Tough Love (3)
4.9k 11 175
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Team Tsunade (Kai), alongside Shikudo Nara, Yata Uchiha, and Denji Aburame is appointed to fill the role of the three elders that had been 'vacated' on such short notice. The need for elders that advised the Hokage has always been great but recent revelations showed how things were starting to lack for the worse and would get even worse if left as such. While Hiruzen would have loved for his former comrades to support him, an investigation of the elders and other clan heads after Danzo's betrayal revealed that the previous elders were no longer fit to claim such roles.

 

But, even this newfound committee had many rules to follow which conformed to the reforms set by Hiruzen after consulting Clan Heads in one single attendance.

 

First, no clan head can fill the role of an elder. This was a given itself.

 

Second, all the elders must retire themselves from any active duty should they wish to take this task and accept no involvement in explicit political matters whether of the shinobi world or the civilian side aside from advising their Hokage.

 

Third, Elders will have a tenure of 10 years itself.

 

Surprisingly, there were no age restrictions and after the tenure of being an Elder is completed, the appointed Shinobi can return to their more gruesome duties. And since there were no rules against a civilian shinobi applying for the position, the entire village was greatly roused. Of course, with this position came some salient features.

 

Being the advisor of Hokage, the elders must move to a different residence secured by Anbu. This did not restrict their movements but it would be foolish of Hiruzen to give someone the authority to suggest the 'Hokage' and not keep their loyalties in check— which wouldn't be to their clans and families but to the village and Hokage alone.

 

Still, the position was lucrative and who wouldn't want more time with the Hokage? Even if the Elders are no longer expected to hold any political sway, their reputation itself will become this 'sway' which was inevitable but to curb it, and reduce the values of elders in a foreseeable future, Hiruzen added the clause of limited tenure.

 

Three elders for the period of multiple decades... or multiple elders in a short period... it was obvious which scenario lessened the 'glorification' of elders.

 

But, the village full of cunning Shinobi shall be damned if they didn't find leeways even now.

 

Sitting alongside Tsunade across Yata, Kyo (His Wife), and Mikoto, Kai couldn't help but smirk. The process of finding an Elder is lengthy so they could have time for a meeting to further their discussion... which annoyed Tsunade quite a bit. It showed on her face as she let out a tired sigh and muttered out loud, "For both of our sake, Yata-san, just set some perfunctory regulations, and let's get their engagement going. It's not helping how Mikoto is taking time out of her training to suck Kai's face... better for them to train at their current age."

 

Yata glared at the unruly Senju Matriarch while Mikoto slightly lowered her head as crimson touched her fair cheeks. It didn't help that Kyo had provided her with fresh sets of protection every day... Mikoto had a drawer full of it by now!

 

"Whatever," even Yata couldn't keep up with pretenses and continued bluntly, "All I ever wanted for Mikoto was to settle with a strong shinobi. Fugaku fit the bill then, and Kai fits the bill now and it certainly helps that she is more comfortable around Kai and the elders of the clan are no longer tying conditions to their marriage aside from a few basic ones... for a small favor."

 

"Team Tsunade consisting of the Senju Matriarch and Uzumaki Successor would vote for the Elder by the name of Yami Uchiha to become one of the Village Elders," Tsunade nodded with a shrug. She was entirely disappointed by her Sensei and was angry at the position of elders itself that gave Danzo the leeway to even think of hunting her clan so she... didn't really give a fuck who filled the position. After all, aside from this Yami Uchiha who was competent enough, there was one from Aburame Clan and finally... the last one to be considered was actually from the Hyuga...

 

Again, of them all, Aburame was the most competent. The Hyuga one was the most driven. And Yami Uchiha was the perfect blend of traditionalism that Shikudo Nara thought that the Village shouldn't dismiss right away.

 

After all, there must be someone in the elders who could think about what other clans expect from the Hokage.

 

Yata nodded with a hum. This worked well for him. The clan had been in a state of unrest ever since Hiruzen showed strength by imprisoning a few Uchiha police officers rightfully. The Elders of the clan demanded some form of action and so did the clansmen. Having one elder booted up to the position of Village Elders would greatly ease this and it also earned Yata his daughter's happiness.

 

"Alright then, pack your stuff!" Tsunade looked at Mikoto who yelped, "W-what, Sensei?"

 

"Indeed," Yata nodded seriously, "Once a woman is engaged, she is expected to be with her lover. Mikoto, pack your stuff."

 

Yet, Mikoto could sense the teasing tone in her father's voice as she stood up with a pout and growled, "I'm done talking to the both of you!"

 

And she left the room quickly with the widest smile as she could barely stop herself from skipping.

 

"Well..." Kai licked his lips, "I should help her pack my— ehm, some stuff."

 

Before he could move, however, Tsunade's hand rested on him while Kyo silently left and Yata observed Kai seriously.

 

"What?" Kai inquired as Tsunade took a deep breath and stated calmly, "Well, one of the 'conditions' for your marriage, in exchange for not having any seals on Mikoto is also for the Uchiha Patriarch here to thoroughly examine your strength. Again, it's bullshit but Yata thinks he would rather fight you than me. Believe me, I offered to be your proxy to see how strong an Uchiha really is."

 

Kai blinked and then looked at Yata.

 

"Are you sure... you would spar with me rather than her?" He inquired with a touch of... concern as Yata frowned.

 

At this moment, Kai had a great reserve of chakra with only Elite Jonins and higher surpassing that mark. Sure, Yata was an elite with a chakra reserve estimated to be somewhere near 190,000, somewhat higher than Sakumo, but that's where the difference ended. Kai did not believe Yata to be more skilled... or more predatory than Sakumo. Not to mention the fact that Sakumo's chakra was still on the rise ever since he'd gotten a long leave to accompany his son after the recent passing of his wife.

 

And with his skills... Kai wasn't really fearful of Yata or the repercussions of defeating a clan head. What? Danzo wasn't about to run his mouth now and say how dangerous Kai was...

 

"Am I sensing condescension?" Yata narrowed his eyes, "It would seem like just how the Hokage showered the village with tough love, you are in for such a treat, too."

 

However... Kai found no reason to waste his valuable time on Yata or his fatherly ego. Standing up, Kai frowned and stated with an utterly righteous expression, "Father-in-law, if I make such concession for you... I would be fighting many other fathers in the future, too. Oh, well, your daughter awaits your son-in-law to show her some good techniques... to effectively pack her belongings."

 

And with that, Kai flickered away from the open room as Yata rolled his eyes and looked at Tsunade with a hint of accusation in his glare as he demanded, "You still didn't curb his foolish 'dream'?"

 

Pouring herself tea, Tsunade smiled, "It sounded foolish until he didn't become a Jonin at the age of ten... And as he said, if he fights every needy father-in-law, when will he shower his fiancees the attention they deserve? Oh, by the way, the gates of Senju Compound are always open to let you see your grandkids."

 

Yata only had a snort to offer for Tsunade's words. Still, things wouldn't have been so simple if Yata didn't agree to a marriage in the first place despite his concerns, and the envy Kai noted, for the boy's dream.

 

---

 

The Village may consider the appointment of Yami Uchiha, Ane Aburame, and Hizashi Hyuga as the advisors of the Hokage as a situation worthy of discussion but in the Senju Compound, in one particular two-storied traditional wooden house with a small pond surrounded by a sturdy fence, the arrival of a new member was celebrated.

 

Anything less than a marriage, and that too, between two influential individuals, is not really celebrated grandly. Mikoto's and Kai's engagement was a private affair witnessed by Yata, Kyo, and Tsunade.

 

The rest waited in Kai's Pad.

 

Despite the intimate celebration, Kai admitted that the first few days were rocky. First and foremost, Mikoto was forced to realize that Kai truly had others beside her but he never hid that from the beginning. If anything, it only helped that Mikoto knew them, or at least, Kai was quite honest about them despite things being quite ambiguous for a few, most notably— Tsume.

 

But that wasn't Mikoto's problem.

 

It was Kai and Kushina.

 

The moment Mikoto entered the bed, the two... almost strangled her by the morning, and by gods how Kushina almost suffocated Mikoto by pressing the Uchiha's face into her budding perky, growing breasts and Kai rubbed that massive erection against her.

 

Mikoto realized that aside from Nono... nobody was really 'Chill' in this house.

 

So, Mikoto wished for some ground rules which, Kai realized, was quite the basic stuff. Since Kushina refused to easily give up on her sleeping rights with Kai, even Mikoto took a step back and decided that they must start slowly. Well, she did feel more responsible for everyone since Mikoto happened to be the oldest in the bunch. Yet... things only got 'worse' when Kai happily entered the bath with Kushina... and as THE Fiancee, Mikoto entered after them quickly...

 

Mikoto already felt quite... out of her depths but again, all she needed was time. With Kai's priorities shifting now that he had shadow clones, he managed to stay on top of Mikoto and Kushina... figuratively. But one thing that absolutely made Kai annoyed was Mikoto's insistence on letting him grow into a proper adult before taking a step further...

 

But!

 

Her arguments almost felt like a moot point when Kai easily compared himself to other kids his age. His physical growth, through the sheer virtue of grind, even surpassed teenagers like Minato. If anything, he could be compared to a 16-year-old teen at this point.

 

However, Mikoto also raised a good point. While she was comfortable around Kai and saw him as a lover, she did feel uncomfortable at the thought of laying with someone too young. In fact, both Kai and Mikoto understood that the only reason why their 'mojo' was even possible was entirely due to Kai's insane growth!

 

Let no one state that the path of Grind did not part many doors and lips!

 

***

 

Shoutout to Asriels, josh edvik, Jario Enrique Quevedo, Eddy Yeung, Eddie Araneta, Kalsted, Rokatsa, and Anego!!

 

Read 30 advance chapters here—

 

Patreon.com/Fanharem

 

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

 

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

175