Return
4.4k 2 194
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hizashi may not have been deployed with Team Hiruzen but he certainly did get deployed to the War Front, too. He had been better. Still, the benefit of training medical shinobi showed as despite facing different forces, the Konoha War Camp stood strong and it was highly likely that other villages will start focusing on the staple jutsu of Iryo Nin— the mystical palm technique, soon enough.

He activated his Byakugan yet again. No matter the concealment seals, he could see through it all. There was a reason why Byakugan could match Sharingan in usefulness and it wasn't just the fact that every Hyuga member could activate Byakugan.

He stood silently until the entrance of the cavern shifted. It was a triggered entrance, of course. Forcefully opening the entrance would result in the invasive forces suffering from a poisonous bang so... Hizashi waited until the rock shifted to the side to gaze at the grinning youth. Well, boy packed like a youth.

"I could see you grinning like a fool even through the rock and concealment seals," Hizashi commented tersely as he unfurled a pinky-sized scroll that had the Kai's and Sakumo's secret code— Hi, I'm Dad, written on it.

"One of these days I'll develop a seal that can even safeguard against Byakugan. The loveable females of the village are in great danger without it," Kai smirked and crossed his arms. He really liked Hizashi. Most of the time, the twin of the current Hyuga Successor was a no-nonsense guy but unlike the stuck-up white-eyed cunts, the male ones of the clan, that is, Hizashi also possessed an... adequate sense of humor.

So, instead of getting pissed, Hizashi remarked, "I look forward to it. About time someone actually posed a challenge to Byakugan and forced us to get better."

Kai snickered and stepped aside, letting the man enter who had already observed everything about the cave and promptly greeted the... Three Legendary Sannin who survived Hanzo.

"Is it time to leave?" Tsunade burped with the heavy stench of alcohol drifting into the main cavern as she stepped out of the training room. Jiraiya looked equally homeless with his eyelids heavy and almost shutting in over his eyes. Only Orochimaru humored the Hyuga's curiosity by revealing in an amused tone, "We were here for a week. There's only so much time we can spend on meditation, Hizashi-kun."

"I see... and what about these three civilians?"

Hizashi looked at the three kids and chibi. It was at times like these that Tsunade felt gratified for having acted roguishly and scamming away the pair of Rinnegan. Being one of the more prodigious Hyuga, Hizashi was quite the sensor as well and may have just found about Nagato's Rinnegan.

"Tsunade shall be employing them into her household as civilians," Orochimaru smiled and added, "This also means that our return to the War Camp will be slower than usual. I hope you don't mind that."

Hizashi frowned and let out a defeated sigh. If he found Kai troublesome to chat with then Orochimaru was Kai but on low-key steroids.

---

Their return to the War Camp was uneventful. Not many could even detect them and those who did, knew well enough to keep a clear path and probably reported back to their superiors but none wanted to tackle a team of Elite Jonins that had rested enough.

But even if Hizashi reported on the way how Konoha fended itself off against the invasive forces and marked another end to the series of skirmishes that are bound to restart somewhere around three months, the fact that Team Hiruzen was now being called... the Legendary Sannin was outrageous.

"I'll kill Shikudo!" Tsunade growled. The strategy was simple, really.

The Nara Clan Head who also happened to be the Jonin Commander of the Konoha forces spread the news that by keeping Hanzo occupied, Team Hiruzen managed to gain valuable time that allowed White Fang to defeat many enemies and return. With this, the Trio also got the moniker the Legendary Sannin who could battle Hanzo on EQUAL footing.

When the truth was extremely different. Again, this was a simple manipulation of the information to keep the Konoha forces motivated. Every war needs a hero and Shikudo made the Legendary Sannin this war's hero from Konoha's front.

The group eventually reached the Konoha War Camp, somewhat restored, and while Tsunade had Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan settled in her own tent, they were quickly asked to report to the commander's tent alongside Kai.

Nothing really had changed about this War Camp except for who sat on Sakumo's seat now.

Wearing his black hair that grew past his shoulders in a low pony, his face remarkably similar to the Third Hokage, his son, Enma Sarutobi looked at everyone present with a plain, but slightly stern expression. The youth had become like this out of his own experiences. Touching his bearded chin, Enma almost grumbled while looking down at the multitude of reports on his desk, "Sakumo-san, While your decisiveness in retreating from the town helped the camp greatly, it still doesn't change the fact that your mission was only completed partially. Given the nature of the mission, the Hokage is aware that controlling the town came only after securing a safe retreat of Team Hiruzen so, aside from a formal disciplinary lecture by the Hokage, you and the Chunin named Kai shall not face any further consequences."

With that, a notification window popped in front of Kai, and he restrained the urge to groan.

[Earned 60 SP.]

This was his first S-ranked mission and it was clear to him that this was his ticket to becoming a Special Jonin, at the very least... so, fuck Hanzo!

"Chunin Kai, the Hokage asked me to send you his regards. The Hokage suggests that once you return to the village with the Legendary Sannins, you should focus on your growth and make use of the experiences gained from this war."

Kai nodded plainly. With the number of skills that he wanted to grind... this is what he wanted to do himself.

Enma then focused on Team Hiruzen and remarked softly, "The Hokage has approved of your various requests. You may take a leave from your duties once you deposit your reports. That is all."

Orochimaru nodded and took out a scroll prepared beforehand before standing up.

However, things were clear even without any additional words. For instance, Team Hiruzen would be on a long leave. Kai, himself, would learn many skills from Tsunade that are considered legacies left by previous important members of the clan. How much he can learn, according to Tsunade, depended on himself. It was honestly cute.

Finally, with their duties wrapped up in the Land of Rain, Team Hiruzen separated. There wasn't any need to return to Konoha together now that they had already submitted their report with Enma. While Jiraiya left the camp in an hour with eager steps, his destination already known to many, or at least, the nature of his adventure, Orochimaru and Tsunade stayed for a day.

Orochimaru just wished to rest and, under Enma's request, optimize the traps around the camp. Tsunade, however, left the next day after getting affirmation from Enma to bring Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan with her. But... Enma also had other news for her.

---

"So... why am I being included in whatever you chat with your Sensei?" Kai groaned as the group couldn't just travel on foot with the other three in tow. So, even if a giant, three-meter-long wolfish dog casually trotted while dragging the caravan behind, the others could busy themselves within the carriage.

The summon belonged to Sakumo who offered his assistance so that their travel can be largely uneventful, which is good in the world of Shinobi. The large canine has a heightened sense of smell and enough intelligence which allowed it to remember the directions to Konoha by itself without needing any overt supervision from Tsunade.

Tsunade leaned back in her seat. It was early in the morning and still sleepy, the kids quickly cuddled themselves in one mattress while Kai gave them one look of envy. Even he wanted to sleep but Tsunade just kept him up ever since he started working under her.

"Aren't you my Guardian?" Tsunade raised her brow with an amused smirk, "Besides... she revealed herself to you. I wonder what she was thinking... releasing 15 tiled beast bombs. Now Sensei wants to know if I know anything... and I do. So? Advise me, young Legacy Guardian, what should your matriarch do?"

"Wasn't it Interim Matriarch?" Kai tilted his head.

"Irrelevant," Tsunade grinned, clearly enjoying putting Kai to a good use.

"Well... have you even reported my new standing in the Senju Clan to the Third Hokage?" Kai inquired instead.

"That will be my first order of business once we return. And, you will also be granted a personal residence of your liking within the Senju Compound now. Maybe ask Kushina to hop in with you, it would make things less troublesome since she would have people around her who can control her if she goes berserk..." Tsunade hummed. It hadn't happened yet but it was only a matter of when.

'My own place... cool~ I should ask Nono to move in with me... we'd be able to train a lot more and Kushina... ugh, she can annoy Nono then, freeing me of so many duties.'

Kai blinked and nodded before muttering, "Well... the Third Hokage himself concluded that Mito Uzumaki is dead so I don't know who the masked maiden was. As for tailed beast bombs, so many at that, it is highly probable that it was just a Jutsu Sealing Scroll."

"A jutsu sealing scroll that stores Tailed Beast Bombs?" Tsunade narrowed her gaze.

"Jutsu is just chakra molded into a specific shape with specific intent. If chakra can be stored, a jutsu can be, too." Kai grumbled, "I mean, let's be honest. She would beat us up real bad with that bamboo stick of hers if we did something as stupid as snitching... so, as your Guardian—"

Tsunade rolled her eyes when Kai emphasized the fact and his role.

"— I advise you to just feign ignorance. Which is true. We still haven't seen who's behind the mask and we aren't aware of anyone living in Uzushiogakure that is a Jinchuriki..."

But both Kai and Tsunade wondered how Kushina was still a Jinchuriki when there was another redhead who was spamming tailed beast bombs that made a jinchuriki a war deterrent in the first place.

"Anyway, let's start with your training. What would you like to practice?" Tsunade smirked as Kai shook his head, "Uh, not now. I want to train something else first."

And with that, Kai quietly poofed and turned into Cinnamon... but only a single scale was green in color.

This was another grind Kai devised. Cinnamon had a large number of scales so he would color each scale in a single color and then start all over again with another color.

But... Grind is the path of the men! Once he is done painting a single scale, he would start over with two scales with the same colors, different colors, and maybe different colors with varying scales! Cinnamon... was the key to grinding the Essence Transformation Jutsu to perfection! Not only that, each level brings Kai knowledge of various different animals recorded on this planet... which was a source of information unlike any other!

Alongside his [Chakra Emission Control], and [Basic Chakra Storage Seal], Kai could essentially become the best shinobi when it came to scouting and entering places restricted to others. And he did plan to put this ability to good use.

Needless to say, Tsunade didn't have the discipline for the level of grind Kai wanted to attain. She was utterly bored and confused about why Kai kept transforming into different shades of Cinnamon but since she had the time, she painted the nails of her fingers and her toes before taking a quick nap.

Tsunade felt she had to prepare herself. When Jiraiya entered his need for a leave of absence, Tsunade and Orochimaru did the same.

Latter did it to continue his research while Tsunade herself didn't want anything to do with the war after losing a decade of a lifespan, a fact that was made aware to Hiruzen in the reports. This wasn't something that needed to be hidden from her Sensei but Tsunade came to understand that... she had started to keep quite a few things away from the Hokage. It would be considered treason, of course, but Tsunade knew that Konoha was filled with mystery. And now that she would be free from the war... she wanted to take time from the disruption caused by the war to investigate the son of a whore who tried to target her clan.

Of course... she felt she had to mentally prepare herself.

As things are, Tsunade felt a little to spread.

First was Kai. She now had the responsibility to teach him the Legacy and other unimportant skills of the clan, not to mention, to make sure that his talents doesn't go to waste which meant nature transformation training including Yin and Yang. While Tsunade had the right tool for Yin, she was still developing ideas in training Yang Nature Transformation. Besides... she had lost a lot of her fears about Kai and actually looked forward to his growth.

Then came Nono. Tsunade had a responsibility towards the voyeur of a girl to train her into a perfect administrative bitch. Oh, and also her affinity with Yin made her quite geared towards Tsunade's legacy skills.

As for Mikoto and Kushina, Tsunade wasn't that worried. Aside from helping them with the basics, their clan training and inheritance would keep them busy for a long time and Tsunade was aware that even if the two were geniuses, their speed of mastery wasn't even comparable to Kai's.

And now... she had brought another three children. Nagato, of course, would need to request Kushina to learn things from her but the trio would learn well from the academy before Tsunade even decided to teach them or not. But she was already averse to the idea.

She just... had to make sure that the three kids don't mention anything about a weird eye... which would be simple enough with a scare tactic of sorts.

***

Shoutout to Richard, Musakhulu_, CiekawyNick, joao goncalves, MasterClass007, DENSYS BRATANI, and Xolone M!!

Read 30 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

194