chapter 2
113 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I marveled at the man’s looks. Tv was really close to his looks. “Huh, that Fox show really got your looks right.”

He smiled, his eyes flashing red, “Well, we all have our dopplegangers.” I wouldn’t know the significance of what he said until after the contract was made.

“So, what do you want me to call you?” I asked him, confused about who exactly he was. Was this the demon man that would screw me over and not make good on the deal or was it the DC Lucifer, who would do the deal and be good on his word?

“You may call me Lucifer.” He said, bowing. This man was really flamboyant. I haven’t seen anyone bow, apart from tv shows, his Tv show.

“Wow, they even got the gentlemaness correct. Huh, art really does imitate life.” I murmured to myself. The tv show was really a good source of info about him.

“So, would you give up your humanity and make a deal with me if I resurrect your mother and father?” I turned around and looked at my dad. I remembered the first time that we went to an mma match, and he got into a fight with another guy because he tried to hit me when I said that John Cena would easily beat Triple H. My dad was arrested for that, but he was let out. We had great lawyers.

I glanced at my mother and remembered all of the times that she held me when I was sick or was in pain from a toothache. She cared for me at all times. I looked at the burn mark that she had on her arm. She had got that when I was 9. I was playing around with the stove and when she pulled my hand away from the fire, she had been burned instead of me.

Was I really going to give up my humanity, my life to ensure that they were alive? I know that they wouldn’t want me to give up what they gave me, to sacrifice myself, even if it would save them. I turned to look at Lucifer, “Could you ensure that I would not be unhappy or that you aren’t tricking me?” I asked him, untrustful of the former angel that was called ‘Prince of Lies’

He frowned at me, his eyes filling with a red, the same color as blood. “I could feel the room getting cold, causing me to shiver. “I can’t ensure your happiness, humans will being what it is but… I would invite you not to question my honor. It would be beneficial for you not to doubt me. It would not end well for you.”

I looked away from him, from his eyes. Would he kill me for doubting him? Would my parents stay dad? The room warmed up and his eyes returned to their more comforting sky blue. “The only thing that I can promise you is that your life will be filled with adventure, and you will know more love than most people have in their entire lives. That Tv show named after me had a lot of mistakes and untrue statements, but I do absolutely despise lies. Michael lied to me, and I was cast from heaven, away from my angelic brothers and sisters.”

The Bible did get it wrong! I was always confused on why God would ask his children to bow to his other children. It was odd that he would do so, if his whole bag was free will and love. It was a dick move.

Lucifer smirked, seeing the contemplative look on my face. “Did you really think that the Almighty Pops would tell us to submit ourselves to a highly inferior race?” He asked, hovering over me. His tall form seemed to overshadow me. “Hah, the old man treated us all as equals. It was my brother, Mi-Ka-el, that made up that Bible, humans first, malarkey. Most of it was a perversion of the truth, besides some commandments and some stories. That burning bush was a really fun night out with Maze.

I looked at him in confusion and disbelief. “So, thousands of years and no one spotted the lies? That doesn’t seem right.”

Lucifer’s face deadpanned, “God has not been in this particular universe in over 10 millennia in earth years. Since then, Mikael has been in control of Heaven as his second command, after I was banished by Pops.”

Wow, history was really more complicated than I thought, and humanity was a lot more gullible! “He really hated you enough to get you kicked out of Heaven?” I asked, confused. What would make someone hate you enough to get you kicked out of paradise?

The Fallen Angel smiled darkly, his eyes burning red. “He should. I neutered him after all. But we are getting away from the question that you asked. I give you my word that as a result of this deal, you will achieve true happiness.” I took a deep breath and said, “I agree to the deal.”

Lucifer put out his hand, a black glow surrounding his hand. I put my hand in his and shook it. The black glow spread from his hand to the ground, and then to the bed. It was enveloping my parents! The black energy glowed around them for a moment before I saw their eyes move and my father’s form beginning to resemble what he used to look like before Covid had gutted him.

The energy formed a line to me and wrapped around me like a blanket. At that moment the deal struck. When I next opened my eyes, expecting to be in the same room as my parents as they looked at me in fear, I was shocked to be in a hospital. The beep beep of the hospital machine cluing me in.

Was the deal with Lucifer real? Had I been the one who was sick? Was the entire thing just a fever dream? Covid was face?! I asked myself, smiling. I looked around for a mirror, feeling weird in my own body. Has whatever put me to sleep made me lose my gains from the gym? I saw one above the sink.

I removed the needle from my arm, gritting my teeth in pain as it left my skin. My hands looked smaller and my fingernails cleaner. I removed the thin blanket from my body and walked over to the mirror. I felt different. I was shorter but stronger, thicker, less loose in my skin, but I also felt… primal, more animal. When I looked into the mirror, I didn’t see my face or what I knew my face to look like. What the hell was going on?!

3