Call of Duty (1)
4.9k 4 206
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The teenage Hyuga wearing the Konoha headband on his forehead while garbed in a casual, loose greyish tunic and pants alongside wooden sandals looked at the five children in front of him with his pupil-less lavender pupils revealing a hint of annoyance as he groaned at the fact that he would be called to a public training ground this early in the morning for a test...

"Tsunade-san, was this really necessary? You could have just made it a D-ranked Mission and any Hyuga member could have helped you. Unlike the Sharingan, all our members possess Byakugan, after all." Saying this, he threw the prominent Uchiha Princess a stoic but provoking look as Mikoto scoffed and huffed... but she had no rebuttal for facts.

"Well, I know you and your father. Don't mind me saying this but between you and your wrinkled, paranoid cur of a father, I'd appreciate your feedback on my new jutsu before I decide what to do with it," a childish voice within the center of the group of children spoke as Hizashi Hyuga looked at his former Jonin Leader... a young, almost 6-year-old blonde-haired girl who was remarkably flat, unlike how Hizashi remembered her and her large, amber eyes revealed a level of insistence that even Hizashi couldn't ignore as he sat down cross-legged to give the girl the respect she deserved by matching the level of her gaze.

"I don't mind whatever you call him. The man isn't my father... he's my elder brother's father." Hizashi smiled peacefully but Kai sensed the pure hatred brewing within the man.

Tsunade, entirely a chibi at the moment, shrugged with even Kushina taller than her at the moment. Team Tsunade and Nono looked at Hizashi as he first glanced at Kai with his eyes narrowed, "Did you learn something new after we went our separate ways?"

"Dude, we live in the same village," Kai gave an exasperated sigh while making plans to try and move in a way similar to some of Hyuga's clan techniques and imitate their movement until the skill is formed. Unlike most Ninjutsu and Genjutsu... Taijutsu was just easier to replicate and he was certainly... astounded with what he had gotten from Minato.

'Damn, just when you think the Grind was getting slower... fate opens up a new path. Maybe Hizashi was right, fate does play unfairly and loves me quite a bit~!'

Hizashi shrugged at Kai's reply as the veins around his eyes bulged while the lavender irises concentrated in his eyes to form a likeness of pupils as he gazed at Tsunade while Kai exclaimed from the sidelines, "Beware though, Hizashi likes looking through clothes!"

"What?" Mikoto yelped and covered her privates as Hizashi, despite the annoyance and frustration he felt, revealed himself to be much more reserved as he calmly responded, "I do not find any individual in the village attractive enough to make me fall so low. On a side note... that is something Kai would do had he been blessed by a Byakugan."

"You don't know that," Kai smirked, "Maybe I can create a Jutsu that replicates Byakugan."

"Good luck with that," Hizashi muttered with a hint of amusement. If it was possible, Kekkei Genkai Dojutsu wouldn't be as revered as they are now. He looked at Tsunade for a minute while the group grew silent before he shook his head. The bulging veins on his temples receded as he looked at Tsunade with a clearly intrigued and impressed look, "With enough time, my slightly stronger Byakugan can know the difference between a shadow clone much less a transformation... but your transformation feels like... Orochimaru-san's ability to stretch parts of his body or Jiraiya-san's hair technique."

"Hmm," Tsunade smirked cockily, "And that's how you do it!" She nodded at Hizashi with a smile, "Thanks a lot. Your better Byakugan is the reason why I wanted you to assess it. Hmm... anyway, if you're busy, you can go on about your duties."

"Actually," Hizashi grew somewhat quiet, "I was wondering if I could..." his gaze trailed towards Kushina who grew a bit confused while Tsunade narrowed her eyes, "You know I respect your skills despite your age. But it's better not to pull my apprentices into a political mess. And, even with her heritage, you'd have a better shot of convincing Kai than Kushina."

His eyelids jumped as he looked at Kai who winked in return, "I told you in Ame that I'm the most talented Fuinjutsu practitioner of the village but you wouldn't believe me."

"When did you become that?" Kushina snorted, "I'll be the best!"

"Yeah, sure you will. I'll let you claim that if you ask me nicely enough," Kai shrugged.

Their antics weren't something that interested Hizashi so giving Kai a deep look, he bowed towards Tsunade and left.

"Hmm, now that's that. Come on, it's time for your milk and breakfast." Now that Tsunade didn't sport an intimidating set of artillery and that scowl, Nono towered over the little girl with a sweet smile while adjusting her round-rimmed glasses.

"Oh? Is that it?" Tsunade narrowed her eyes and smirked menacingly... which translated to cuteness on her chubby cheeks.

"Aw, now I can't even call you my Sensei, Tsunade-chan!" Mikoto fussed while Kushina beamed, "Yeah, shorty!"

"Heh, Tsunade-chan... given how you look now... you didn't use iryo-ninjutsu for some underhanded enhancements, right?" Kai chuckled as Tsunade shot the boy a glare before scoffing, "Not quite there yet, squirt! Enough playing around. I'll teach you this technique since it's going to be one of the best ways for you to get familiar with Yang Release. All of you."

---

Chakra can be used in a variety of ways and while iryo-ninjutsu utilized a special charge of yin and yang in chakra to form healing chakra, there are other uses of Yin and Yang releases.

Yin is heavily affiliated with Genjutsu. It is the part of the chakra that represents the spiritual side and is related to the formation of intent in any Jutsu.

Yang is affiliated with anything, not genjutsu. It is instinctively used in almost every jutsu, albeit so minutely that it isn't even considered a separate act. It represents the physical aspect of chakra and is what gives the molded chakra with a specific intent of Jutsu the form the shinobi desires. Again, the Yang charge is so minute and instinctual that it's not even considered a special act...

But there are specific clans that use Yang Release in a more notable physical shift to their bodies.

Specifically— The Akimichi Clan.

There was someone else who had a basic grasp of Yang Release— Jiraiya, and that's why Tsunade had wanted to seek his advice before Minato actually managed to inspire her.

On the other hand, unlike what Hizashi believed, Orchimaru's techniques were related to his adventures when he was younger and some body modification experiments on himself.

Tsunade's technique was a mix of both, actually. She was a medical kunoichi, after all. Her unique twist on Transformation Jutsu was actually the opposite of the Akimichi Clan's technique to increase the size of their bodies to gigantic proportions.

Applying highly Yang Charged Chakra on Transformation Jutsu over her body, Tsunade could not only shift her appearance but also her bone structure and organs yet, she wasn't... bold enough to push through the basic limitations. This technique could easily be weaponized and was almost... forbidden.

"Sensei," Kai smiled which did not reassure her. They were back in her clan compound's training ground with no overt spies about so they could train in peace.

"What?" Tsunade remarked sullenly, almost predicting what he was about to ask.

"Can't we use this technique to shift our bodies completely—"

"You'll die," Tsunade shook her head and looked at her apprentices seriously. She had only explained the surface of the Jutsu but had yet to give a detailed note.

"I'll get to your point in a minute," Tsunade cut Kai off even before he began as she leaned against the tree, "Any organism has trillions of cells and a metaphysical chakra pathway system that is unique to them. This transformation technique really makes use of the body's own cellular data banks to revert our appearances. This means we can always look younger than we are now but not older because the growth itself has not registered. And this being a jutsu means that even if you have transformed into a younger counterpart... that doesn't mean you or your organs won't age."

"In the offhanded chance, you're crazy enough to try and transform into an organism even if another human, whose complete genetic makeup and data are not known to you then your body will show an extreme case of rejection and then... the end," she stared at Kai coldly while speaking, "I know all this because I'm aware what I was doing with this Jutsu. Sure... maybe, with inhuman level research and control you can permanently shift from your human form to something else... then all it would do is get the jutsu categorized as the forbidden one..."

Kai nodded silently. He understood all this and grew quiet.

"Well, while I'm teaching you this, the only way to permanently keep this technique active is by having this seal formed," Tsunade pointed at the purple diamond mark on her forehead, "So train well. This technique can be used in a few situations to escape an opponent if you know how to shroud your chakra."

'Ah, chakra suppressing technique, too... truly, the grind never stops!'

'And there's also the need to begin the remaining nature transformation alongside training with Minato... he did have this amazing but incomplete skill after all.'

[Training Frog Kata (8/10): An inferior version of Frog Kata that optimizes the body's strength and reflexes. Current Stamina Consumption: 0.39℅ (5℅).

Next Level: Perform the stances 11/42 times or 2 SP.]

The reason why Kai was amazed by this technique that Minato showed way back then was due to the tiny piece of tidbit he got about something called Nature Energy... and color him interested. But if even a D-rank technique was merely a preparatory state then Kai needed to take things step-by-step. Besides, trying to form that chakra ball technique with Minato was fun... and profitable enough to postpone D-ranked missions for the time being.

Meanwhile, the very same day, another skill kissed his grind.

[Body Transformation Jutsu (1/20): The ability to shift the state of the body to look naturally younger than the current age by using chakra to compress bones and organs based on the cellular data bank of the body. Reduces the consumption of chakra by 2.5% at every level. Current Consumption: 3200/min.

Next Level: Consume 507/11000 chakra to utilize the skill or 14 SP.]

A B-rank technique... but almost every medical jutsu utilizes too much chakra.

The following days were quite peaceful... well, since they weren't deployed into the Amegakure even after it had opened its borders, this time, the entire Suna War Front shifted into Amegakure making many wonder secretly if Hanzo even cared about the nation he ruled or not. Culling a few rebellious villages, in the eyes of leaders, was an acceptable outcome but letting three Shinobi Village's War Camps settle on one border... made many secretly reevaluate Hanzo the Salamander.

The grind reigned hard and Kai developed himself alongside others. He still hadn't gotten the hang of the technique that Minato wanted to achieve. After all, pure chakra construct easily used chakra amount above 10000 when serious... and that was a hard limit for Kai's and Minato's reserves.

Yet, it seemed that some were destined to end their year with a literal and bloody bang as a platoon was sent into the heart of Amegakure once reports of Hanzo assisting Iwa and Suna were released.

***

Shoutout to Augis and Jean Cadagun!!

Read 30 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

206