37. Blue Sunshine Academy
334 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, the Shrek children followed their teachers back to the Grand Spirit Arena. They all entered and headed over to their lounge. Just as the group settled down, there was a knock on the door. Gu Xingyun stood and opened it.

"Hello, Shrek Academy. I've come to give you the information on Blue Sunshine Academy."

Yu Xiaogang rose and walked over. He took the small booklet from the attendant.

"Thank you."

The attendant nodded and bowed before retreating. Yu Xiaogang turned opened the booklet. His eyes scanned the information. Soon, a grim look crossed his face. Seeing it, Liu Erlong grew worried.

"Xiaogang, what is it?"

"This Blue Sunshine Academy really is bold!"

"Xiaogang," Flender began. "What spirit masters do they have?"

"All mutant spirits. All Spirit Kings, with the strongest at rank fifty three. All Control System spirit masters."

Flender and Liu Erlong went pale.

He said, "They really are wanting to make us suffer."

"Dean Flender, Grandmaster, Vice Dean Liu, what do we do?" the ten Shrek competitors asked. "Who's going to compete today?"

Yu Xiaogang sighed, "Since they're all Control Systems spirit masters, we need to reduce our number of Power Attack Systems, which will surely be restricted. Therefore, even thought I don't want to have to do this, I'm going to actually replace Suyin with Yong. Xu Tian, as a Control System Spirit Master, you will remain. Han Niansui, though you're a Power Attack and Agility Attack spirit master, your Dark Cover controls the whole stage, so we need you to go up too. Shanxin, as the "captain" of the team, you must also appear. Hopefully, these Control System spirit masters won't be able to catch you. Same for Jiaxiang. Jiaxiang, you must use your spirit skills to the fullest, understand?"

"Yes, Grandmaster."

"Good. I also want Fang Youyou for his boosts. Now, Gong Xi..."

"Gong Xi will listen to whatever Grandmaster decides."

"Your cobra spirit can restrain opponents. Your poison is barely inferior to Suyin's, and if you cooperate with Jiaxiang, your poisons will deal some damage."

"I understand, Grandmaster."

"Good. Now, go on. It's about time to face the Blue Sunshine Academy."

<><><>

People were gathered, waiting for the match of the day.

The announcer stepped forward and called, "Before the battle, let's greet and take a closer look at the competitors sent out today!"

As the Blue Sunshine Academy's team ascended to the stage, all seven were revealed to have Ethereal Dream spirits, quite similar to the late Dean Shi Nian's Brutal Dream spirit. The Shrek team began to panic.

"Can we really beat them?"

"How are we going to survive this?"

"We're dead."

Just then, Gong Xi felt a tug on his sleeve. He turned around to see a short figure blink up at him.

"Xiao Shen?!"

The others turned around in shock. Ru Shenqi lowered her head slightly.

"Only Xingyun knows I came down here. Gong Xi, please, I can get us to defeat the Blue Sunshine Academy. With my Body Spirit, my first, second, and fourth spirit skills resemble spiritual attacks. My skull bone gives a spiritual attack. If you let me take your place on that stage, I believe we have a ninety five percent chance to win."

"Xiao Shen," Bai Shanxin began. "Won't Grandmaster, Dean Flender, and Vice Dean Liu be extremely furious? You're not supposed to be fighting until the finals."

"No one will see anything. I promise I won't show my true strength."

"How?"

She grinned and told them her plan. When she finished, the others warily agreed.

Just then, the announcer moved onto Shrek. They went up, one by one. But when Gong Xi's name was called, instead of a tall and slim nineteen year old, a shorty with white hair and golden eyes climbed the stairs.

Up in the VIP area, three sets of eyes bugged. Sword Douluo, Chen Xin, gaped. Ning Fengzhi's breath hitched. Tian Dou Emperor, Xue Beng, leaned forward in his seat.

"Clan Leader Ning," Xue Beng whispered through a private communication line. "I thought Xiao Shen wasn't supposed to compete until the finals."

"She wasn't."

In the audience seats, the Golden Iron Triangle whipped around. Sure enough, Gong Xi was just sitting down beside Gu Xingyun. Three pairs of eyebrows twitched.

Gu Xingyun explained to them, "Because of their spirits, Xiao Shen decided to switch. She has a plan. Trust in her."

The Golden Iron Triangle could only helplessly watched.

"Eh?" the announcer cried. "Who is this?"

Ru Shenqi grinned and replied, "Mr. Zhou, you can just address me as Xiao Nuhuang1小女皇 - meaning "Little Empress" (comes from her Slaughter City nickname, Hell's Little Empress) for now!"

The other Shrek team members couldn't hold back and snorted.

Unsure of what to do, Zhou Wuting2周五停 - given name meaning "Five Stops", swallowed. "Xiao Nuhuang, what spirit rank are you?"

Ru Shenqi shook her head. "I'm only a twelve year old thirty sixth ranked Spirit Elder."

"Eh what?!" the crowd exclaimed.

But those in the know shook their heads. Xiao Shen must believe she doesn't have to prove it.

Zhou Wuting nodded. "Can you prove it?"

Ru Shenqi complied. Without even smirking, she summoned three spirit rings. One white and two yellow. It wasn't even the optimal configuration. Now, everyone gaped at her.

Yu Xiaogang breathed, "I didn't even see her activate the Goddess of Nine Stars Domain. How can she do this?"

Suddenly, Huo Wu appeared near them.

"Once Xiao Shen masters how to illusion her rings, she doesn't need to launch her God domain any longer. Apparently... she has mastered it."

"Ahh? Not even the optimal configuration?" Zhou Wuting gasped. "Two new spirit masters have been revealed in Shrek Academy Battle Team today! I wonder... does Shrek fear the Blue Sunshine Academy?"

Ru Shenqi shrugged. "Can we begin now?"

"Oh, yes. Begin!"

"Mei mei," the captain of the Blue Sunshine Academy team called. "Save yourself now and hop off of the stage. We'll spare you then."

Instead Ru Shenqi commanded three words, "Han Niansui!"

"First spirit skill, Dark Cover!"

Soon, the whole stage was covered. No one could see a thing.

"Isn't this restricting your team as well?" Huo Wu asked Flender.

He shook his head.

"No, with her body spirit, Xiao Shen can see through it," he breathed in realization. "Xiao Shen's going to counter their spiritual attacks with her own! Under Dark Cover, no one will be able to see her rings or her spirit skills!"

Liu Erlong gasped, "This child is really astute. She's still saving herself until the finals, technically. Everyone believes she's a Spirit Elder. No matter what happens, no one will believe she beat the full Spirit King Blue Sunshine Academy Battle Team. Not if she keeps the others on stage with her."

Just like Flender and Liu Erlong guessed, Ru Shenqi did just that.

She used her White Wolf left leg bone to speed over to the opponents. Once she was near enough, she launched the Flight on Nine Stars. When she had drawn one fourth of their spirit power from them, she launched her first spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter. After the Blue Sunshine Academy Battle Team was disoriented, she launched her third spirit skill, just in case. After protecting all of her teammates, she pulled back.

Swift Demon Cougar skull bone skill, Swift Demon Attack!

Since the opponents' spirit power was at least eleven ranks lower than hers, she knew the spiritual attack would last for eight days... with a forty percent chance of permanency. Seven screams rose up into the air all of a sudden, cueing Han Niansui to recall his Dark Cover. Once the stage was clear, the seven Shrek members were all standing while the Blue Sunshine Academy's team members were rolling around on the ground, clutching at their heads.

"T- this... Shrek Academy has won!" Zhou Wuting declared in shock.

The battle had taken less than a minute. No one had seen anything. The only sacrifice was that Ming Yong's information had been revealed. But Ru Shenqi was safe.

<><><>

Back at Shrek Academy, Yu Xiaogang scolded Ru Shenqi. Flender and Liu Erlong stood back.

"Do you know the risk you took today? You may have had a plan, but did you discuss it with us adults first?!"

She bowed her head. "I'm sorry, Grandmaster. I couldn't bear to see them get hurt though. Knowing what my own spiritual attacks can do, I didn't want to risk the others falling under any sneak attacks."

"Ru Shenqi, what would've happened if your plan had failed? What would they have seen? What skills did you use?!"

Dropping to her knees, she answered, "Flight of Nine Stars, Clear Crystal Scatter, Clear Crystal Armor, and Swift Demon Attack."

"You would've revealed a spirit bone, a God power, and two decade millennium spirit rings!"

She hung her head further.

"You may have won today, but you knew I only wanted you in the finals. I warned you that your arrogance would get you in trouble someday. Did you not believe me?! Ru Shenqi, you disobeyed my orders. If you do it again, I will keep you out of the finals too."

This time, Flender and Liu Erlong gaped. Ru Shenqi closed her eyes, trying to fight back tears.

In a soft voice, she replied, "Xiao Shen understands."

5