Chapter 7
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had only been a day since I came to the Inoue Household. Sora unfortunately had to go into work today. He had taken a two-week accent from his job to look after me in the hospital. Fortunately, he had cooked breakfast for Orihime and I before he left. I walked into the kitchen, taking a plate of eggs, and what looked to be a crisp, brown bacon. This was not normal Japanese food, and a smile blossomed on my face at that thought.

Sora had made it for me. It was nice to have someone to care about you, even if it wasn’t your own parents. I paused as I began to grab a fork, as the memory of last night played back in my head. My face burned with slight embarrassment, as I realized that I had cried in someone's arms.

I brought the plate to the living room and began eating. For the next two minutes, the room was filled with the Clack-clack of the metal spoon, as I was spearing the eggs. I was nearly finished with the plate when Orihime came in. She looked frizzled, her hair in disarray. She walked right past me, not even noticing me before going to the kitchen, picking up a slice of bacon and munching on it.

Then she poured herself some Orange juice, but it took her another shot of the stuff to fully wake up. When she did, it was a pretty funny sight to see. Her eyes went wide, her face red. And then an “eep!” erupted from her mouth! She ran away, to her room, her face covered by her hands. ‘She was so adorable’ was the thought that came to my head as I watched the scene, smirking.

The young Orihime was really cute, a bit less of an absentminded girl, but I could see the similarities to her older self. I went outside, and began to walk around, looking at the place that was now my home. I had just been walking, stopping at an intersection, when a pretty lady in a grey car waved at me at the stop light as I passed her. She was quite beautiful with her orange hair and her warm brown eyes. I waved back with a smile, before I kept walking. 


I walked past a dojo, and suddenly began to hear the cries of a child. I peeked past the dojo doors, slightly opening them, with the sound of creaking wood accompanying it. “Come on., stop crying, Ichigo!”. A black haired tomboy said to an Orange haired boy crying with his hands rubbing at his eyes. These had to be the younger sleeves of Ichigo Kurosaki and Tatsuki Arisawa!

They both were pretty adorable, having that pudgy baby fat and the cute innocence that only a child could have. Well, Ichigo’s was ruined by the loud noise that he was making and the tears streaming down his face. I closed the door and began to walk away from the dojo, when I caught a glimpse of a grey car. It looked like the same one that I saw two blocks ago.

The woman left her car, her long orange hair fluttering in the breeze. At that moment, she looked even more beautiful than I had thought. She walked past me, taking advantage of my head and her height to tussle my hair with a hand and to smile at me before walking into the dojo, with a determined face. She picked up Ichigo, a beautiful, radiant smile on her face. That had to be Masaki Kurosaki, Ichigo’s Mom!

Her arms wrapped around him, and he stopped crying, looking at her and an instant smile coming across his face. He hugged her saying, “Mom!”, with such Joy in his words, and snuggled into her warmth. Wow! She truly was `the light of his life, his first love. He knew it was her from just her touching him, wrapping her arms around him.

I walked away from the dojo, taking one last glance at the mom and son, slightly jealous. I would never have that. Would never see my mom or my dad again for them to give me that level of care. I would never feel their warm hugs as they wrapped their arms around me and let me know immediately with that touch that everything would be alright.

I had only been at the end of the block when I stopped and remembered the single time in the anime where I had seen that scene before, It was just when… I immediately turn and ran after them. Today was the day that Masaki Kurasaki died, unable to protect herself from the hollow due to Yhwach taking her powers, and sacrificing herself for Ichigo. I could not let this happen!

2