II.1 – Taking the entrance exam
266 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rizzete was bored.

She has been sitting in the same position for almost three hours in the examination room, without anything to do.

'Should've known that if you slow your perception of time to take a middle school entrance level test with your quadruple bachelor level knowledge and exam skill then it wouldn't take so long.'

The test wasn't hard, consisting of mostly math, history, geography, Skill theory and basic magic theory, but it was surprisingly advanced for a modern-ish medival civilization. Rizzete was musing about the technological advances replaced by magical ones when a loud ringing noise reverbed throughout the exam hall.

"Alright children, the time for the theorical portion is up, please turn in your paper. After that, you can find yourselves something to eat and we'll get to the practical portion. Remember to check your name on the candidate list to see where you need to be and when."

She wasn't hungry.

*RUMBLE*

Not at all.

*RUMBLE*

100% not hungry.

*RUMBLE*

'Fine, I'll go buy something.'

She had a Happy Meal look-alike from McDaisy, and it was kinda good. The founder of the chain was an otherworlder. Who would've known...

"Rizzete-cha-"

'SHUT!'

"Shut."

The King was bothering her again about ganging up with Finn to beat up the Fiend Emperor.

"Please! Come with him to defeat the Fiend Emperor! You can have anything! Money, wealth, power, money, free access to the Royal Vault, money, your own mine, mone-"

"No."

'WHY ARE YOU REPEATING MONEY? I ALREADY SAID I DON'T NEED IT!'

"Bu-"

"No.

She teleported away so fast, the timeline folded in on itself and she temporally existed in two places at once. Then she arrived at gym number 26 as per the instruction on the candidate list. Her name was in the middle of the list, so she had some time to look at how others are doing.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

That guy was having his Mana Manipulation tested.

"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

...

"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

How big are his lungs?

"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Rizzete got weirded out, so she walked away.

She waited for her name to be called, and after an agonizing thirty minutes of listening to people screaming to power up, it was finally her turn to take the first test.

It was the Mana Manipulation test.

'I refuse to yell like that.'

Although people didn't usually have the skill itself, it was a regular exercise. But Rizzete was Rizzete and she did brute frorced the skill by making her Detection able to detect Mana by itself and moving it with Telekinesis. THE Exploiter for the win.

She put her hand on the testing crystal and felt the enchantments on it showing some image in her mind.

'Isn't this just The Maze?'

She injected a little of her Mana inside and felt the mental clock started ticking. Her gamer insticnts kicked in and before she knew it she has broken the world record of the fastest to finish the Mana Maze game at 15.274 seconds. Ignoring the gaping students, she went to the next test, the Skill Usage test. She once again needed to wait for the previous candidates since she was too fast with the first test. Another half an hour of her ears bleeding out from all the super saiyan transformation minus the transforming part later, and it was her turn.

"Alright, Rizzete Schutz, twenty si- *COUGH* TWENTY SIX? TWELVE UNCOMMON? TWO ANCIENT? HOW MANY PRIMORDIALS?"

'Ah shit, forgot about that artifact.'

It was a recently approved artifact, enchanted with an improvised Appraisal to collect the information from the Status of others, then sort and display them to a clear crystal.

Many eyes were on her, which was exactly what she didn't like, so she blasted everyone with her Primordial Rank Stealth.

"Where did she go?"

"Did she teleported away? I saw Space Magic on her Status."

"*Insert mob question here*"

"*Insert other mob question here*"

Then she stopped the skill and reappeared in the same spot.

"WOAH!"

"Did you see that?"

She would have got full mark already, but she decided that if they knew, then slap them with everything at once.

Gym 27 was later changed to gym 26.

4