that will be...but for now...

...

...*Yawn*...I'll think I'll sleep for a bit...

I said to myself, as I tried to put my head down to my desk...

...

When suddenly...

"...?"

"You sure took your sweet time sleeping, Shun Amagasa"

"Huh...?"

...

"...!"

I quickly straighten my back from the desk when I realized, that it was our teacher, the first period who woke me up

"I-I'm sorry Sensei!"

Crap! I'm not gonna get out easily without a punishment this time huh?!

I really had to fell sleep in her class of all teachers! Of course it had to be her! Way to go me!

"Tsk. Normally, I would given you a hard punishment, but this time I won't"

"Eh?"

I...actually got spared?!

...

I looked around the class, who were trying to hide their laugh. Ryu on the other hand though, just gave me a thumbs up, as if to say "Don't Mind!" at me...

Meanwhile, Yuu, Take and Masa, alongside with Hoshizawa and her friends, just kept silent the whole time...

But I wonder why she isn't punishing me this time...?

"A Student Council Member excused you from the class. You may go now before I changed my mind"

"Huh? A Student Council Member?"

...

...Oh...

...It was Kana senpai, who had excused me from the class, just like she said that she can do last time

"Are you deaf or what? Get yourself moving now!"

"Y-Yes!"

...

Just like that, I got myself excused from the class thanks to Kana senpai...

...Although I couldn't see what my classmates' reaction was due to me leaving abruptly, I'm pretty sure that they all have that kind of reaction as to what I would've expected...

"...Shun..."

"Thanks Kana senpai, you actually saved me just now"

"...Save you...?"

"I actually fell asleep, from before the first period started, all the way during her class"

"...I see..."

Kana senpai looked at me thoroughly, as if she was scanning me

"...Shall I take you to the nurse's office to get some sleep...?"

"Oh, there's no need for that! I already got some sleep from class"

"..."

"..."

...

"...Shall we head at the Library then...?"

"The library?"

"..."

...Maybe the library is the place I'm helping her out with?

...

"Sure, lets go"

"...Hm..."

*****

...

A few more minutes of walking, we finally reached the Library, which apparently, is empty at this moment...

...Well...all the students are in class right now...

Kana senpai stepped inside the library. I followed after her. She then took a few more steps to the furthest left of the library, which in my point of view, is very isolated, and hard to see by other people...

...She finally then sat down, and told me to sit next to her...

...

"So..."

"...?"

"What would we be doing in here?"

"..."

"..."

...

"...Sit down...and read books...?"

...

"Um...why are you asking me?"

"..."

She just kept looking at me with a confused look on her face...

...

...Don't tell me...

"Kana senpai, did we come here because...?"

"...To relax..."

I knew it! I thought we would be doing something Student Council work stuff at first!

"...And to show you the place that calms me down the most..."

"Huh...calms you down...?"

"...Yeah..."

"..."

To be honest...I never imagined Kana senpai to be the type of person who spends her own time at the library...

"...Also..."

"...?"

"...This is where Shea and I first met..."

"I see"

"...Before I met Shea...this place became my second home...because not many people go to this place...I always find it comforting to spend my time here..."

"So you wanted to share that comforting feeling with me?"

"...That part too...but mostly because..."

"...?"

"...I felt like...I had to show it to you..."

"..."

"...Ever since we met...the more time we spent with each other...the lesser this place became relaxing and comforting...I felt like...something is missing..."

"Kana senpai..."

"...Last week...I spent my time here without telling you...I thought it'll be nostalgic since I haven't come for a while...but it wasn't..."

"..."

"...But right now...that feeling came back...the same feeling that I've felt from before...because you're here...with me..."

...

...So we've both grown attached to each other...

...I thought I was the only one...

"...Its probably because we hang out a lot...but even if that was the case...then I don't mind..."

"You don't mind?"

"...Yeah...I don't mind...I don't mind this feeling of needing your presence...Shun..."

"..."

Since Kana senpai didn't had any friend besides the Student Council President, she would do things by herself, alone...

...because even her first friend, probably doesn't have that much time to spend time with her...

Its understandable to me that she would act this way...

...because being alone all over again...would never give you the same feeling, the same satisfaction that you had after having a friend whom you can bond with all the time...

...

I too had that feeling whenever I'm with Kana senpai. To be able to talk to someone, whether it be serious or normal talk, to even funny conversations, is something you can't do when you're alone...

...let alone, to be able to express yourself wholeheartedly to them...

Although Ryu and the others to me are on that kind of level, I always felt like its different whenever I'm with Kana senpai...

...Funny how I think that there's a difference between interacting with Kana senpai and interacting with my other friends...

...

I laughed at that thought...

"...?"

"Sorry, I just couldn't help but laugh...but you're probably right though"

"..."

"Its probably because we hang out a lot that we find it hard to not hang out whenever we can"

"...Yeah..."

"But its not a bad thing...It just means that our friendship is that strong...at least that's what I think..."

"..."

What the heck am I even saying at this point? I'm just probably trying to say something without any meaning to it...

"Well...I don't know how to explain it further, but I personally enjoy your company"

Her eyes widened right after I said that

"...So, I can't just leave you alone Kana senpai...*Yawn*..."

I said as I slouch over the table...

...I'm getting sleepy again...maybe that's probably why I don't even know what I'm even trying to say...

"...I know..."

"You know...?"

"*Chuckles*"

"...?"

...

A chuckle...?

...Kana senpai...let out a small laugh...?

...

...Ugh...I can't even take a look at her right now...my drowsiness is slowly kicking in...

...right before my eyes finally shut off, I heard Kana senpai saying something to me

"...Thank you for being my friend...Shun...I mean it..."

...To which...I couldn't hear clearly...

...The last words that she said to me...as I slowly dozed off...

*****

...

...Mm...

...What's with this...warmth feeling...?

...It keeps stroking my head...

...

"...?"

"...Oh...you're awake..."

"Huh...?"

It was then that I realized, that I had just woke up

...

"H-Huh?! Since when did I?!"

"...?"

I quickly stood up, gone back to where I was sitting before because apparently, I just slept on her lap!

"...I was the one who put you in my lap..."

"Um...why...?"

"...I heard from my class that boys like those sort of thing...Was I wrong...?"

...I mean...what she heard wasn't wrong...

...But I felt bad that she's too innocent that she didn't know!

"...Was I...?"

She said while giving me a hint of her sad expression on her face

"No..."

"...I see...I'm glad..."

She said as she faintly changed her expression again

"But you shouldn't do that next time Kana senpai"

"...Why...?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"...What is...?"

"People around us would definitely think that something is happening between us!"

"...I believe I told you before that I don't mind right...?"

"I know, I know, but I do mind!"

"...You shouldn't be...let them think what they want to think..."

"That's not the only problem Kana senpai!"

"...What do you mean...?"

"What if Hoshizawa san sees us in that state earlier?!"

"...Hoshizawa...?"

"She'll definitely misunderstand us!"

"...I see..."

"Who knows if she'll even trust me, or trust you after she sees us like that!"

"...Then lets hear it from her..."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"...What do you think...Hoshizawa...?"

"?! *Gulp*"

Right after she looked behind me, the back of my neck quickly gotten stiff, as I tried to turn around...

...Only to see her standing...

"H-H-Hoshizawa san?!"

"..."

"W-What are you doing here at this time of hour?!"

"What are you even talking about Amagasacchi?"

"Huh?"

"Classes already ended for today you know!"

"What?!"

I looked to my left, at the window...only to see that the sun was starting to set for the day...

"No way! I fell asleep that long?!"

"You sure did Shun"

"Ryu?!"

"Yeah, we've been here ever since you woke up. I'm surprised you didn't even looked at us"

How could I?! I didn't even knew they were far away in my right side this whole time!

"Aikawa senpai..."

"...?"

"Wait! Hoshizawa san! I can explain!"

Hoshizawa looked at me with a smile on her face

"Don't worry, I know you didn't do it, *Chuckles*"

"Eh...?"

She then looked at Kana senpai again...with a serious look on her face this time

"Answer me honestly, what are you aiming for?"

"...Aiming for...?"

What is Hoshizawa talking about...?

"First you made me separate from Amagasa kun...then you spent more time with him than I am...and now...you're doing couple like things?!"

"...Couple-Like things...?"

"I should've been the first one to make him rest in my lap! Why did you took it away from me?!"

Eeeeeeeh?! That's what she was worried about?!

"...I'm sorry...I didn't know..."

"You didn't know?! You're even calling each other by your first names! How in the world you didn't know?!"

"..."

To Hoshizawa, it might seem that Kana senpai was lying due to her having little to no emotions shown...

...But I for one knew...that she definitely wasn't lying...

"Hoshizawa san-"

"I can't believe you beat me to it! I haven't even prepared for when I should be calling Amagasa kun by his first name!"

"Hoshizawa saaan-"

"This is why I couldn't trust you Aikawa senpai!"

"Miu"

"?!"

She finally responded to me right after I called her by her first name...

...I mean...it is partly my fault that I haven't even considered calling her by her first name even though we're a couple...

"...One more time..."

"Eh?"

"...C-Call my name...one more time...please..."

She said as her ears started to turn red

"Um...Miu-"

"?!"

She then ducked herself to hide her face that was getting redder and redder...

...Even I am starting to feel embarrassed by the situation...

"H-Hoshizawa san-"

She stood up and got closer to me the moment I called her by her last name again

"...Miu"

As if she couldn't contain her excitement, Miu suddenly jumped around as she wave her hands high

"Haha! Look at Miucchi, Makicchi!"

"I've never seen that side of her before"

"Maki! Take a picture! This is once a lifetime!"

"...I left it at my locker"

"What?!"

"I can see the future of my chocolates! Way to go Shun!"

"..."

A few seconds after, she finally stopped, and turned to me, fidgeting

"Say my name again...please"

"...Miu"

She was shaking with excitement right after I said her name again. She controlled herself once more, and looked at me in the eyes

"...Shun"

"?!"

I felt as if I took a huge blow from my heart right after I heard her say my name...

...I also felt like this when Kana senpai called me by my first name the first time...

...but Miu calling me by my first name...is a whole new level of ecstasy!

"...Hm..."

"Shun..."

"Y-Yeah?"

"Shun..."

"..."

"Shun..."

"...That's my name..."

"Shun!"

She then hugged me in an instant

"I finally got to call you by your first name!"

"Ahaha..."

Control yourself Shun Amagasa! I know that she smells really good right now, and she's hugging you tightly on top of that, but this isn't the time for you to lose your cool! Remember your pi!

I said to myself as I keep clearing my mind from...those thoughts...

"...Are you done...?"

Miu and I both looked at Kana senpai, who was staying silent the whole time

"Y-Yeah..."

"...Look Hoshizawa...I didn't mean anything by that..."

"..."

"Kana senpai is mostly alone in school. Even though there are many of them in the Student Council, she told me before that the only one she sees as her friend is the Student Council President"

"...Shun..."

"Its because of that, that she often doesn't know what friends can and can't do"

"..."

"So...will you forgive her...just this once?"

Miu then looked at me and Kana senpai many times while tightening her hug on me...

...until she finally came to a conclusion

"Uuu...You know I can't say no when its you Shun"

She's pouting! My girlfriend is pouting! So cute!

"Alright...I forgive you, Kana senpai"

"...Eh...?"

"What? Can't I call you by your first name?"

"...You can...thank you...Miu..."

Miu and Kana senpai looked at each other, eye to eye, smiling, as if they have finally reconciled...

...I wonder if this means that Miu trusts Kana senpai a little bit more now...?

"Does this mean that we can finally go home?"

"Why do you wanna go home so badly today?"

"Papa will get mad at me!"

"Oh right, Risa's father is kinda strict"

"Why don't you go then?"

"You know I can't leave without you guys!"

"This good for nothing..."

"By the way, where's Ryu?"

"Itocchi already left a while ago, He said that he'll go back to practice"

That guy...

"What are you gonna do now...Shun?"

"Wanna walk home together Miu? Well technically, its just us walking till we reach the school gates"

Since our houses live on the opposite way!

"C-Can we?! What about Ito kun?"

"I'll just send him a message afterwards"

"O-Okay! Shall we go?"

"Yeah, what about you Kana senpai?"

"...Yeah...I'm already done with the Student Council work for the day anyway..."

So she really did excuse me for today just to hang out...

"...Miu..."

"...?"

"...As a friend, I will help you and Shun in whoever tries to get in your way...I can assure you that..."

"Kana senpai...thank you...and sorry for doubting you this whole time..."

"...Its now all in the past...Miu..."

"Um, what are you two whispering about?"

"Nothing! *Chuckles*"

"...?"
Although I didn't hear what they were talking about, I could tell from a glance that they somehow gotten soft to each other, and are more friendly with each other...

...Girls really are something else huh...?

I said to myself, as we all walked towards the school's gates...

*****

End of Chapter 3

1