Perfect Vacation (8)
3.2k 9 139
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kai did not teleport over to Sakumo. He hadn't got the chance to leave a print of his formula seal on the Elite Jonin but now he did while still holding the weird but interesting freak midair who was scowling a great deal while glaring at Kai. Before the man could actually lay down a carpet of verbal hell, Sakumo's figure flashed without missing a beat, the man's pupils physically dilated as if a beast on a hunt and he decapitated the freak with another swing of his blade.

However, instead of sheathing his blade, Sakumo silently gazed at the head that fell on the ground and uttered a quiet 'ow'... who stared back in return.

It was only Kai's voice that broke Sakumo out of his 'hunting' mode as the youth observed, "While he is... truly a freak, his brain is needed to control the rest of the body. If there are still such basic biological needs, then there is a chance of unraveling this... and the dog upstairs."

Sakumo finally tore his gaze away when the 'head' remarked with scorn, "Only Jashin-sama can make me reveal the truth! But... well done, Jashin-sama will be pleased with my current condition."

"Just shut the fuck up, freak!"

Tsume barked as she was still freaked out and kicked the dude's head into the nearest wall.

"How is he alive..." Minato had also been given the fright of his life as Sakumo narrowed his eyes and calmed his nerves in an instant that had been strained at the thought of a disaster this would have turned into if Kai wasn't present.

"We'll observe that later. Our mission isn't to think about this man. Minato, you'll be sealing the man's body into a scroll, and Tsume, you will keep the head..." Turning to Kai, the man questioned, "How long would it take for you to get things done?"

Knowing well what Sakumo meant, Kai took out the octopus mask with large round eyes and trollish, curved mouth he had been carrying under his clothes and donned the red, prestigious article.

"What are you doing?" Sakumo frowned and Kai's reply only gave way to an exasperated sigh from the White Fang.

"Making name for myself, what else, Sakumo-san. Anyway, give me twenty minutes. Only three would live since that's the sweet spot for confirmation of the fact on who wrecked them."

Adopting a wry grin as if he wasn't at death's door moments ago, something that was a crucial part of the job, Sakumo shook his head, "Lord Third won't like it... but I do owe you one and I suppose... I wouldn't have been able to stop you while dealing with someone who can speak even after getting his head cut off."

Not needing to hear anything else, the burly youth with a funny red octopus mask disappeared from their view.

---

The evacuation protocol, being a necessity, was well-practiced by the Kumo Shinobi. Strong as they might be, the shinobi were to be expected to work at the discretion of the leader of the facility. As such, when the order of evacuation and elimination of the researchers, no matter how inept they were in their work actually had been brought here, the Kumo Nin had no choice but to follow the commands of the prestigious and most mighty Code Corp of Kumo led by their Raikage— A.

The group left and knowing the entire layout of the facility, they began to start the process of elimination and storing of the paltry data these men may have collected.

Once they did just that, removing every trace of life from these men while a small troop branched out to contain the immobile Cerberus into a metal container, the troop of 13 Kumo Shinobi, four of whom were most definitely Jonins, reached the top layer of the facility.

The '14'th member, a masked youth who stood behind all as if completely unnoticeable to everyone around him unless they actually saw him, continued to follow the troop loyally as four of the muscular shinobi steered the metal container on a giant wheeled carrier. Finally, these fourteen reached the exit of the facility and one of them moved out to unseal the entrance of the facility which was not far from the village they were developed under. Kai noticed a large number of explosive seals surrounding the top layer that would most likely destroy the village and cause the facility to be a mess of a crater.

Now... the benevolent Kai could not see the massacre of so many innocents...

"Pss, big brother, do you have a family?" The masked youth finally leaned over and whispered in a tone so soothing and calming that the nearest Kumo nin— a rather portly-looking dark-skinned individual with brown-red hair hummed and nodded, "Well, yeah," he looked back only to have his eyes almost pop out his skull as he stared into the wide-eyed red octopus mask with tube-like mouth stretching up in a curve menacingly chuckling, "Not anymore."

A greyish claw separated the man's head and when others turned at the sound of it, the greyish figure whizzed past them and only the four jonin had enough time to react to it since the intruder targetted their lower-ranked shinobi first.

Growls left their throats instantly, their eyes were red as they saw their friends and comrades scattered all around the entrance and the Jonin who was unsealing the entrance had to stop in his tracks. Kai couldn't really blame them. He was equally 'frantic' to save Kushina just a few days ago. But empathy never meant pity. As such, Kai was quick to introduce himself before his favorite type of mask could cause a burden to his fame.

"Call me the Dragon Sage better than the Three Sannin collectively, cause I'm here to serve you all some due Konoha Justice," Kai felt the name was apt given his Sage Transformation and even his mask was 'funny', Kai chose it specifically because... in times of terror and bloodshed, what should be 'funny' ALWAYS turn into something dreadful. Another example— Clown's Mask. As expected, the four Kumo nin had no drastic reaction. If anything, they looked even more serious and simply remembered the name.

With what this Dragon Sage had revealed... his physical parameters were off the charts when compared to a regular, newly promoted average Jonin. They would know because out of the four, only one of them was an experienced Jonin but not an elite, and right now, he had discreetly given a signal to not engage with the attacker recklessly.

Meanwhile, in the middle was the large container that held Cerberus whose muffled growls still echoed through the box.

Surprising others, the jovial tone under the mask grew ever so deep as the 'Dragon Sage' stated darkly, "I still haven't heard you saying my name."

With that, a clone that was as tiny as an ant using [Ultimate Calorie Control] to compact its size had arrived behind the Jonin with the highest and the calmest chakra capacity. With the original giving the hint, without increasing its size, the clone threw a volley of Explosive Senbon Clones that may as well be grains of dust for the Jonin but the moment these 'grains' of metal stabbed the man in the back of his head, they exploded into quiet *pat* *pat* noises that blew apart the back of the man's head into gory bits.

*Thud*

The remaining trio felt a chill pass through the back of their heads as they were simply unable to comprehend what had happened.

Enjoying their fear more than Kai would admit, he remarked in a dark tone, "Say my name."

Yet, the trio suddenly moved to flank him only for the clone behind them to increase in size at a tremendous speed and trip the nearest and the only kunoichi by stretching his leg and promptly caving her head in with an ax kick from his heel.

The attack was too sudden, like everything that has been until now, and Kai easily grabbed the wrist of the Kenjutsu using fool. At the moment, Kai had a mountain of knowledge on Kenjutsu in the form of every sword practice known in Konoha...

Seeing through a few Kenjutsu of different villages was as easy as slapping a mosquito out of existence. Correction: Slapping a mosquito is harder.

The next second, Kai, snapped the man's neck and looked at the only Shinobi that had been the most 'receptive' to his demonstration since the beginning and revealed appropriate fear even if he didn't show it.

With two Octopus Masks staring him down, both of them stated in a unified tone, "Say my name."

"D-Dragon Sage!" The Kumo Nin gasped as Kai dispelled the clone and continued to stare at the shinobi before eventually commenting, "You're goddamn, right."

Surprising the Kumo nin further, Kai unsealed the entrance in less than four seconds when it should have taken them two minutes in total.

"Get the fuck out of here. I'm about to raid that village in 30 Seconds."

"What?" From letting him live to even warning him, the shinobi could not believe his ears. Meanwhile, Kai paid the man no attention and looked outside, staring at the two stunned individuals. One dark-skinned with grey hair and the other one being a fair-skinned blonde.

"29... 28... 27..."

He began counting and not even trying to surprise attack the Dragon Sage claiming himself to be stronger than Konoha's War Hero, the Shinobi rushed past him and didn't even stop to give a full report to the two individuals not far from the entrance. But whatever he said was surely effective as the duo grew somber and shocked but eventually decided to retreat.

---

"Well, you certainly had fun... Dragon Sage..." Sakumo handed Kai a thin and small booklet as they were returning to Konoha. Their mission had been... 'fruitful'. Sealing the giant container with Cerberus wasn't that hard despite it being a living being inside once the beast was dozed with sleep and paralysis poison. After all, if one masked maiden had already done this so there shouldn't be any doubt that another masked youth would, too.

Sakumo had just returned from the most recent bounty collection spot, also known as Bingo Spot, since he was pretty sure that Kai's act and boisterous claims that he explained in great detail would most definitely earn him a mean bounty from Kumo. The Bingo Spots collectively ruled and operated by the Daimyos, have one of the most complete collections of bounties.

As such, Kai eagerly held a copy of it while Tsume and Minato curiously looked over his shoulders. Flipping through the bingo book, Kai found Sakumo's bounty soon enough.

A whopping 50 Million Ryo was placed by Sunagakure since the man was quite literally a menace there while 29 Million Ryo was placed by Iwagakure who also demanded his Sakumo's body intact. Of course, if it was Kai, he would hand over the body to Iwa since he sincerely doubted that Suna even had that much money to afford for a corpse given their current condition.

Then they saw the three Sannin, and Kai had to say that 'masculinity' did not favor Orochi as she really rocked those assets currently. Still, the bounty on the three Sannins was placed by Kumo and Iwa.

Tsunade, better known as the Slug Princess in the bounty, had a bounty of 21 Million. The bingo book described her astonishing chakra reserves, unreasonable strength gained from her lineage, and the fact that she was Hashirama Senju's granddaughter made her a 'big deal' in the Shinobi World. Iwa's and Kumo's bounty were the same for her dead body and if captured alive, they would double it.

Then came the so-called Toad Sage Jiraiya. His bounty was 14 Million. Too little, in Kai's eyes, if the fact that he could use Sage Mode was true. The man was a Kage-level threat in his own right and the only reason why Jiraiya was even regarded as such came from the information on the battle of Hanzo against the Three Sannin. Summoning techniques, a string of jutsu that alleviate the effects when used together, and other dastardly tactics. But Jiraiya had no need 'alive'.

Orochimaru was regarded a lot less. In the battle against Hanzo, Orochi's summon would not listen to him. Although his skills and already renowned and strange substitution technique was known by Iwa and Kumo, HIS bounty was the least. A mere 10 million. Kai knew it for a fact that HER bounty would easily be seven or eight times that at the moment.

While Jonins would have more bounty than that, especially those considered heroes in war, Iwa and Kumo were distinctly aware that this title was given to them by Hanzo out of his pittance. They may have the potential to actually reach the level of war heroes, but for now, that was it.

Finally, after looking over Hiruzen's bounty which was settled at over 67 million, a little short of greatness, and titled under Professor, Kai flipped through his own bounty.

A sketch of him wearing an octopus mask and his hands turned into claws was depicted under the moniker— Dragon of Konoha.

'Fuck!'

Kai scowled. He wanted Dragon Sage but clearly, one of the hands in Bingo Spot, the Daimyo of Fire Nation, and Hiruzen himself wanted Konoha to be feared simultaneously.

"Woah!" Minato and Tsume gasped at the same time while Kuromaru looked at the book questioningly, not understanding its greatness.

— Dragon of Konoha, self-acclaimed Dragon Sage stronger than the Legendary Three Sannin. Notable acts— Destruction of a peace-keeping Kumo Facility in Land of Hot Water where he killed more than 90 Shinobi from Kumo, leaving exactly three alive and not out of chance. Ability— Elite Jonin. Threat level: High. If encountered, take caution of heightened Tai Jutsu and body modification Jutsu that provides claws sharper than blades.

Current Bounty— Dead or Alive.

Kumogakure: 20 Million.—

Kai's bad mood disappeared until he got to the end of it and he smirked happily. Claiming to be stronger than the Sannins AND showing his strength actually worked. Not to mention the fact, that Team Sakumo did steal valuable 'research' materials.

"Hmm... do tell me about your bounty... I could have looked over your shoulder if possible but as you can see... I'm headless. And if I may suggest, do eat a little meat. Your waist and hips are all bones. Might I suggest Jashin-sama's perfect cannibalistic diet?"

A calm and peaceful tone made Tsume scowl as she smacked the head tied to her waist while Kuromaru bit on the base of the headless man's... head with practiced ease.

Another thing.

They had a temporary, Jashin-crazed headless addition to the team. Lightweight carriage, really.

***

Shoutout to Ulesys, j n, No Title, and Judd!!

Read 30 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

139