64. Mesmerizing Beauty
264 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heads whipped. Jaws went slack. Eyes gaped at the mesmerizing figure standing in the doorway.

A 180 centimeter tall1180cm is around 5ft 9in young woman with mid-length chestnut brown hair that was tied in a half up-half down style and golden eyes smiled at them. Her jade white skin was flawless, and her curves perfectly proportional to her slim body. She was wearing a maroon colored, knee-length, sleeved, dress. It displayed a stunning keyhole neckline and black lace on the wrists and bottom hem line. She wore three inch, pitch black, stiletto heels. On her left wrist was a silver bracelet etched with suns, giving her identity away.

She was a beauty among beauties.

"XIAO SHEN!"

Six people surged up from their seats and bounded over to her. They slammed into her, hugging her.

Now that she was seventeen, Ru Shenqi had matured a lot, both physically and mentally. She patted the backs of who she could as tears came to her eyes.

She choked out, "Breath!"

Suddenly, all six backed up. Gu Xingyun stepped forward.

"Xiao Shen, your hair..."

"Laoshi thought it would be best if I didn't so closely resemble myself from five years ago. So, we use some dyes to color my hair."

"Xiao Shen," Yu Xiaogang began. "What spirit rank are you at now?"

Ru Shenqi shook her head. "That, Grandmaster, I don't know."

"Eh, what?!" nine people cried.

She said, "Shanxin, I apologize. Laoshi told me not to tell you. Everyone, let me show you."

She released her seven rings, but they were all faded out to grey. Eyes widened.

Flender stuttered, "W- what is this?!"

"Sect Leader sealed my spirit power these past five years. He slowed my cultivation to focus on maturing me. I have cultivated a lot, but as to what spirit rank I am... I have no idea at all."

Gu Xingyun's hands clenched at his sides. "Does it hurt?"

She shook her head. "Not at all. I just don't feel the spirit power circulating within me."

"How are your God powers coming along?" Liu Erlong wondered.

Ru Shenqi looked down at the ground. "I don't want to talk about it."

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Zhao Wuji's voice rang out from the other side.

"Flender, Clan Leader Ning and Bone Douluo are here to pay a visit."

"Good, good, perhaps this will give the Seven Tyrants a chance to fight another Titled Douluo!"

"EH, WHAT?! DEAN FLENDER, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?!"

"Xiao Shen can't compete though," Bai Shanxin argued. "How will this be fair then?"

"She can still use her God powers," Yu Xiaogang allowed.

Just as Ru Shenqi was about to speak, Flender cried, "Then it's settled! We'll see if Bone Douluo is willing to teach these Shrek Seven Tyrants a lesson!"

Worry creased Ru Shenqi's eyebrows. She bit her lip and followed the others. They came upon the courtyard where Ning Fengzhi and Gu Rong patiently waited. Upon seeing the Shrek Seven Tyrants for the first time in five years, surprise flashed across Ning Fengzhi's face.

"You have all grown stronger. That's good."

Gu Rong's eyes fell on the youngest Tyrant. "Xiao Shen... I wonder how Tang San has trained you."

"Sect Leader is smart. Sect Leader knows my potential. Xiao Shen trusts Sect Leader."

Ning Fengzhi smiled. "That's good."

Yu Xiaogang stepped forward and asked, "I wonder if Bone Douluo would be willing to teach these juniors a lesson?"

Gu Rong nodded. "Alright. Young ones, get ready."

Grimacing, Ru Shenqi turned towards her friends. All I can use are two domains and spirit bones. Everything else has been sealed.

"Xiao Shen, we'll follow you," they all said.

"Alright. I'll do my best."

They fanned out into one line. Gu Rong watched them with a piqued interest.

I wonder how they've done over these years.

"Go!"

Bai Shanxin, Shu Jiaxiang, and Ru Shenqi took to the air. Gu Xingyun and Liao Suyin stood protectively in front of Ming Yong and Fang Youyou. Fang Youyou's chest bone emerged, covering him in the Scaled Body.

"Youyou, don't bother supporting me. Focus on the others."

"Okay, Xiao Shen."

He boosted them with his lotus petals while Ming Yong's fingers rested on his qin strings, ready to play. Liao Suyin's jade legs stretched out.

"Xingyun!"

Hell's Duo's voices blended together as they called out, "Death God Domain, Evolved Skill: Demon Hell!"

Gu Rong released a spirit skill to protect himself from their combined domain. As he was distracted, Bai Shanxin and Shu Jiaxiang took off. They sped towards either side of him, preparing to attack.

Shu Jiaxiang launched her fifth, third, and second spirit skills. As her doppelgangers released poisonous fog, their claws swiped. Bai Shanxin's tyrannical lockdown Air Strike attacked from the other side. Her Emerald Demon Bird skull bone also emerged, and she began to draw spirit power from him.

Taking the opportunity, Gu Xingyun launched his fearsome fifth spirit skill, increasing the gravity around Gu Rong. Summoning his King Tiger Halberd, he threw it at him. But Gu Rong defended against it. Then, he released his fourth spirit skill, Bone Prison.

All seven became trapped in sturdy cages. Just then, Ru Shenqi's Jester Tarsier King right arm bone emerged. Jester Hands launched. She cut at the bone bars, but much to her dismay, there weren't even any cracks left behind. Shu Jiaxiang and Gu Xingyun found the same problem.

"Seventh spirit skill, Bone Dragon Spirit Avatar!"

A ginormous blue and black dragon swallowed up Gu Rong. All Seven Tyrants gulped.

"Xiao Shen," Ming Yong called. "Can't your Nine Stars Meteor Shower break through these bone cages?!"

Ru Shenqi hung her head. "Sect Leader sealed my God powers also. All I can use are my domains and spirit bones."

"EH, WHAT?!"

Not only were the other Tyrants shocked, but the Golden Iron Triangle, Ning Fengzhi, and Gu Rong were as well.

The bone cages suddenly disappeared. Taking the opportunity, Fang Youyou quickly boosted everyone once more. Then, two pairs of spirit fusion abilities appeared. Liao Suyin and Shu Jiaxiang's Shadow Jade Tarantula hovered threateningly over Gu Rong. Next to them was Gu Xingyun and Bai Shanxin's Golden Heavenly Swift. The two spirit fusion abilities launched their attacks. Since everyone was now Spirit Emperors, of course their fusion wouldn't be lacking. The pairs' total attack power equally that of a Titled Douluo. So how couldn't they stand up to Bone Douluo? Attacked from two fronts, Gu Rong nodded.

In his heart, he praised them. Even after all these years, their coordination is still so natural. And they've all grown stronger. These Tyrants really are the future of Douluo Continent.

Just then, Ming Yong's black sixth ring appeared around him. "Sixth spirit skill, Dragon Qin Surround Sound."

Obviously, no one had seen Ming Yong ever use this skill. Only the Golden Iron Triangle knew just how tyrannical his almost seventy thousand year spirit ring really was.

His fingers danced across the strings, and Gu Rong clutched at his head. His surroundings started to fade away. Soon, he was back at the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan school before Spirit Empire had attacked it.

His eyes relaxed with relief. He walked forward, completely lost in Ming Yong's sixth spirit skill. But then, Ming Yong's lulling and sweet melody turned fast, frantic, and choppy. Spirit Empire's team that had been dispatched to eliminate the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan back then appeared now. Gu Rong fought them as best he could, but Chen Xin was nowhere to be found. Ning Fengzhi was absent as well. He was fighting two Spirit Empire Douluos alone and was losing greatly.

If her spirit skills hadn't been sealed, Ru Shenqi might've been able to see through Ming Yong's sixth spirit skill. But even she couldn't. While Gu Rong was currently indisposed, Bai Shanxin used her skull bone again to suck away more spirit power.

Shu Jiaxiang's black sixth ring also appeared. "Sixth spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Dodge."

She shot forward in a zig-zag motion. But to everyone's shock, other than Liao Suyin, her speed didn't drop at all. In fact, she even got faster! With each side motion, her speed burst propelled her forward towards Gu Rong. Since he was a Titled Douluo, her Shadow Cheetah Claw wouldn't hurt him too badly.

The others beside Fang Youyou launched their sixth spirit skills as well.

"Sixth spirit skill, Tarantula Spite!"

"Sixth spirit skill, Swift Winds!"

"Sixth spirit skill, Heavenly Lion Pride!"

Liao Suyin's sixth spirit skill used the hair on her jade legs. They turned to needles and shot towards Gu Rong. As they slid past, cutting through his clothes and coming into contact with his skin, her poison absorbed.

Bai Shanxin's sixth spirit skill increased all of her attributes by ten percent. The winds around them kicked up and started to swirl. Soon, a tornado formed in front of her and slowly moved towards Gu Rong.

Gu Xingyun's sixth spirit skill created a golden shield. It was able to protect anyone under the shield and could successfully defend against any attack so long as the attackers didn't exceed five spirit ranks above him.

The tornado picked up Gu Rong and trapped him inside. Gu Xingyun's shield was a better safe than sorry move. Ming Yong's song drew to a close, and Gu Rong came back to his senses. Realizing his predicament, he quickly launched his ninth spirit skill, Ossified Dragon. His spirit avatar grew even bigger under the boosts from the ninth skill. Bone pieces flew out, flying towards the Shrek Seven Tyrants. Liao Suyin launched her third spirit skill and covered herself in her Jade Armor. Gu Xingyun released his third spirit skill to protect his head. Fang Youyou was protected by his chest bone. Bai Shanxin and Ru Shenqi prepared to dodge the bone pieces. Ming Yong began to play his qin, launching his fourth spirit skill.

Seven feathers flew out to meet some bone pieces. Ru Shenqi released her Fire Dragon Domain and countered with Ultimate Darkness Straight Line. Gu Xingyun's halberd appeared, cutting some more pieces to dust. Bai Shanxin used her Air Strike to cut apart some pieces coming her way.

"First spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Blossom. Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth. Fourth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Ten Ton. Fifth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Run."

After aiding the others with his first, third, fourth, and fifth spirit skills, the Shrek Seven Tyrants basically fully recovered. Their spirit power was full, and adrenaline coursed through their veins.

Gu Rong sighed and shook his head. "You little Tyrants. Fine, we'll end here."

Just then, they heard a voice say, "Their Spirit Saint was severely limited and yet you couldn't hold your own against six Spirit Emperors? Are you really a Titled Douluo?"

Gu Rong's face twisted. "And were you any better? Getting beaten by Xiao Shen when she was still a Spirit Emperor?"

"She used her God powers!"

"Chen Xin, don't think you are that much better than me."

The one approaching was none other than Sword Douluo, Chen Xin. Upon seeing him, Fang Youyou approached him and Ning Fengzhi.

"Sword Douluo, Clan Leader Ning, may I show my sixth spirit skill?"

Ning Fengzhi nodded. "I'm curious."

"Then, Sword Douluo, would you be so kind as to be my target?"

Figuring Fang Youyou's aid couldn't be anything bad, Chen Xin nodded. Gu Rong and the other Six Tyrants walked over to be able to see better. Even the Golden Iron Triangle was curious.

Fang Youyou's black sixth spirit ring appeared.

Ning Fengzhi's eyes sparkled, waiting to see what surprise their Auxiliary System would give them. Everyone else had gained tyrannical sixth skills. Surely Fang Youyou wouldn't be any different.

"Sixth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regeneration."

A lotus petal landed on Chen Xin's right shoulder. As the rainbow light left the petal, it flowed into the Sword Douluo's shoulder. Slowly, flesh and bone started to grow, following the rainbow light down. After a minute or two, Chen Xin's right arm had been fully regenerated.

Twelve pairs of eyes widened. Twelve jaws dropped. Twelve people stood speechless.

Chen Xin bowed his head. "Thank you, Fang Youyou."

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth. Fourth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Ten Ton."

After losing his right arm in the battle against Spirit Empire back then, Chen Xin had suffered a large decrease in his strength. With Fang Youyou's two boosts, he received a seventy five percent restoration of spirit power and a twenty percent boost in strength to accompany his new arm. In under five minutes, Fang Youyou had almost completely returned Chen Xin to his former state.

"Sword Douluo is formidable. He is also friends to Shrek Academy and our Seniors. If Fang Youyou can be of help, just ask."

Ning Fengzhi nodded, pleased. He has far exceeded my expectations.

"Fang Youyou, would you be willing to join the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan?"

Hi all! I hope you're still enjoying Another Kind of Genius. If you want, support me by giving a tip on Ko-Fi! https://ko-fi.com/tmht02

5