62. Tang Sect
253 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long three weeks, Tang San's group finally returned to Heaven Dou City. The reason why the journey had taken so long was that they had stopped in Star Dou Great Forest so Xiao Wu could pay her respects to the memorial tablets for her brothers, Er Ming and Da Ming. Tang San had forged them personally and left them at the edge of the pond in the center of Star Dou Great Forest.

Now back in Heaven Dou City, Ru Shenqi let out a sigh of relief. Their carriages rolled towards the southern sector of the city where Tang Sect stood proudly. In front of the gates, everyone stepped out of the carriages.

Bai Shanxin turned towards Ru Shenqi. "Xiao Shen, welcome to your new home."

Xiao Wu walked over and said, "Xiao Shen, will you come inside a moment? Us Shrek Five Devils would like to speak with you about something."

Ru Shenqi nodded. "Yes, Senior Xiao Wu."

She followed her and the other four Devils into the main hall of Tang Sect. As the five of them sat down, she remained standing in the center of their half circle of chairs. Tang San leaned forward in his.

"Xiao Shen, Laoshi wanted you to take one of us as your Laoshi. I don't mean to rush you, but it will help us decide how to direct further training."

"I understand."

Her golden eyes scanned the Shrek Five Devils. She knew that as a Control System spirit master, and a Little God, she should take Tang San as her Laoshi, but her heart was telling her otherwise. Feeling an affinity to the fifth eldest of the Shrek Seven Devils, Ru Shenqi turned towards Xiao Wu. A gentle smile spread across Xiao Wu's lips.

"Ru Shenqi would like for Senior Xiao Wu to be her Laoshi."

Xiao Wu nodded and accepted her. Ru Shenqi kowtowed three time, according to the custom.

"Laoshi."

Xiao Wu stood up from her seat and walked forward. She helped her disciple up. "From today onwards, I will be your Laoshi. Don't worry, I will guide you well."

Just then, Tang San spoke up. "Good, now that's settled. Xiao Shen, you can go back first."

Ru Shenqi bowed. "Yes, Sect Leader."

She exited the main hall, and Ma Hongjun turned towards Tang San. "San ge, why did she choose Xiao Wu rather than you?"

"Fatty, don't you know anything?" Oscar snapped.

Ning Rongrong explained, "Xiao Shen knows San ge would be best, but Xiao Wu has known Grandmaster as long as San ge. She knows his teachings just as well. What's more is that Xiao Wu and Xiao Shen are both females. As Xiao Shen grows up, she will probably grow lovelier by the day. Xiao Shen is smart; she wouldn't want to anger Xiao Wu or make her jealous. As we all know, Xiao Wu will beat up any woman who dares to look at San ge with impure intentions."

Ma Hongjun shivered. Of course he had seen Xiao Wu launch her Eight Stage Drop and Waist Bow multiple times. He was just glad he had never experienced it.

Tang San chuckled, "Xiao Wu, you know the only woman in my heart is you."

She nuzzled her head in the crook of his neck. "I know, Ge, but Xiao Wu gets jealous easily."

Ning Rongrong sighed, "That is why Xiao Shen chose Xiao Wu."

Oscar chuckled, "That Little God is smart for her age. I'm curious to see where she'll be in five years? Could she make Spirit Douluo by then?"

Tang San shrugged. "All of us know how hard it was to level up beyond the sixtieth level. For Xiao Shen to already be a seventy sixth ranked Spirit Saint is nothing short of miracle. But... I also don't want her to grow stronger too fast."

"Why not, San ge?" Ma Hongjun asked.

"Spirit Empire will seek her out. If she's powerful, but young and still immature, she will have nothing but innocent child-bravery. She needs to mature before she can become a Spirit Douluo. Therefore, Xiao Wu, tomorrow go seal her spirit power and spirit rings for these next five years. Let's work on maturing her before growing her strength further. Xiao Shen is already far ahead of others in her generation. There's no worry of them catching up."

"Yes, Ge. Should we let her train with Bai Shanxin?"

"No. Shanxin is a pure Agility Attack system spirit master. Though Xiao Shen may resemble a Power Attack System or an Agility Attack System spirit master, she is still a Control System spirit master at her core. Their cultivation paths are not the same."

"Then Xiao Wu will rely on Ge for training instructions."

Tang San nodded. "Anything else?"

The other Four Devils shook their heads.

"Alright then. Xiao Wu, tomorrow start training Xiao Shen."

"Yes, Ge."

<><><>

Meanwhile, Ru Shenqi went to go find Bai Shanxin. The girls met up in the back of Tang Sect.

"Xiao Shen, who did you take as your Laoshi?"

"Senior Xiao Wu."

"Why? I would think that with Sect Leader being a Control System spirit master, he would be best for your Laoshi."

"Yes, but surely you've seen Laoshi get furious? I don't want that anger directed at me! Her Eight Stage Drop is too scary!"

Bai Shanxin chuckled. "You've fought Sect Lady before. Why are you so scared of her now?"

Ru Shenqi shook her head. "You don't understand Shanxin. Laoshi, while we were on our way back, didn't let off any woman who just even glanced at Senior Tang San! Everyone who knew my mother keeps saying I look a lot like her, and my mother was a beauty to behold. If I grow up and still look like her, won't Laoshi grow jealous if Senior Tang San were my Laoshi?! I wouldn't dare to steal another woman's man! Plus the Shrek Seven Devils are too senior to us."

Bai Shanxin's eyes narrowed with a wicked glint. "Xiao Shen, do you have someone in your heart?"

"Eh, Shanxin, I'm only twelve! What do you take me for?!"

"Don't think none of us were blind. Xingyun treated you differently from the rest of us. He always doted on you the most."

"Isn't the eldest supposed to protect the youngest?!" Ru Shenqi cried. "Just look at Senior Dai Mubai and Senior Zhu Zhuqing!"

Realizing her connotation, she slapped a hand over her mouth. Bai Shanxin roared with laughter.

"Who needs protecting?! Hahahaha! Xiao Shen, you're a Spirit Sage! Also, don't deny your relationship with Xingyun if your going to compare yourselves with Senior Dai Mubai and Senior Zhu Zhuqing!"

Ru Shenqi's cheeks blushed red from embarrassment. She looked away and twiddled her fingers. Sadness filled her eyes.

Xingyun, in five years, will we recognize each other? Will Hell's Duo finally be a duo once more?

Suddenly changing the topic, Ru Shenqi asked, "Well, what about you? Are you and Bai Shanli and Bai Shanmin going to fight again now that you're back?"

Bai Shanxin sighed. "Yes. We've always been competitive siblings and have always fought each other to rise to the top. It's just a pity we don't have Youyou with us anymore. His boosts are tyrannical."

"You don't need Youyou to beat your older siblings. You are stronger than them on your own. Even though Bai Shanmin is a fifty third ranked Spirit King also, you've got the benefits from the Tranquility Waterlily Immortal Herb. Your speed is faster, and your strength is stronger."

"I wish I had your optimism, Xiao Shen."

"I'll be cheering for you the whole time, Shanxin."

<><><>

Later that night, four figures stood in the front courtyard of Tang Sect. Three released their spirits. Brilliant wings spread from their backs.

Though Bai Shanli and Bai Shanmin's wings were gorgeous, after fully absorbing the effects of the Tranquility Waterlily, Bai Shanxin's wings were on another whole level of elegance. Each feather sparkled like crystals and flapped gently, but with a great deal of power.

Off to the side, Ru Shenqi stood quietly. She would not partake in this sibling battle. But she silently rooted for her friend.

The three siblings shot off into the air. Only thin lines of light could be seen by the normal eye, but Ru Shenqi didn't have normal eyes. She released her spirit and used her silver-white eyes to follow the three Needle-Tailed Swifts.

Violent breezes whipped up the air currents. Wings flapped furiously. The lines intertwined and clashed against each other. But it didn't seem like any one of the three were coming out on top.

Just then, Ru Shenqi sent a message through a private communication wisp to Bai Shanxin. "Launch Swift Cry, then Swift Flight, then use your Emerald Demon Bird skull bone. Finish them off with your lockdown Air Strike."

Bai Shanxin gave a near-imperceptible nod. She had been thinking the exact same thing.

"Fifth spirit skill, Swift Cry!"

A screech exploded from her lips, temporarily debilitating her siblings. She quickly launched her second spirit skill, Swift Flight, to increase her attributes and flight capabilities as much as she could. Then, her tyrannical skull bone emerged.

"Emerald Demon Bird skull bone skill, Emerald Demon Devour!"

She the spirit power slowly began to drain from Bai Shanli and Bai Shanmin, leaving them unable to launch any spirit skills. Bai Shanxin's eyes blazed.

"Fourth Spirit Skill, Swift Dance!"

As she maneuvered her way over to them, she gathered the power for her final attack.

"AIR STRIKE!"

She sent two waves of wind gusts out, one towards each of her siblings. They got blown backwards, out of bounds.

Ru Shenqi's Ultimate Darkness Wings unfurled, and she took to the air. Coming up beside Bai Shanxin, she smiled.

"What did I tell you, Shanxin? I knew you could do it. You're the youngest of your siblings, and yet you beat the eldest at the same spirit power level."

"Xiao Shen, you're too psychic. But thank you for your support."

"We're part of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. There's no need to thank me. I'll always have your back."

"And I'll always have yours. So will Tang Sect. We also wish to see the final downfall of Spirit Empire. Someday, maybe you can help Sect Leader and the other Shrek Six Devils finally defeat the Golden Generation once and for all."

Hey everyone, sorry for the delayed upload! I had a bit of writer's block and was stuck for a while. Fingers crossed I have overcome the writer's block now. As always, thanks for all the love and support!

5