133. Spirit Empire’s Onslaught
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Ru Shenqi returned to Spirit Empire's encampment, she walked among her soldiers. They all bowed respectfully.

"Your Majesty!"

Her eyes sharpened with determination. "Soon, we will show the Heaven Dou and Star Luo Empires the true meaning of strength."

Cheers ran up from the soldiers and the seven clans. The Golden Generation came out from their meeting tent upon hearing the commotion. They saw the Supreme Pontiff staff raised high in the air.

"Spirit Empire will win!"

The crowd of people parted, and Ru Shenqi laid eyes on the three. She smiled.

"Mentor, Elders, come with me to find the Seven Flamens. It's time we prepared a true assault on the joint army camp and the Ocean spirit masters."

She gave a silent apology to her friends, family, and teachers before leading the Golden Generation away. The four person party finally found the Seven Flamens fuming at the forest's edge.

"Flamens, instead of brooding, why don't we unleash the full power of Spirit Empire? Let's show the Star Luo Emperor and Emperor Xue Beng that there can only be one ruling party on Douluo Continent: Spirit Empire."

They nodded, and all of them went back to discuss a battle plan.

<><><>

Three days later, all of the agility attack spirit masters from Spirit Empire infiltrated the joint army camp. Hu Liena, as Head Flamen, would lead the other seven Flamens and the seven clans in a full frontal attack. Xie Yue and Yan would lead the soldiers and remaining spirit masters of Spirit Empire to surround the camp from behind. Ru Shenqi would go distract the Shrek Seven Devils and Shrek Six Tyrants.

Using the plan as an excuse, she teleported away from Spirit Empire's camp and reappeared in front of the conversing Seven Devils. They looked up, momentarily stunned, before breathing a sigh of relief.

"Xiao Shen, it's you."

Her dead gaze reflected back at them. "You shouldn't be happy to see me."

"Huh? Xiao Shen, what's wrong?" Xiao Wu asked.

"Laoshi, my appearance here means Spirit Empire has made its move. I convinced the Golden Generation and the Seven Flamens to show Spirit Empire's true might. Sect Leader, this may be your only chance to see the full Spirit Empire. Which means, after this, I cannot help you much. The strategy to defeating Hu Liena and the others for good this time will have to fall on you guys."

"Xiao Shen, you've already done more than enough," Tang San said as he stood. "Thank you for this opportunity."

She nodded slowly. "If it wasn't for Shrek Academy, I don't think I would've become a God so young. I also have Shrek Academy to thanks for my friends, seniors, and teachers. My heart will always belong to Shrek Academy."

An explosive resounded from the back, and she knew.

It's time.

The Shrek Seven Devils whipped around. "What was that?"

"I'm afraid that's Elder Xie Yue and Elder Yan. I'm sorry, Seniors. But I can't let you all go."

Her eyes flashed silver-white, and her spirit rings and Divine God Rings descended around her. The chilling aura of death that she had cultivated for days now unleashed, immediately slowing the Shrek Seven Devils' movements.

"Darkness clouds the sky. Misery clouds the mind. Realm of Sorrowful Souls!"

Her divine domain launched. She covered the entire battlefield with it, hindering the joint army while empowering Spirit Empire's. Just then, six figures dashed over.

"Xiao Shen!"

Her head turned, sharply. Her third spirit ring lit up. In a cold, dead tone, she said, "Third spirit skill, secondary ability: Clear Crystal Wall."

She blocked her friends from approaching any further. They looked at her with pained expressions.

"Xiao Shen!"

She swallowed, knowing that what she was going to do next would break her seniors and friends' hearts. But, Hu Liena had given her permission to do it. Ru Shenqi closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Everyone, from now on, just hate me.

Her fourth Divine God Ring lit up. "Fourth divine skill, Eightfold Soul Samsara!"

She rose up into the air, and the skies turned purple.

"Human suffering is a feast to me. Resentment turns into the scythe's gleam, tearing apart all beings. Prison of Rakshasa!"

Soon, the whole battlefield was double-doused in a chilly atmosphere. Pinkish-purple flowers blossomed all over.

Horror filled the eyes of the Shrek Seven Devils and the Shrek Six Tyrants.

"Divine skill, Calamity Curse Annihilation!"

The manifestation of resentment and malevolent auras shot towards the alumni of Shrek Academy. The thirteen people dodged out of the way. Tang San and Xiao Wu instant joined to use the Coexistence of Two Gods spirit fusion skill. As such, the Asura Killing God Realm vied for supremacy with the Prison of Rakshasa.

Explosions of spirit skills echoed from the front of the joint army camp. Tang San and Xiao Wu instantly frowned.

"Xiao Shen, you organized a surrounding attack?"

"That's right. Have fun, Seniors."

She instantly withdrew the Rakshasa God's skills and returned to her own. The black jade flute appeared in her hand, and she raised it to her lips. Ru Shenqi's sixth Divine God Ring lit up.

"Sixth divine skill,  Requiem of Souls!"

She began to play her tune, which cause great sorrows to blossom in everyone's hearts. But Tang San, Xiao Wu, Oscar, Ning Rongrong, and Gu Xingyun, who had all overcome their greatest sorrows, weren't as affected. She looked her seniors in the eye.

Sect Leader, Laoshi, Seniors, go scope out the battlefield. Hu Liena can't expect me to hold you all off forever. Go, and gain a sense of Spirit Empire's full might. This is the last thing Xiao Shen can actively do for you all.

Xiao Shen, Tang San replied. Thank you.

The four Seniors took off, and her song came to an end. Dai Mubai and Zhu Zhuqing joined to create their White Tiger of Netherworld spirit fusion skill. Ma Hongjun launched his seventh spirit skill, entering into the spirit avatar state. Gu Xingyun summoned the God of Storms' Lightning Spear. Ming Yong's fingers rested gently on his gilded divine strings. The other Tyrants all launched their seventh spirit skills also. A now eighty ninth ranked Fang Youyou sent lotus petals out, accurately assisting his friends. Seeing this, Ru Shenqi silently bemoaned her luck in her heart.

Why did Hu Liena have to make me Supreme Pontiff?

She sighed and said, "Do you still want to end Spirit Empire? I'm its Supreme Pontiff. Come at me."

But no one made a move. She knew it instantly.

They won't hurt me. They'd never intentionally hurt me. Fine, I guess I'll have to be the bad guy. For the fall of Spirit Empire, I'll risk it all.

Rising up into the sky, Ru Shenqi's seventh spirit ring lit up a brilliant red. "Seventh spirit skill, Clear Crystal Eyes Spirit Avatar!"

After protecting herself from mental and physical attacks, she closed her eyes and drew on the aura of death from the entire expanse of the battlefield. The wisps floated to her, and she absorbed it all, curling into a ball in the air.

"Xiao Shen!" her friends cried in dismay.

From the different sides of the battlefield, the members of Spirit Empire saw the wispy aura rise up from the dead and stream towards the center of the joint army camp. When Ru Shenqi had absorbed all of the aura, her irises faded from their icy blue back to the light grey they had been in her mind's sea. As her vision failed, she swallowed, knowing this was her only chance of stalling her friends.

She gave a cry and straightened. The aura of death surged from her.

"Realm of Sorrowful Souls, evolved skill: Ghostly Touch!"

Her Quasi-God King powers exploded. Her friends and Seniors raised an arm to block their faces. After lowering their arms, they saw she was completely translucent. But what they didn't know was that she had shed her physical form and only her soul floated in front of them now. Her expression was dead, and no light reflected in her eyes. But her power had grown with a one hundred percent increase in attributes. No person under God level would be able to harm her soul. The only problem was that in this vulnerable state, she couldn't use her spirit skills or spirit bones.

Her friends recalled their spirit skills, confused. "Xiao Shen?"

Dai Mubai, Zhu Zhuqing, and Ma Hongjun also relaxed. Sensing this, Ru Shenqi smirked.

"Seventh divine skill, Unholy Resurrection!"

She summoned the souls of the recently deceased, controlling them to the fullest. Her friends and Seniors squawked in alarm before launching their strongest spirit skills and enhancements. Zhu Zhuqing dodged while swiping out with her Hell Hundred Claws. Dai Mubai launched his White Tiger Intense Light Wave. Ma Hongjun used his fifth spirit skill, Phoenix Meteor Strike. Ming Yong used Notation Blockade, the divine form of his Seagull's Blockade from the Divine Amber Seagull left arm bone, to defend against the fighting souls. Gu Xingyun held the dead off with his Lightning Spear. Bai Shanxin sped around, dodging, before using her Swift Winds spirit skill. Shu Jiaxiang launched her Shadow Cheetah Ether and Shadow Cheetah Slash. Fang Youyou boosted his friends accurately and on time. Liao Suyin's eyes watered, and she launched her eighth spirit skill, Tarantula World.

Although Ru Shenqi couldn't see, she sensed the pull of her friend's vortex skill. Fury suddenly filled her face.

Her voice dripped with ice, "You dare-!"

She pulled the souls back with her divine power, keeping them from the vortex.

"First divine skill, Soul Entrapment!"

She trapped the Tarantula World vortex in her ghostly array and froze it. Turning one palm up, she clenched her hand and crushed the vortex in her divine-level array. Liao Suyin gaped.

Everyone else suddenly realized that this Little God meant business.

<><><>

On the backside of the camp, Yan and Xie Yue led their soldiers and spirit masters in a tough battle against the Star Luo Empire's troops. The Dai imperial family and Gu royal family led the defense. Spirit skills exploded all over.

"I wonder how Nana and Her Majesty are doing," Yan said as he released his Sky Piercing Strike.

Xie Yue spun with his Full Moon self-created spirit skill. When he had knocked back the Gu brothers, he nodded. "I don't doubt Her Majesty is strong. I worry about her allegiances. As for Nana, she can hold her own as a Limit Douluo. Especially since she had the other Flamens with her."

Gu Tu, Gu Shichao, Gu Danqiong, and Gu Fangning suddenly surrounded the two members of the Golden Generation. Yan launched his Lord Berserk Transformation skill as Xie Yue threw out his Moon Blades, letting them circle and around the four sons of the Gu royal family. The four twisted away only to run into some Ocean spirit masters.

Dai Weisi and Zhu Zhuyun's White Tiger of Netherworld appeared and stalked towards the soldiers. They swiped out, knocking many back while killing others. The Star Luo Emperor and King Gu squared off against Spirit Empire's Spirit King and Spirit Sages. Half of Tang's Army, lead by the four Hall Elders, launched their Godly Zhuge Crossbows, sleeve arrows, and other common hidden weapons.

Just when it seemed, Spirit Empire was going to find an advantage, Oscar and Ning Rongrong appeared on the scene. He ate a Mirror Image Sausage and launched Ma Hongjun's Phoenix skills. Her Nine Treasures Glazed Tile Pagoda lit up as she launched her seventh spirit skill. Then, she began to boost their spirit masters and soldiers. The Golden Iron Triangle came running over as well, creating their Golden Saint Dragon Luo San Pao to turn the tide.

At the front of the camp, Hu Liena, the seven Flamens, and the Seven Clans barraged against Emperor Xue Beng and the Heaven Dou troops. Ning Fengzhi, Chen Xin, and Gu Rong were a trio of tyranny. The Tian Shui, Shen Feng, and Chi Huo branches of the School of Four Elements gave the Seven Clans a headache. The other half of Tang's Army, lead by Tang San and Xiao Wu, also pulled the triggers on their Godly Zhuge Crossbows and released their sleeve arrows. Xue Beng and his uncle, Xue Xing, watched as the battle played out.

"Ge, how do you think Dai Laoda, Zhuqing, Fatty, and our juniors are doing against Xiao Shen?"

"They won't hurt her. I hope she won't hurt them, but if she really needs to play the part, then she must."

Hu Liena's Charm skills hypnotized many soldiers and spirit masters. But Tang San broke it almost instantly. He and Xiao Wu joined together for their spirit fusion skill. Once Coexistence of Two Gods was fully fused, Hu Liena bemoaned in her heart.

Why does Xiao Shen have to be our only God?

Arcana Douluo's Sound System of Arcana launched. Sea Dragon Douluo leapt up and launched his Devilbreaker Domain. He instantly cancelled her domain out, aggravating her. The Five Terrors, Bing Dadao, and Cang Huaban launched their spirit skills, helping the School of Four Elements to fight against spirit masters from the Seven Clans.

<><><>

The three battles across the joint army camp raged on through the night.

At dawn of the next day, Ru Shenqi fell out of her Ghostly Touch evolved domain. She clutched at her chest and took labored breaths. The wear on her soul was severe.

"Xiao Shen, why?" her friends asked, softly.

But she didn't answer them. When her breathing regulated, she straightened. Her eyes returned to their icy blue color, and she was able to see again.

Mentor, how are you doing?

Hu Liena soon replied, We're alright. But Tang San and Xiao Wu are even more of a pain now than when they were twenty years ago.

Should I call for a retreat?

How are you doing?

My soul cannot take it any longer. I need to rest.

Then call for it.

Yes, Mentor.

Ru Shenqi rose up into the air. She turned towards the destroyed fortress. By simply pointing at it, her divine powers restored Liuying Fortress to its former glory. The only thing that had changed was the statue. Whereas it once was a Seraphim, now that Spirit Empire's Seraphim spirit masters were all gone, it was now three statues, owing to the glory of the Golden Generation.

Her voice rang out over the battlefield. "Spirit Empire! You have done well. But now, let's regroup at Liuying Fortress!"

She shot away, and Hu Liena took off after her. All of Spirit Empire's spirit masters and soldiers retreated instantly.

Upon having seen the Goddess of Souls rebuild Liuying Fortress so easily, everyone from the Heaven Dou and Star Luo Empires suddenly realized that her true power was much stronger than they had originally believed.

Back in her old room, Ru Shenqi collapsed. Her body shook, and her eyelids fluttered. Not too much later, Hu Liena knocked on the door once before entering. Seeing her mentee in such a state, she ran over.

"Xiao Shen..."

"I- I'll be alright. I've just worn down my soul. Some rest will do me good."

"How long do you need?"

"Two weeks, at least."

"How did you get so injured?"

"The longer I use my divine domain's evolved skill, the more I damage my soul. But to stall the Shrek Six Tyrants and half of the Shrek Seven Devils, I needed to do it."

"Don't ever use it again."

Ru Shenqi turned her head to look at Hu Liena in shock. "Don't you want an excuse for me to die? You should be hoping I use it again."

The Three-Tailed Charm Fox's eyes narrowed. "Ru. Shen. Qi. Don't you dare die."

1