63. A Reunion of Tyrants
237 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five years later...

A twenty-one year old, 184 centimeter tall1184cm is around 6ft 0in Ming Yong patiently waited at the entrance to Shrek Academy. After growing more mature and older, his appearance had changed a bit as well. His light brown hair flowed part way down his back, while his silver eyes held a depth of knowledge. Ming Yong's demeanor had remained calm and steady, giving him an air of elegance. When he saw a figure approach, a smile spread across his peach-colored lips.

"Long time no see, Youyou."

A nineteen year old, 178 centimeter tall2178cm is around 5ft 8in Fang Youyou approached. There was a confidence to his step, and a grin on his rosy lips. His platinum blonde hair was styled with the classic fade haircut, and his amber yellow eyes lit up with joy upon seeing his friend again.

"Yong, it's been five years. How are you?"

"I'm good, how about you?"

"I've learned a lot while I was researching at Heaven Dou Imperial Academy."

"That's good. What spirit rank are you at now, Youyou?"

Fang Youyou chuckled, "I can't compare with some of you, since I'm Auxiliary System, but I haven't done too bad over these five years. I'm now a sixty fifth ranked Spirit Emperor."

Ming Yong's eyes widened. "Aiya, Youyou, you're still catching up to me!"

"What are you at then, Yong?"

"I'm a sixty sixth ranked Spirit Emperor."

"That's not too bad!"

"I don't know how Xiao Shen levelled so fast. After the sixty first rank, it got harder than I expected. My growth slowed substantially."

"I was the same way."

"Us too."

The two guys turned to see two beauties walking towards them. After five years, their bodies had developed. They were now young women rather than children. One of the women had long raven black hair flowing down her back and her light brown eyes were gleaming with happiness. She was 174 centimeters tall3174cm is around 5ft 7in and had perfectly proportioned curves. The other woman's dark brown hair was just beyond her shoulders, and her deep black eyes sparkled as she saw the two figures in front of the school's gate. She was 168 centimeters tall4168cm is around 5ft 5in and had a mysterious beauty about her.

"Aiya," Fang Youyou chuckled. "Look at Suyin and Jiaxiang. I barely recognize you both!"

The two young women laughed. "Youyou, hopefully we haven't changed that much. Though we're both twenty now, we haven't had any drastic changes."

Four of the Shrek Seven Tyrants had reunited, and smiles spread over all of their faces.

"Jiaxiang, Suyin, what spirit ranks are you guys at now?" Ming Yong asked.

"I'm a sixty fourth ranked Spirit Emperor," Shu Jiaxiang replied.

"I'm a sixty fourth ranked Spirit Emperor," Liao Suyin answered.

Fang Youyou grinned, "We're all still monsters. But I wonder where our two greatest Tyrants are at now?"

"Xingyun is probably close to the seventieth rank breakthrough," Liao Suyin guessed. "He was fifty eighth ranked five years ago, second only to Xiao Shen."

"Xiao Shen..." Shu Jiaxiang began. "I wonder what rank she's at now?"

"Xiao Shen hasn't broken through the eightieth rank threshold yet. Sect Leader didn't want her to, so he held her back," a sweet voice explained.

Everyone turned to see a twenty year old Bai Shanxin approach. After five years, she had also physically matured, and her strawberry blonde hair waterfalled down to the small of her back. Her keen yellow eyes had a great delight in them. She stood at 162 centimeters tall5162cm is around 5ft 3in and was skinny as a rail, but her curves were also well defined.

"Shanxin, long time no see," everyone greeted.

"What spirit rank are you at now?" Liao Suyin asked.

Bai Shanxin chuckled, "I'm currently a sixty fourth ranked Spirit Emperor."

"We're at the sixty fourth rank also."

"I'm sixty fifth ranked."

"I'm sixty sixth ranked."

"Shanxin, is Xiao Shen coming?" Fang Youyou asked.

"She's currently cultivating in seclusion. I don't know if Xiao Shen will be able to make it."

Five faces turned downcast. "Xiao Shen has been through a lot. She would've liked this reunion."

An uneasy silence settled over the Shrek Five Tyrants. While they were quiet, another figure approached.

"What's with the long faces?"

Upon hearing a smooth baritone voice, five people turned around. A 192 centimeter tall6192cm is around 6ft 3in, muscular man walked towards them. His golden blonde hair was about mid-length but was tied up into a ponytail, and his bright yellow eyes held a wealth of experience in them.

Five voices rose up, jokingly, "Greetings Crown Prince."

A twenty three year old Gu Xingyun laughed and shook his head. "How has everyone been?"

After catching up a bit, Ming Yong asked him, "Xingyun, what spirit rank are you at now?"

"I'm at the sixty ninth rank. I haven't yet been able to break through to the seventieth rank." Looking around, he asked, "Where's Xiao Shen?"

Bai Shanxin sighed and explained. When she was done, Gu Xingyun nodded.

"I can stay for a short while. Hopefully, I'll be able to see Xiao Shen during this time."

"Aiya, do I hear some Tyrants?!"

Approaching the Shrek Six Tyrants were the Golden Iron Triangle. Flender, Liu Erlong, and Yu Xiaogang had joyous smiles on their faces.

"Dean Flender, Vice Dean Liu, Grandmaster!"

"Long time no see," Liu Erlong said.

"You're all grown up now!" Flender cried.

"How has your progress been?" Yu Xiaogang asked.

The five, other than Ming Yong, told them their current statuses.

"Good, good, you're not rushing things. Well done, all of you."

"Where's Xiao Shen?" Flender asked.

"Cultivating in seclusion," Bai Shanxin replied simply. "Sect Lady has been tough on her."

"Sect Lady?" Yu Xiaogang asked.

"Xiao Shen took Senior Xiao Wu as her Laoshi."

The Golden Iron Triangle gaped.

Flender asked, "Why not Xiao San?"

But Liu Erlong knew her daughter the best. "Jealousy. Xiao Wu is very defensive and protective when it comes to Xiao San. Plus, Xiao Wu also knows Xiaogang's teachings as well as Xiao San does."

Even the other Tyrants didn't know about Xiao Wu being her Laoshi.

"Well, come in, come in," Flender said.

The Golden Iron Triangle led the Shrek Six Tyrants inside the academy. They walked around back to Liu Erlong's cottage. Once everyone was seated in the cottage, all six began to share stories of their separated years.

"Suyin and I fought in Suotuo City's Spirit Arena a lot. We lost a few times, but won many more."

"A year ago," Liao Suyin began. "My father grew ill. I took some time off to care for him, and when he passed away, my eldest brother took over as Magistrate of Suotuo City."

"My family's business has flourished," Shu Jiaxiang explained. "We've seen an increase in spirit masters wanting escorts into Star Dou Great Forest, so we've been busy."

"What about you, Youyou?" Yu Xiaogang asked.

"I've done extensive research on Auxiliary spirits and Systems at Heaven Dou Imperial Academy. I've found that Auxiliary spirits can be nurtured in broad or narrow scopes, depending on the spirit. For instant, Senior Ning Rongrong's spirit is nurtured in a fairly narrow scope. She can boost and aid spirit masters, but cannot heal spirit masters to any degree. Senior Oscar's spirit is more in a broad scope. He can heal and aid and attack spirit masters. My own spirit can heal, boost, and aid spirit masters, so my track is more broad."

"How amazing!" the other Tyrants cried.

Yu Xiaogang nodded. "Well done, Youyou. You discovered the same thing I did when I studied Auxiliary spirits."

"What have you been up to, Shanxin?" Liu Erlong inquired.

"I've been cultivating and training. The Speed Hall is renowned, and of course the Speed Hall knows best on how to train Needle-Tailed Swifts. I've fought against my siblings a few times and have established myself as the best of us three."

The Golden Iron Triangle nodded, pleased. "Well done, Shanxin."

The other Tyrants cheered for her, and she blushed.

"Xingyun, how are things at home?" Flender wondered.

"Somewhat like Shanxin. I've been struggling to keep my title as Crown Prince while my brothers have been scheming against me. My father is getting up in years, and I've had to take on more responsibilities. I'm basically in charge of all military affairs and run the court half the time. It's definitely been a busy five years."

"Compared to you, Xingyun, my life has been easy. I've just been here helping teach the new students and cultivating," Ming Yong said. "Other than hunting my sixth ring, nothing was overly eventful."

"Your job is important too," Gu Xingyun countered. "You're teaching the future monsters."

Everyone broke out laughing.

"Our lives have branched off in different directions," Fang Youyou sighed sadly. "But at least we can reunite like this. It's just a pity that Xiao Shen could not join us."

Gu Xingyun nodded. "I wonder how Hell's Little Empress is doing..."

<><><>

Back in the Tang Sect, Ru Shenqi was in a dimly lit and otherwise empty room. She had been confined there for six months already. Without spirit skills, she couldn't even gauge her cultivation. She had been meditating in silence constantly. Only Xiao Wu had ever come in, and that was only to bring her food and water.

Just then, the room lit up brightly. Stars exploded from her, spinning and flying everywhere. Finding no target, they rounded on their master. Ru Shenqi cried out as she got bombarded by her nine-pointed stars. Blood dripped from cuts everywhere.

In the past year, her God powers had grown stronger. She couldn't control them as well anymore, so Tang San had instructed Xiao Wu to lock her up until she could. She knew it was for the others' safety, but her fears of being alone again haunted her every day. Her body would shake with fear, and she would have nightmares when she slept. It was a horrifying and grueling task she had to overcome.

Xiao Wu has just coming in with the midday meal when she saw her disciple's sorry state. "Xiao Shen..."

She set down the food and ran out of the room. Ru Shenqi's eyes watered.

Laoshidon't go, please...

Xiao Wu quickly returned with Tang San in tow. His eyes widened upon seeing the bloodied body in front of him.

"Xiao Shen, what happened?"

"Sect Leader, my stars... I can't direct them anymore. They're attacking me now!" she sobbed.

Tang San glanced at Xiao Wu. She looked back at him.

"Ge, what now? Her condition is getting worse."

"Her mother's protection is wearing off." Turning to squat down in front of Ru Shenqi, he added, "Xiao Shen, you're not strong enough to handle such strong God powers. You could use them before without any consequences because your mother left protection from it in her love for you. But now, after all these years have passed, that protection is fading. Until you become a Titled Douluo, you will not be able to fully harness the Goddess of Nine Stars' powers again. I can do my best to seal them now, but I can't guarantee how long they'll remain sealed."

"Xiao Shen trusts Sect Leader."

Nodding, Tang San sat down in the lotus position in front of her. He circled his hands and sealed her God powers for the time being. As she started to tip sideways, Xiao Wu caught her. Tang San used his Blue Silver Emperor left leg bone to heal her. Handing Xiao Wu a Big Recovery Sausage also, she took it and fed it to the unconscious Ru Shenqi.

When she woke up a few minutes later, she mumbled, "Laoshi."

"It's alright. We've sealed your God powers. You shouldn't have a problem for now."

"Laoshi, how much longer do I have to stay here?"

Xiao Wu sighed. "Your cultivation has been rough. Perhaps, it's time for a break."

She glanced at her husband, who nodded.

Looking back at Ru Shenqi, she added, "Shanxin has gone over to Shrek Academy for your five year reunion. Are you feeling well enough to go over?"

Ru Shenqi closed her eyes. As she opened them, she nodded.

"Alright, Laoshi will take you over then."

<><><>

"I wonder how Hell's Little Empress is doing..."

Bai Shanxin shrugged in response. "Sect Leader and Sect Lady won't reveal anything. I don't even know where she's cultivating."

"What?!" Gu Xingyun roared. "What are they doing with her?!"

Flender tried to placate him, "Xiao San and Xiao Wu know what they're doing. Trust them."

"If she gets hurt..."

"I'm sure she'll be alright," Fang Youyou added. "Xiao Shen has always been strong."

"Is she cultivating alone?"

Bai Shanxin's eyes furrowed. "I- I think so. I don't know for sure."

Gu Xingyun snarled, "Don't they know the thing she fears most is being alone?"

Everyone's eyes turned downcast. Though Ru Shenqi never showed it, they could all tell she had been reluctant to part five years ago. She had lost both of her parents at a young age and had suffered through Slaughter City alone. But if anyone knew her thoughts and fear best... it would be Gu Xingyun.

Just then, a lilting, ethereal, captivating voice rang out. "What's with all the long faces?"

6