Masked Maiden (1)
4.9k 6 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning.

[Advance Track Detection (50/50): Utilizes chakra awareness in tandem to detect residual chakra signature and follow it. Increases perception of the host by 1 at every level. Increases the range of detection by 3 meters at every level. Reduces chakra consumption by 1℅ at every level. Current Range: 150 Meters. Current Consumption: 50/min.]

This was a technique Kai had to utilize his SP to skip the grind for but it was worth it. The value of grind was beyond just one skill. It was the way of life!

His improvements came in the form of something else entirely.

[Shape Transformation (3/50): Utilizes the ability to control chakra to shape it. Decreases chakra wastage by 0.26℅ at every level.

Next Level: Shape 846/22000 chakra or 14 SP.]

[Chakra Threads (8/10): Shape the chakra into threads that can stick and control objects from a distance.

Next Level: Shape 846/7000 worth of chakra into chakra threads or 5 SP]

[Name: Kai

Age: 6

Title: Konoha Chunin

Gamer Traits: Skill Tree; Sleepless Gamer

Rank: Chunin

Hit Points: 100℅

Stamina: 100/100℅ (21.1/min)

Chakra: 31223.5 (8876→ 8921+250℅) || (892.5/min) (255+250%/min)

Physique: 212/1000

Mental: 247/1000

Perception: 136→ 179/1000

Water: 21/100℅

Wind: 4.8/100℅

Fire: 0/100℅

Earth: 20.6/100℅

Lightning: 0/100℅

Yin: 1.3/100℅

Yang: 0.8/100℅]

[Skill points: 270]

[Wind Nature Transformation (11→ 12/50): Convert chakra extended out of the body into the element of air. Increases the mastery of wind stat by 0.4℅ at every level. Reduces chakra wastage by 0.06℅ at every level.

Next Level: Convert 58/36000 Chakra points or 14 SP.]

[Essence Transformation (3/75): Allows the user to transform into any beast, plant, or item. This skill does not change the weight of the user, chakra reserve, or any other aspect of the user except physical appearance. The body is molded to form the shape of the chakra extended from the user. Chakra consumed reduced by 1℅ at every level. Current Consumption: 47/min.

Next Level: Transform into something new 378/540 times or 25 SP.]

[Reduction of Chakra Wastage: 57.5℅]

While Kai was a little somber now that four out of the five temporary skills were filled, he was quite satisfied with what he had gained in just a night. Shape Transformation unlocked the moment he formed a chakra thread but the grind dictated that he would quickly get the chakra thread done with due to the simple fact that it was more useful. At max level, the thread would disappear from normal eyesight, too, like the woman's display last night.

He looked at the sleeping duo not far from him. Well, he was quite aware that Tsunade was awake. For hours, now. She kept his attention on him while making sure to put herself in the most defenseless position... something she did in war to give others a reason to try and get it done with her and then, give HER a reason to relieve herself by issuing a good beating.

Kai learned from his mistakes and won't fall for that trick again.

Eventually, Tsunade sat up silently with a scowl and glared at Kai, making the boy roll his eyes as he fed the chakra string with his... well, chakra.

"How'd you learn about Chakra Threads?" Tsunade inquired while adjusting the collars of her baggy nighty as Kai plainly described to her about the tailor last night and Tsunade nodded, "Well, it's not just tailoring. Sunagakure uses this technique for puppet ninjutsu. Excellent to practice chakra control, too... and something a little more advanced that we will practice later if possible."

Kai smirked secretly. That knowledge was already at the tips of his fingers, waiting to be unveiled with the grind!

"Anyway, did you two enjoy last night?" Tsunade inquired while Mikoto continued to sleep like a baby after feeling relaxed last night.

"We did... uh, is the mission complete? So? Can we leave now?"

Kai inquired as Tsunade adopted a slightly difficult expression.

"About that... the Uzumaki leader insisted we stay for a few more days."

Kai silently narrowed his eyes. [Chakra Empath] allowed him to sense a broad spectrum of intents and he kept this skill a secret to himself. It was handy, after all. For instance, now. Tsunade just lied, but about what?

Was it the fact that another reason persuaded her to stay or the fact that they weren't staying here at all?

"Oh... alright," Kai nodded, "I'll just train then."

*Poof*

And the next second, he transformed himself into a mattress before reverting into his real form but this was just the beginning. After the eleventh blast of smoke, Mikoto finally woke up with an irritated expression as Kai continued to grind [Essence Transformation] with [Chakra Threads.]

Team Tsunade's morning was quite uneventful. Seeing Kai train with a devilish focus, Mikoto was persuaded enough to start her morning with the grind, too, slowly but eventually stepping on its divine path while Tsunade closed her eyes and meditated. Yet, Kai felt her chakra being fed into the diamond-shaped seal in the middle of her forehead.

Their breakfast was delivered by Ruriko and then their brunch, at Tsunade's insistence, was brought in by Heijo. Yet... Kai and Mikoto noticed that, unlike yesterday, they felt hurried. Pressed. They no longer looked casual.

---

Hiruzen returned to his office and a tired sigh escaped his lips soon after when he saw the elders present and waiting for him.

"What did the Daimyo's envoy convey?" Danzo inquired once Hiruzen got a brief respite as the middle-aged man leaned on his table and stated in a low tone, "Things aren't looking good... the Fire Daimyo just sent the information that Lightning, Water, and Earth Daimyos are blaming Uzushiogakure for their hand in the sudden increase of slave trading and harming their interests. You know, this is related to the sudden increase of Uzumaki Seals among common bandits and such... even the Land of Fire has been quite affected."

Hiruzen's words were met with silence as they already knew all this. "Later reports from my sources confirmed that our ally, Uzushiogakure had nothing to do with this as their trading items were purchased under dubious circumstances and in a large amount. But, the fact remains that the three countries are pressuring the Land of Fire for answers as Uzushiogakure cut off all the communications. Land of Wind would have done the same thing if their temporary allies— Kumo and Iwa— didn't turn on Suna for using a Jinchuriki in war."

Exhaling gently, Hiruzen mustered somewhat tiredly, "Land of Fire is insisting Konoha to cut ties with Uzu but I... feel that is not the right course of action. Uzu is highly fortified and this can be used if—" he continued to add some strategies that would utilize a dormant Uzu but when he was done, Danzo tore all faces.

"The Uzumaki seals were supplied to the bandits and other civilian outlaws not only in Land of Fire but also Land of Lightning, Earth, and Water. This gives the countries a rightful reason to invade the Land of Whirlpools now that the war has begun and the three countries want to suppress Konoha... so that we cannot send support. And this timing only solidifies our concern that the enemy is aware of Mito-sama's death and is only now targeting the Uzumaki openly... is that it?"

His words silenced the room as Hiruzen silently clenched his fists and nodded.

"Then even if you take this to the War Council, let me save you the trouble, in the time of war, the Uzushiogakure has refused to lend a hand of assistance. I WILL move to the motion of ending Konoha's alliance with Uzu and many council members will agree to it. That's just logic. With the three countries prepared to invade Uzu, it will give Konoha a moment of respite and break down Suna. Even if the final decision is in your hand, Sarutobi, even you wouldn't want something bad for the village"

Hiruzen stared at the collected Danzo and shifted his attention to his other two teammates.

"And you two?"

"It is logical and beneficial if Konoha comes out on top," Homura had a downcast expression.

"Hiruzen... it must be done," Koharu uttered.

"Sigh... call the council, it needs to be discussed still."

---

"You should stop increasing the weight of your chakra mesh vest if you're serious about sparring with me," Tsunade popped the gaps in her knuckles as Kai stood in front of her with his frame somewhat slouched while Mikoto was now training to transform herself in various things, too. The idea of transforming into a bird was indeed amazing and but she needed to make up for the lack of knowledge by even more hard work.

The fact that Tsume could easily transform into her ninken only asserted that this idea was possible. But Kai and Mikoto had yet to find a size of transformation that also supported their weights because that's one thing that cannot be transformed.

"I'm always serious," Kai remarked seriously but kept his weights, not only the vest, but wrists and ankle ones, too, on. While the weight on his torso was already around 700 kg while the wrist and ankle weights were purchased just an hour ago. The Uzumaki seal-type weights were the same as his vest but somewhat inferior because his mesh vest was lined with chakra metal processed into fine threads. Still, his wrists were burdened by 200 kg each in the form of a red wrist band, and his ankles bore him down by an additional 400 kg each.

For even an adult genin, this was a back-breaking endeavor, and Kai wouldn't have gone to such extreme weights just yet even if strong enough as it may risk stunting his growth but... god damn, chakra is useful as heck. While this much weight would have receded his height in his previous world, here, it only meant growth!

Pure grind equivalent to high growth!

What a simple but awesome world this is!

Unamused, Tsunade warned again, "I won't go easy... ah, but you knew that. Well, get ready then," she smiled and bent her knees somewhat to make her spine more rooted before she vanished from his view.

*Poof*

*Crack*

The punch instantly tore through the log that Kai had read and transformed into the form of a kunai. Most shinobis would either carry logs with them all day long by transforming them as such since their weights barely meant anything to the strong or they would use seal... Kai did both.

Annoyed by his Body Replacement Jutsu that almost seemed as perfect as the quiet freaks of Anbu, Tsunade snorted and already located Kai barely being able to balance himself after the previous body flicker to escape by predicting her attack.

"There!"

Tsunade grinned, her hand forming a seal for a moment as the ground around her turned into a black swamp that stopped Kai from burrowing into the ground but he wasn't out of options. Jumping was hard with his increased weights but that's where Water Release came in.

[Water Release: Freeze Wave]

[Water Release: Hazy Mist]

Using two C-rank jutsus barely had any impact on his current reserves but bolstered by a freeze wave, the mist grew thicker around Kai while the swamp around him froze and dried, allowing Kai to break free from its grasp with a grunt while sensing Tsunade's excitement and her chakra as she shot into the small world of hazy mist only for something strange to stun him in place. He looked sideways and frowned as the punch broke through his head and with a puff of smoke, tore the poor log, eliciting another annoyed groan.

Flickering towards the deeper section of foliage, Kai looked at the masked woman in white sitting on the branch as her light violet pupils trailed in his direction.

"Hehe," the light giggle echoed as Tsunade stopped in her tracks and grew further frustrated, something that Kai could sense as she was not far from him.

***

Shoutout to Rajesh Bettaswamy!!

Read 30 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

195