Vol 6, Chapter 4: Sports Day!
92 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 6, Chapter 4: Sports Day!

*****

...

"*Yawn*..."

"Sleepy again huh?"

"Yeah, but I've been getting the hang of it lately"

"Really? Aren't you a morning owl Shun?"

"I don't know, maybe?"

"You don't know?"

I don't even bother with myself on those things, but whats more important right now, is today...

...yes, today, is Sports Day. The event that all students who have participated for this have been waiting for this moment

Ryu and I were walking to the school as we speak. We came a bit later than usual because the students who didn't participated in the said event helped out preparing the place. I didn't know the exact time I arrived home last night, but I believe it was later than 9 pm...

Ryu on the other hand, should've been at school earlier than me, but he insisted to walk to school together with me. Luckily for me, he decided wake me up afterwards because I for once, forgot to set up an alarm, which would probably make me late for school and the event

"You guys really had to pull all night just to set up the whole event?"

"It was the Student Council President's orders. There was no way for us to ditch too because apparently, the Student Council Members have a list of the students who are participating at the event, which are exempted for helping out in preparations"

"And they didn't also let us help too because the Student Council President told us something about...us getting in good condition for today?"

"Somehow, that's reasonable...but at the same time, it doesn't"

"By the way, if all students that didn't join the activity helped out, does that mean Hoshizawa san also helped out?"

"Miu did...but..."

"But...?"

"...They didn't let her move an inch"

"Eh?"

"Our classmates, as well as other blocks and year level, didn't let her do anything. The Student Council President wasn't gonna let that slide, but all the students protested for her"

It was kinda funny and ridiculous at the same time...Miu at that time, just looked at us, watching us work on various things. She was about to approach and help me at some point, but also realized that she can't get any closer to me, hence why she stayed silent in the corner the whole time

"Seriously? Just how influential Hoshizawa san is?"

"Apparently, influential enough to make everyone yield for her"

All the more reason for us not to get caught up in any more misunderstandings about us too!

As we entered the schools' gates, we saw the Student Council Members, putting up the finishing touches

"...Shun..."

"Kana senpai! Are you guys almost done?"

"...Yeah...just this and the last thing to do is patrolling and maintaining safety..."

"I see, glad we made it just in time"

"...Shun...are you free today...?"

"Yeah, I don't have any particular thing to do besides than maybe watching Ryu and the others"

"...Then...can you help me patrol while we look at them...?"

"Of course I can"

"...Thanks..."

"We haven't even started yet, hahaha"

It was then, that Miu finally got to school

"Hoshizawa sama still majestic as ever!"

"You idiots! Make way for her!"

"Should I confess to her dude?"

"You know that she already rejected hundreds of men in our school right?"

At least be supportive at your friend!

While Miu was walking, she was looking left and right with her eyes alone, as if searching for something...

...when suddenly, her eyes finally matched mine. She then stopped looking everywhere, and smiled at me afterwards, like she was telling "Good Morning" to me

"Dude! I swear! She looked at me just now!"

"Are you delusional? She looked at me!"

"Schizophrenics, it is I who she looked at!"

"Shut up you dweeb!"

"Who're you calling a dweeb you cave dweller?!"

"Huh?!"

"What?! You wanna take this outside?!"

Technically...we're already outside...

After that quick contact, her friends, Risa, Maki, and Fay, caught up with her, and they headed off somewhere

"Judging from that smile of hers, I assume you and Hoshizawa san are still on good terms huh?"

"Of course we are, you know I won't gonna do anything bad to her"

"...Shun...the patrol..."

"Oh right, We'll be going now Ryu"

"Same here, I'm pretty sure Take and Yuu gonna chew at me if I don't show up any time soon!"

"Don't you dare lose in today's event"

"Hoho? Wanna bet then? 10 Chocolate bars?"

"Quite confident are we? But I know you'll win"

"Hehe! See you later then!"

And with that, Ryu went ahead to meet with Yuu and Take

"Shall we go now, Kana senpai?"

"...Yeah..."

I then followed after Kana senpai, to help her patrol around the school...

*****

...

After the announcement from the Principal and the Student Council President, the Schools' Sports Day event, has begun. Just like what they had said in the paper, the first event that will happen is the Tug of War, to which to my surprise, the game itself had a surprising twist...

...both parties who was pulling the other, had to win while standing on ice. They were wearing shoes that are cold resistant, but those shoes they were wearing was also the cause of them slipping...

"So that's the challenge you guys were talking about"

"...Yeah...Don't you think it adds more challenge?...at the same time...it makes the game more fair to both sides..."

Since the floor was ice, it is hard for both teams to rely solely on strength when pulling the other. It requires them to be cautious and more strategic at the same time

"It did add more entertainment to the game, but wouldn't that cause more injury?"

"...The participants knew what each activity has in store for them...The watchers don't...."

"I see...so they have countermeasures when something worst happens then?"

"...Maybe..."

Um...why does it sound like she was unsure of that...?

We were looking from the window, watching the Tug of War happening below, as we patrolled around the school...

...

...

The activity for the Tug of War was halted for now right after it reached the semi finals. Our team, the ones that were representing our block, lost in round 3, but it was the longest match that we've seen as of now. Everyone in our block had strategies and tactics in store, but the opposing team had better ones...

"...They weren't able to go to the next round..."

"Yeah, but it was definitely one of the most interesting matches we've seen so far"

"...I agree..."

While the Tug of War was halted, another event, the Cavalry Battle started. This time, it was Ryu, Take, and Yuu who's representing our block

"This should be interesting"

"...Indeed...I wonder what kind of tactic they have up in their sleeve..."

As expected, the Cavalry Battle became an all out brawl in the end. After explaining the rules to them once again, they were instructed to put the scarfs. One in their head, and two in both arms. Since Ryu was their leader, He's the one at the top. Take, Yuu, and the other student that they invited, carried Ryu. They were then told to form a big circle, far enough from each other, to indicate their positions...

...

Right after, a fire signal from a Student Council Member can be heard, which marked the start of the battle...

"Here it goes"

"..."

Without further ado, Ryu, alongside with Yuu and the others, headed straight for the opposite end

"...Huh?...why...?"

Knowing Ryu, he probably intentionally planned to go dead straight opposite to where they originally were

"Because that's where the seniors at"

"...What?...is he purposely trying to...?"

"Yeah, he is"

He is intentionally picking a fight with the seniors, as if telling them that he can match up with them...

...If there's anything about Ryu that I could say right now when it comes to events, I'd say that he's quite competitive when it comes to it...

Him picking on seniors goes to show how he wants to show dominance at the game...

"...He's reckless..."

"Hahaha, maybe. He may be stupid most of the time, but even I couldn't deny that he's a natural genius when it comes to strategic plays"

As I was saying that, Ryu swiftly kept getting the senior's scarfs one after another...

...

...

...Until all of them got swept out by Ryu's team...

"EVERYONE! CAVALRY BATTLE HAS NOW ENDED! CLASS A-3, THE CHOCOLATE MURDERERS WON!"

'Chocolate Murderers' ? What kind of a team name is that? That guy...

"...I can't believe...he won..."

"He shines the most when it comes to these kinds of events Kana senpai"

"..."

Kana senpai looked like she isn't accepting the fact that Ryu had won, even shaking her head once as if telling herself that she may had been mistaken Ryu for someone else...

...

*****

After Cavalry Battle ended, The Tug of War finally resumed the matches for semi finals and finals. The result wasn't that surprising since most of the students knew that seniors would win right after they saw them. Hence why all of them just went all out and had fun instead, not even worrying about winning or losing at that point...

...

...And right after Tug of War, The Potato Sack Race was held. Just like they said in the paper again, the endurance test that they were talking about was...

...All teams who had participated in the activity, have to work in pairs, crossing through the ice that the Student Council Members had laid out, and make 10 sacks get across to the other side. Since there are four members in each team, it is possible to get 2 sacks to the other side at the same time, which I think is what all teams are thinking...

A representative from our class seems to have something up in their sleeve, which I looked closely to what it would be...

"Eh?"

"...Ho...I didn't even thought of that..."

Indeed, we didn't even thought of that...

The strategy that our class used was both pairs jump in sync, and slightly falling down on purpose to get a boost from the ice itself

"But if they keep going with that kind of strategy..."

"..."

...'That' would likely gonna happen. I guess that's also why no other teams copied what our class did...

...

...Nevertheless, our class' representatives won the Potato Sack Race with a huge lead at it

"...Well...you still won..."

"Yeah..."

But at what cost...?

...

"THAT'S ALL FROM POTATO SACK RACE FOLKS! NEXT UP, WE HAVE THE LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST FOR THIS DAY, THE RELAY RACE! THE FINAL EVENT WILL START RIGHT AFTER 15 MINUTES! STAY TUNED!"

"Its finally that event huh..."

"...Shun..."

"Yeah?"

"...Do you regret not being in this year's relay race...?"

"I've told you before right? I'm fine with it, really"

"..."

Kana senpai thinks that its her fault that I didn't join the relay race, but to be frank, it was my own decision to not join

"Besides, I promised right? Not that the promise is holding me back or anything, but I'm telling you that I did it on my own will"

"..."

That's right...even if someone asks me now to join...I wouldn't...

...Not even if that request came from Ryu, Take, Masa, Yuu...

...

"Shun!!!"

Suddenly, A voice can be heard across the hallway, screaming for my name

"...? Miu...?"

It was Miu, who was panting while running towards us

"...We're you looking for us this whole time...?"

"*Huff*...*Puff*...Yes..."

I instinctively pat her head as she took a deep breath and held my hand that was in her head...

"*Chuckles*..."

She was slowly melting away, while I slowly getting carried away...

...No wait, she wouldn't come here, looking for me for nothing!

"Um...why were you looking for me?"

"Oh! That's right! Its an emergency!"

"?!"

"..."

Emergency? What could possibly had happened...?

...Ryu...

...

...Don't tell me...!

"Shun!"

"I know, lets go!"

"...Yeah..."

Without further ado, the three of us headed out with Miu leading the way, as I kept contemplating on this 'Emergency' in mind...

*****

End of Chapter 4

0