65. Unparalleled
203 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fang Youyou shook his head. "Many thanks to Clan Leader Ning for the offer, but I'm happy as a free spirit master."

Ning Fengzhi sighed, "Very well then, I won't push the matter further."

Yu Xiaogang turned towards Ru Shenqi. "Xiao Shen, why did Xiao San seal your God powers also?"

She looked away. "I lost control. They were getting stronger by the day, but I wasn't keeping up. The stars backlashed and injured me. So, Sect Leader thought it'd be safest to seal them until I become a Titled Douluo."

Yu Xiaogang nodded. "Smart. It will only hurt you now if he hadn't."

Suddenly, they heard, "Xiao Shen."

Every pair of eyes turned to see a couple approaching. The man was tall, handsome, and graceful. His light blue hair swayed in the slight breeze. The woman, was slender and held a gentle countenance. Her hair was combed into a long scorpion braid. Indeed, this couple was none other than Tang San and Xiao Wu.

Ru Shenqi glanced at her friends. "I'm sorry. I wish I could stay to chat longer."

Without another word, she bounded over to Tang San and Xiao Wu. "Sect Leader, Laoshi."

The two looked at her. "Did you catch up with your friends?"

Ru Shenqi nodded. "We even had a friendly match with Bone Douluo."

Xiao Wu's eyes widened. Tang San turned towards those from the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan. "Senior, how was it?"

"They've all grown even more tyrannical. Since they're all Spirit Emperors now, how can their combined strength not be formidable?" Gu Rong replied. "They even were able to hold a candle against my ninth spirit skill."

Tang San chuckled. "Even Bibi Dong was injured by your Ossified Dragon at Jialing Pass back then. If these Tyrants can stand up to you... then their future really is limitless."

Xiao Wu wrapped an arm around her disciple. "Ge."

Tang San turned around. After a silent conversation between them, Xiao Wu suddenly hit a few acupoints on Ru Shenqi. Ru Shenqi felt a flood of energy burst forth. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Sensing her spirit power circulating, she realized that though she had improved one rank in the last five years, she was still far from the threshold of the Spirit Douluo rank.

Cultivation really does slow the higher you get.

Everyone looked at her as her eyes opened. Gu Xingyun took a step forward.

"Xiao Shen?"

She gave them a small smile and released her seven rings. They all glowed brightly and bounced around her.

"What rank are you at?" Flender asked.

Ru Shenqi nodded courteously to him. "Dean Flender, I'm a seventy ninth ranked Spirit Sage."

"Eh? Only one rank?"

Liu Erlong hit him unceremoniously. "Don't you know cultivation slows?! How has your own cultivation gotten along in the past five years?!"

"Aiya, Erlong..."

Yu Xiaogang could only shake his head. "Xiao Shen, from now on, you must persevere. Has Xiao San told you anything of Spirit Empire lately?"

She shook her head. "I've been cultivating in seclusion. Xiao Shen is ignorant."

Tang San explained, "Distracting her with matters regarding Spirit Empire wasn't beneficial. So, I made sure no one said anything within Tang Sect."

Yu Xiaogang sighed. "That's fine. But now... perhaps she needs to know."

Tang San and Xiao Wu nodded in agreement. Ru Shenqi tilted her head, curious and worried.

"What?"

The Golden Iron Triangle, Tang San, and Xiao Wu all looked right at her. "Spirit Empire is still unparalleled in terms of the number of spirit masters they can deploy. Though you're a genius among geniuses, you alone cannot go up against Spirit Empire."

Tang San added, "I wanted to wait until you had matured enough, but now it seems things are growing pressing once more. Xiao Shen, you come from Vast Sea City. Right now, one branch of Spirit Empire's army is crossing through Heaven Dou Empire. Their target... is Vast Sea City."

The color drained from Ru Shenqi's face. She stumbled backwards. Gu Xingyun shot forward and caught her in his arms.

"Xiao Shen."

No. Mom, Dad... I cannot fail you both again.

"Seeing the world would be a good thing for these youngsters," Ning Fengzhi cut in. "Grandmaster, you mean to send the Shrek Seven Tyrants to Vast Sea City, don't you?"

Ru Shenqi's eyes lit up with a hope. I can see Teacher Cang and Headmaster Bing again!

"Yes. It's time for the Shrek Seven Tyrants to shock the world once more. Spirit Empire's days are numbered."

The other Tyrants walked up to Ru Shenqi and Gu Xingyun. "Xiao Shen, we can't wait to see what it's like where you're from. None of us have ever been near the sea before."

She smiled. "The salty sea air is something the middle continent doesn't have. I miss it terribly. The freshness, the squawks of seagulls, the bustling trade, the ships going in and out of port. I miss it all."

Then, her eyes saddened. "I miss my parents most of all, though."

Her friends wrapped her up in the center of a hug. "Xiao Shen, we're your family. We won't abandon you."

Tears slid down her cheeks as she nodded. "We're the Shrek Seven Tyrants, how could we be separated forever?"

<><><>

Over the next few days, the Shrek Seven Tyrants prepared to hit the road. Gu Xingyun sent a letter home, explaining that he wouldn't be returning for a while. Shu Jiaxiang and Liao Suyin didn't have time to return to Suotuo City, so they gathered some rations from Shrek Academy to have with them. Bai Shanxin and Ru Shenqi returned to Tang Sect where they got some hidden weapons to bring along. Fang Youyou went to Heaven Dou Imperial Academy and sent in his resignation. Ming Yong distributed his classes to the other teachers.

When everyone was finally ready, a carriage made by the Strength Hall was waiting for them. The Shrek Seven Tyrants climbed in. Since the Shrek Five Devils were the most familiar on how to get to Vast Sea City, besides Ru Shenqi, Ma Hongjun was going as their escort to see them safely across the empire.

"Haha, Vast Sea City, it's been a while. Back then, I showed those Ocean Spirit Masters how powerful a Phoenix can be!"

Tang San, Xiao Wu, Oscar, Ning Rongrong, and Bai Chenxiang shook their heads at his bragging.

"Fatty, look after them well," Tang San reminded.

"Don't worry, San ge, they'll be safe."

Inside the carriage, Ru Shenqi playfully nudged Gu Xingyun's arm. "Xingyun, if you're lucky, you can get an ocean spirit beast for your seventh ring. Ocean spirit beasts are stronger and more powerful than land spirit beasts, so the seventh ring will surely be a good one."

"Then I'll trust you, Xiao Shen."

"Ch! Ch! Ch!" Ma Hongjun cried as he flicked the reins. The two horses started into a trot, beginning to leave Shrek Academy behind. All Seven Tyrants leaned out the windows and waved goodbye to the Golden Iron Triangle, the Shrek Four Devils, and the seniors from the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan.

Vast Sea City, here we come.

6